Options

God damn this is getting on my nerves....

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    A half oz is nothing. Just make sure its in one bag so if you do get busted they can't pin distribution on you.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    A half oz is nothing. Just make sure its in one bag so if you do get busted they can't pin distribution on you.

yeah for fucking real.

Honestly.
    Depending on how far the drive is, id say just bring a fucking eighth and some papers, and BRING MORE CASH. Smoke the joints before you get anywhere near the show.

Like plenty have said,
    if you're not a brick, you can move around at the show and find someone to buy a bag off of.

Hows that sound?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    possession of a half oz. in tennesse.....misdemeanor....could land you in jail for a year.....and a max fine of $2500....

SELLING that half oz........is now a FELONY....could land you in jail for 1-6 years.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,179
    If I have learned one thing in life in my 30 years, it is...

Trust your instincts
  • Options
    drug dogs
    the Minions
  • Options
    and remember all the nice people here who told you that..."a half oz. is nothing"...

when Mr. policeman handcuffs you...throws you into the wagon...drags your ass to jail....fingerprints you....throws you in a cell....and then says that will be $1000 fine....

and that $1000 you obviously dont have...or you wouldnt be selling drugs and pipes at bonnaroo to "make some extra cash"...

and then when you go to get your vehicle....that has now been impounded...

and the gentleman says "that will be $500 to get your vehicle back"....

again...think of the nice people here who said "a half oz. is nothing....
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    and remember all the nice people here who told you that..."a half oz. is nothing"...

when Mr. policeman handcuffs you...throws you into the wagon...drags your ass to jail....fingerprints you....throws you in a cell....and then says that will be $1000 fine....

and that $1000 you obviously dont have...or you wouldnt be selling drugs and pipes at bonnaroo to "make some extra cash"...

Listen to Speedy. He's a wise guy. ;)
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

ssshhhhh....damnit speedy......remember we want to hear what tennesse jails are like....;) :p: D
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    While I have no problem, in general, with people smoking weed, I dont understand the need for people to "enhance" their concert experience by getting wasted or getting so stoned they cant think straight.

If I was going to see Pink Floyd, maybe I would think differently. But its Pearl Jam.

I dont think smoking a bowl then listening to Comatose and Spin the Black Circle would be my experience of choice. Maybe 3 coffees and 2 Mountain Dews, but not pot.

But either way, nothing is worth driving across state lines with illegal drugs and obvious friends.

I used to love potheads who dressed like potheads, smelled like potheads, looked like potheads, talked like potheads, and smoked in front of people, then wondered why they were paranoid. Dont be a dumbass.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options

they obviously aren't selling with only a half oz, yo.
    c'mon, now.
    ;)

I agree with this.
    I guess.

I stand by my statement:
    take an eighth, smoke it before you get near TN.
    Deal with the 30 minutes or hour coming down.
    Buy more when you get there.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    ssshhhhh....damnit speedy......remember we want to hear what tennesse jails are like....;) :p: D

and lets see....

are you now going to have to hire a lawyer?? because now you have to face a judge???

because you are facing felony charges of possesion of an illegal drug...with the INTENT to distribute???

all because you and your buddies wanted to "make some extra cash"....

and what do your parents have to say about this fine little mess their child has now gotten into???
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    They said I need to chill out because its not my car and shit.

No... both the driver and owner (if in the car) are usually fucked.... now if you were a passenger and something was on you, different story......
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    While I have no problem, in general, with people smoking weed, I dont understand the need for people to "enhance" their concert experience by getting wasted or getting so stoned they cant think straight.

If I was going to see Pink Floyd, maybe I would think differently. But its Pearl Jam.

I dont think smoking a bowl then listening to Comatose and Spin the Black Circle would be my experience of choice. Maybe 3 coffees and 2 Mountain Dews, but not pot.

But either way, nothing is worth driving across state lines with illegal drugs and obvious friends.

I used to love potheads who dressed like potheads, smelled like potheads, looked like potheads, talked like potheads, and smoked in front of people, then wondered why they were paranoid. Dont be a dumbass.

Actually this is not Pearl Jam. This is Bonnaroo and it's completely different. There is so much more going on at Bonnaroo that caters to pot smoking than just a Pearl Jam concert. And smoking a joint and listening to Spin The Black Circle or Comatose might not sound appealing to you, but smoking a joint and listening to Small Town or Daughter/It's OK or Yellow Ledbetter sounds pretty appealing to me.

As for the original poster. I suggest keeping the pot in a smell-proof bag (yes, they exist and they work well). Put it in a good hiding spot in the car, be careful when you take any out for smoking. Most importantly, drive carefully. You CANNOT give the police a reason to pull you over. Can't stress this enough. Do not deck your car out in Bonnaroo stickers, make sure all your lights are working, and never, ever speed.

If they do pull you over, you don't have to consent to a search of the car. It's illegal for them to search you if you do not give consent. They might give you flack, but it's important to know your rights and not let them overstep their boundaries.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    NeilJam wrote:
    Don't take any with you. Your friends probably say they hardly search your car, which may be true for most going to Roo, but some do get a more thorough search by the authorities. If you're caught with any of the green stuff the fine will be a lot more than $300, and if you have a lot of weed it could be enough to amount to distribution.

Just get your party favors there.

well. that's only partially true. depending on the state they will only get you for intent to distribute if you have it packaged in small bags. (in california) if you have it all it one bag then there isn't any grounds for that..unless you're talking bricks of the stuff..
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Jesus...after reading this thread I'm so damn thankful that I live in Northern California, LoL!!! Amazing some of the different views on pot I see on this board and it just makes me realize that in some areas pot is actually viewed just like crack/cocaine which is terribly sad.

If you want to take some advice from a "seasoned" veteran who has traveled all across the US (by car and plane) to see PJ play and who always has some green medicine in tow with him, never travel with more than you're really gonna smoke while there.

And if a half O is a "shitload", then the quantity I purchase for my own personal consumption must qualify me as a drug czar...LOL.

Peace on ya and stay TaLL!

RM
  • Options
    Jesus...after reading this thread I'm so damn thankful that I live in Northern California, LoL!!! Amazing some of the different views on pot I see on this board and it just makes me realize that in some areas pot is actually viewed just like crack/cocaine which is terribly sad.

If you want to take some advice from a "seasoned" veteran who has traveled all across the US (by car and plane) to see PJ play and who always has some green medicine in tow with him, never travel with more than you're really gonna smoke while there.

And if a half O is a "shitload", then the quantity I purchase for my own personal consumption must qualify me as a drug czar...LOL.

RM

I dont think it is people are just paranoid.

I have a friend who is an air marshall, and a friend who works security for continental, they told me they arent looking for weed, at worst it is getting taken though, but I doubt a half or so no arrest. But hey you never know, stranger things have happened.
    there have been people caught, celebs included.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    Ok so my buddies wanna take a shit load of pot down to Roo (and we're driving from NY) but I told them no because if I get pulled over I'm not going to jail for their actions. They said I need to chill out because its not my car and shit. I come back with telling them that not only are TN cops pricks during the week of Roo but they also check your car on the way in. Of course they don't believe me and I'm really kind of pissed because I don't want to risk a fucking $300 ticket to Roo because they wanna smoke some dope on the way down.
    If it really makes you that uncomfortable, dont ride with them. Go solo, Im going to Roo solo as are lots of people. Simple possession of weed is misdemeanor in most cases in all 50 states. Buy lawyers cost a lot and so does being caught in the court system. However, if you do choose to drive with them, use your best judgment and know the facts about the laws:

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516
    http://www.flexyourrights.org/traffic_stop_scenario
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229

I have a friend who is an air marshall, and a friend who works security for continental, they told me they arent looking for weed, at worst it is getting taken though, but I doubt a half or so no arrest. But hey you never know, stranger things have happened.

Yep, there always has to be one of those johnny do gooders who takes their job a little too seriously though and you're screwed for sure, over what??? a little weed....lol.

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758

Yeah, don't try to take weed on a plane. You're not guaranteed to be caught, but you're asking for it.

Last trip I took, I got "randomly selected" for screening. They took everything out of my bag. Everything. They took DVDs out of their cases ... even the "liner notes" to the DVDS. They opened every book and magazine, flipping through the pages to make sure nothing fell out.

If they had found anything illegal at all, I would have been fucked. They would have had me arrested.

Don't fuck with TSA or Homeland Security. It just isn't a wise gamble.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    What to Do if You're Stopped?

Never consent to a search. Most individuals arrested on marijuana charges could have avoided the arrest by exercising their Fourth Amendment rights. If a law enforcement officer asks permission to search, it is usually because :

There is not enough evidence to obtain a search warrant
    The officer does not feel like going through the hassle of obtaining a search warrant.
    Law enforcement officers are trained to intimidate people into consenting to searches. If an individual does consent, the officer can -and will- conduct a search without a warrant. If the officer finds any contraband, the person will be arrested. Moreover, the validity of the evidence will almost definitely hold up in court ( The recent Alaska and Ohio court rulings are exceptions to the rule.) because consenting to a search essentially amounts to handing the evidence to the officer and saying, "Here it is, arrest me."

If an individual does not consent, the officer must either release the person or detain the person and attempt to get a warrant. The fact that an individual refuses to consent does not give the officer grounds to obtain a warrant. The individual should politely say:

"I do not consent to a search of my person, belongings, home, or vehicle. I retain my Fourth Amendment right and all other rights under the United States Constitution. I will say nothing until my attorney is present."

If the officer conducts a search anyway- without a warrant- any contraband discovered will likely be declared invalid evidence by the judge and any charges will probably be dropped. If the officer does attempt to get a warrant and is successful in doing so, any contraband discovered may still be excluded as evidence if the individual's lawyer can convince the judge that the warrant itself was invalid-which, in many cases, it is.

IMPORTANT: No matter what a law enforcement officer threatens or promises, it is always better to refuse to consent to a search.

Do not stick around any longer than is required: From the time a law enforcement officer approaches, it is wise to remain calm and not arouse suspicion. Nevertheless, individuals should always find out if the officer requires them to stay; if not, they should explain that they are in a hurry, then leave.

Law enforcement officers are trained to create the impression that their suspects are obliged to stay. Individuals being questioned by an officer should simply say:

"Am I under arrest or otherwise detained? If not, I really need to get going. Have a nice day."
    Do not be hostile; do not physically resist: Some law enforcement officers do not care about citizens' rights; sometimes, the suspect is caught red-handed; other times, there are special-case qualifiers to certain rights, or there are loopholes beyond the scope of discussion in this publication. In any case, there are times when individuals politely assert their rights and refuse to talk or give consent, but the officers disregard their wishes and proceed to detain, search, or arrest them.

In such cases, it is important to keep in mind that law enforcement officers have clubs, mace, handcuffs, guns, back-up, and usually the trust of the court. Aggression against the officers can make matters far worse. This does not mean that individuals facing such circumstances should give up all rights. Sometimes it is best to simply say, "Do what you feel you must; I will not physically resist. However, I do not consent to this."

So smoke up Johnny...
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

No, at the Pink Floyd shows I've been to we smoked Hash. heh. I smoke lightly. I don't like getting so fucked up it ruins my fun. I like to smoke just enough to make me see the leaves on the trees sway a little differently in the wind, etc...
    Just me
  • Options

RM

I'll keep my eyes out for the dangerous looking drug lord in Santa Cruz and Berkeley. You might fit in well with me and some of my friends lol.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Listen to my girl Zanne. She just spoke some TRUTH!

The TRUTH is about 44 hours away! YAY! Hold on, I'm coming!

=)))))
    Just me
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    sgossard3 wrote:
    your friends are fuckin stupid

i agree...

stoners get on my nerves...these are people who dont wanna take a risk with real drugs
  • Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,303
    just to add my experience...they didn't search anything heading into Roo in '06, and you can freely smoke in font of the "security" at the shows and they dont give a flying fuck...not saying what to do, just saying what my experience was like.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    What to Do if You're Stopped?

Never consent to a search. Most individuals arrested on marijuana charges could have avoided the arrest by exercising their Fourth Amendment rights. If a law enforcement officer asks permission to search, it is usually because :

There is not enough evidence to obtain a search warrant
    The officer does not feel like going through the hassle of obtaining a search warrant.
    Law enforcement officers are trained to intimidate people into consenting to searches. If an individual does consent, the officer can -and will- conduct a search without a warrant. If the officer finds any contraband, the person will be arrested. Moreover, the validity of the evidence will almost definitely hold up in court ( The recent Alaska and Ohio court rulings are exceptions to the rule.) because consenting to a search essentially amounts to handing the evidence to the officer and saying, "Here it is, arrest me."

If an individual does not consent, the officer must either release the person or detain the person and attempt to get a warrant. The fact that an individual refuses to consent does not give the officer grounds to obtain a warrant. The individual should politely say:

"I do not consent to a search of my person, belongings, home, or vehicle. I retain my Fourth Amendment right and all other rights under the United States Constitution. I will say nothing until my attorney is present."

If the officer conducts a search anyway- without a warrant- any contraband discovered will likely be declared invalid evidence by the judge and any charges will probably be dropped. If the officer does attempt to get a warrant and is successful in doing so, any contraband discovered may still be excluded as evidence if the individual's lawyer can convince the judge that the warrant itself was invalid-which, in many cases, it is.

IMPORTANT: No matter what a law enforcement officer threatens or promises, it is always better to refuse to consent to a search.

Do not stick around any longer than is required: From the time a law enforcement officer approaches, it is wise to remain calm and not arouse suspicion. Nevertheless, individuals should always find out if the officer requires them to stay; if not, they should explain that they are in a hurry, then leave.

Law enforcement officers are trained to create the impression that their suspects are obliged to stay. Individuals being questioned by an officer should simply say:

"Am I under arrest or otherwise detained? If not, I really need to get going. Have a nice day."
    Do not be hostile; do not physically resist: Some law enforcement officers do not care about citizens' rights; sometimes, the suspect is caught red-handed; other times, there are special-case qualifiers to certain rights, or there are loopholes beyond the scope of discussion in this publication. In any case, there are times when individuals politely assert their rights and refuse to talk or give consent, but the officers disregard their wishes and proceed to detain, search, or arrest them.

In such cases, it is important to keep in mind that law enforcement officers have clubs, mace, handcuffs, guns, back-up, and usually the trust of the court. Aggression against the officers can make matters far worse. This does not mean that individuals facing such circumstances should give up all rights. Sometimes it is best to simply say, "Do what you feel you must; I will not physically resist. However, I do not consent to this."

So smoke up Johnny...

if you don't consent to a search, they'll just get a police dog, who will smell the pot, and that is enough to allow them to search.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

i hope you don't think that pot is any worse for you than fucking mountain dew...we're all gonna die, and its from our fucking food.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456

Wise advice....

Because if you're not careful, your car ride to "Roo could go something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TFSYx7iXq4

I'm freaking out, man!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    NewJPage wrote:
    if you don't consent to a search, they'll just get a police dog, who will smell the pot, and that is enough to allow them to search.

That is just a bluff. They will tell you they are getting the dog unless you consent to a search. 9 times out of 10 they do not get the dog. And, they can't hold you for 2 hours on the side of the road to wait for a dog to come.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i love how every stoner is a legal specialist...

lets all just use common sense...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/