Options

God damn this is getting on my nerves....

AiCPearlJamWeenAiCPearlJamWeen Posts: 785
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Ok so my buddies wanna take a shit load of pot down to Roo (and we're driving from NY) but I told them no because if I get pulled over I'm not going to jail for their actions. They said I need to chill out because its not my car and shit. I come back with telling them that not only are TN cops pricks during the week of Roo but they also check your car on the way in. Of course they don't believe me and I'm really kind of pissed because I don't want to risk a fucking $300 ticket to Roo because they wanna smoke some dope on the way down.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Ok so my buddies wanna take a shit load of pot down to Roo (and we're driving from NY) but I told them no because if I get pulled over I'm not going to jail for their actions. They said I need to chill out because its not my car and shit. I come back with telling them that not only are TN cops pricks during the week of Roo but they also check your car on the way in. Of course they don't believe me and I'm really kind of pissed because I don't want to risk a fucking $300 ticket to Roo because they wanna smoke some dope on the way down.

Makes me think of My Cousin Vinny, although not entirely apt.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    Define, "shit load"?

OZ?
    QP?
    HP?
    P?
    2P?
    15P?

:D

I feel yah man.

If its not your car, and you aren't driving, you should be alright though.
    As long as everyone doesn't turn and point their finger at you, that is.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    your friends are fuckin stupid
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I feel you, we went to the Montreal show back in 05 and my boyfriend wanted to take some pot along with us... I told him hell fuckin NO! he wanted to cross into another country with pot... but thank god he didn't because they search our car the second they heard we were going to a pearl jam concert...

Only advise I have for you, is make sure you don't take your car or drive... nothing can happen to you if it is not your car and you are not driving. So at least, if they need their pot: they will go to jail not you... Good luck and enjoy the show...

Oh, I know so great hiding spots, if you want to know. ;)
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    Well I am going to be the one driving but I'm going to be stone sober. Plus I got them to only smoke at the rest stops so the car wont stink
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Don't take any with you. Your friends probably say they hardly search your car, which may be true for most going to Roo, but some do get a more thorough search by the authorities. If you're caught with any of the green stuff the fine will be a lot more than $300, and if you have a lot of weed it could be enough to amount to distribution.

Just get your party favors there.
  • Options
    schmoffschmoff Posts: 428
    make brownies, i usually do and you can make them very potent and then not worry about having "weed" or smoking anything, pack the brownies with your lunch and your all set
    50+ shows and lost count somewhere along the way
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Sorry, but I would be more concerned about posting this info on a public message board than actually doing the drive quietly, though I think both options are probably not a good idea. Think of it this way, if you don't get busted, PARTAYYYY!!!! If you do, um.. Is it worth it? I think there'll be plenty of dope for smokin' at 'roo, but if you're thinking of it as a business to make money, sheesh.. Make them ride with someone else. My very humble opinion.
    Just me
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Well I am going to be the one driving but I'm going to be stone sober. Plus I got them to only smoke at the rest stops so the car wont stink

My question is... Do your brainiac friends still plan plan on having a couple of hundred glass pipes with you too?
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Don't take any with you. Your friends probably say they hardly search your car, which may be true for most going to Roo, but some do get a more thorough search by the authorities. If you're caught with any of the green stuff the fine will be a lot more than $300, and if you have a lot of weed it could be enough to amount to distribution.

Just get your party favors there.

Thats what I tell them. I guess they wanna take the shuttle though from the Nashville Airport. So we are driving to the airport I guess and parking the car there for the weekend.
  • Options

Don't drive... I could be wrong but I think if it is your car you get in trouble. Unless, you got good friends and they fess up if you get pull over. Also, I dont think there is anyway they can test if you are smoking so you might as well join them. =)
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    My question is... Do your brainiac friends still plan plan on having a couple of hundred glass pipes with you too?

Nah we arn't anymore I don't think we are.
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    define alot?

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options

Okay.
    If you are driving, here is what i would do.

Tell them:

"Look. I am not cool with this. I've been to Roo before. Have you? Raise your hand. No. So shut the fuck up and listen to me. They search your fucking car going to Roo. Okay? You look like a bunch of cheech'd out mother fuckers, and you'll be all blazed up, and we will probably get the 'delux' treatment. I ain't down with that. You know why? Cause i want to fucking make it to the show. So dig this: If you bring that dope. I'm not going to fucking drive. Okay? Dead serious. Find a fucking hookup at the show. And quit being little bitches."

Try something like that.

:D

My question is this:
    What does the AIRPORT have to do with DRIVING to Roo?
    Cause that is like, a WHOLE nother ball game!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    consider the huge downside.....possible jailtime, a stain on your police record and a ruined weekend.

Don't let them talk you into it.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Stash it in the trunk, tell them no baking in the car, and when you get close you're pulling over so they can put it on themselves. Problem solved, everyone wins.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    Stash it in the trunk, tell them no baking in the car, and when you get close you're pulling over so they can put it on themselves. Problem solved, everyone wins.

I would consider someplace a bit more creative than the trunk.
    How about behind the dash board, up under the steering wheel, in the engine block somewhere, or between the seat cracks.

Of course, none of that means dick if they bring in the dogs.

Also, like I said,
    if he is traveling with a bunch of disheveled stoner lookin' freaks,
    they may get the "delux" treatment.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    If your friends don't respect your wishes... then, what kind of friends are they?
    And don't they ever watch those cop car video programs on cable T.V? It places like Tennessee... 4 guys get popped with any amount of pot... all 4 go to jail. Not just the one person holding the stuff. And pot in the South... in a car with Yankee plates? You might as well be Usama bin Laden himself in a bomb filled U-Haul... because that's how you'll be viewed.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    I would consider someplace a bit more creative than the trunk.
    How about behind the dash board, up under the steering wheel, in the engine block somewhere, or between the seat cracks.

Of course, none of that means dick if they bring in the dogs.

Also, like I said,
    if he is traveling with a bunch of disheveled stoner lookin' freaks,
    they may get the "delux" treatment.

I'm talking under the carpet stashed in a knook trunk action. Anywhere inside the actual where people are sitting gets sketchy becase if the bag stinks after a while you'll stop noticing it, then its a problem.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    the risks far outweigh the advantages, in my opinion.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    Mary Jane and I drive together quite often.... I just stuff her down my pants and tell her not to say a fucking word.
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,810
    cheech and chong go to bonnaroo.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    the risks far outweigh the advantages, in my opinion.

Depends on the bud.
  • Options
    I don't want to risk a fucking $300 ticket to Roo because they wanna smoke some dope on the way down.

I'd go to the NORML site and print out all the fines --state to state-- for possession for each of the states you will be traveling through. The fines vary GREATLY. This will probably convince you and your buds to leave some of the buds behind.

Are they bringing it to sell it? You guys couldn't think of anything more creative and less illegal than weed and pipes? You have been at this plan for months and months! Selling weed at Bonnaroo will not make you cool. Most everyone there is a pot head and people will not think your friends are the cool dudes because they have weed. THE PLACE WILL BE FULL OF COOL DUDES. And you ain't such a cool dude if you're getting busted. Nothing makes you feel less cool.

AND...If you guys do get busted? I think your $300 Roo ticket will be fairly low on the list of concerns you have. Again...check the NORML site. Different states have very different penalties for varying amounts of weed. BUT... Hypothetically... you get busted in TN. You've got to spend a night or probably the weekend if you're busted on a Friday evening...they may not arraign you til Monday. Then bail. Then you have to pay $$ to a lawyer. Then you have to return to the state to go to court. Hotel fees, transportation costs, possibly missing school (depending on when they schedule your court date...) Then fines, surcharges, varying other charges they could try to tack on... a record. Yep...Bonaroo ticket...Don't want to risk that $300 Bonaroo ticket...

Just go to Bonnaroo and have a good fucking time. Sell hippie food to the hippies. Let someone else get them high and yo take care of their munchies with peanut butter and fluffernutter for $2 each. You'll clean up. Or whatever...But not large quantities of weed and maybe pipes too.

This is the only post Ill make on this matter as I think I have said PLENTY.

If you're not comfortable not saying no to your friends then sell your Roo ticket. Hit a Pearl Jam show... And then maybe go to another festival... there are lots of small cool ones. You know you're not comfortable. That is why you keep asking about this over and over and over...

Good Luck and I hope you make wise decisions. Weed? Fine. Great in fact. A bunch of 20 year old guys traveling across many states to go to Roo with quantity... "shit loads"?? these days? RISKY!

And for gods sake...don't bring the f*ing pipes AND the weed. God help you.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    wow first the pipes, now the pot......as the driver, you are responsible for everything in the car.....so if they found pot in the spare tire well, YOU go to jail.....your friends, and i'm pretty sure on this, would deny knowing anything about it and let your ass go to jail.....
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    I take an RV to Roo (flame me all you want) and last time I was searched a total of 3 times from TN border to the Roo lot. Finally it got so funny, we started pulling out our clean check tickets from the previous cops to prove we had already been searched. You will be searched, that's a given. Now it's a matter if they find anything or not. DEFINITELY, don't smoke while driving whatever you do!
    DUH! And don't bring it to sell it, I'm such an idiot-I didn't even think about people traveling with mass quantities to sell it! Everyone gets searched over and over and over!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    I'd go to the NORML site and print out all the fines --state to state-- for possession for each of the states you will be traveling through. The fines vary GREATLY. This will probably convince you and your buds to leave some of the buds behind.

Are they bringing it to sell it? You guys couldn't think of anything more creative and less illegal than weed and pipes? You have been at this plan for months and months! Selling weed at Bonnaroo will not make you cool. Most everyone there is a pot head and people will not think your friends are the cool dudes because they have weed. THE PLACE WILL BE FULL OF COOL DUDES. And you ain't such a cool dude if you're getting busted. Nothing makes you feel less cool.

AND...If you guys do get busted? I think your $300 Roo ticket will be fairly low on the list of concerns you have. Again...check the NORML site. Different states have very different penalties for varying amounts of weed. BUT... Hypothetically... you get busted in TN. You've got to spend a night or probably the weekend if you're busted on a Friday evening...they may not arraign you til Monday. Then bail. Then you have to pay $$ to a lawyer. Then you have to return to the state to go to court. Hotel fees, transportation costs, possibly missing school (depending on when they schedule your court date...) Then fines, surcharges, varying other charges they could try to tack on... a record. Yep...Bonaroo ticket...Don't want to risk that $300 Bonaroo ticket...

Just go to Bonnaroo and have a good fucking time. Sell hippie food to the hippies. Let someone else get them high and yo take care of their munchies with peanut butter and fluffernutter for $2 each. You'll clean up. Or whatever...But not large quantities of weed and maybe pipes too.

This is the only post Ill make on this matter as I think I have said PLENTY.

If you're not comfortable not saying no to your friends then sell your Roo ticket. Hit a Pearl Jam show... And then maybe go to another festival... there are lots of small cool ones. You know you're not comfortable. That is why you keep asking about this over and over and over...

Good Luck and I hope you make wise decisions. Weed? Fine. Great in fact. A bunch of 20 year old guys traveling across many states to go to Roo with quantity... "shit loads"?? these days? RISKY!

And for gods sake...don't bring the f*ing pipes AND the weed. God help you.

Yea I know, we're only bringing a half ounce.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,810
    dont listen to anyone here....

bring all those pipes....
    and pounds of pounds of pot......

because i....cant wait to hear about your weekend in Tennessee.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    I take an RV to Roo (flame me all you want) and last time I was searched a total of 3 times from TN border to the Roo lot. Finally it got so funny, we started pulling out our clean check tickets from the previous cops to prove we had already been searched. You will be searched, that's a given. Now it's a matter if they find anything or not. DEFINITELY, don't smoke while driving whatever you do!

jesus.
    even Rainbow Gathering when we went in '00 up in Montana was not this bad.

In fact it wasn't anything NEAR that bad.

Fucking aye.
  • Options
    Yea I know, we're only bringing a half ounce.

Jeez. How is that "shitloads?"

But if you have the pipes and they spot those you know they are looking closely. Also...check that NORML site anyway.

Glad to hear you are not really bringing shitloads.

Wise move. :)