Pearl Jam in Hartford

Comments

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    BeerBaron wrote:
    The show there in 200 was amazing! Only bad part is the traffic getting out of the show.

There's nothing better than knowing the back roads! I'll help you next time. ;)
  • Hey Spin! :) That definitely was a warm moment during a cold night.
    honestly I was a human pogo-stick that night..."never lose your inner heat";)
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • The Meadows as it used to be called is the worst venue in the State. The sound system for the lawn is embarrassing. The best place to see a concert in CT is the Mohegan Sun Arena. Pepe's Pizza is in New Haven and is no where near Harbor Yard unless you are coming from Rhode Island way. If you are going to eat in New Haven, go to Anastasio's just down the street. The tailgating in Hartford can be iffy depending on the mood of the local constabulary. We never go to a show there unless it is the only place to see the band locally. We will be there of course.
    High and Inside, Low and Away
  • FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 915
    "The best place to see a concert in CT is the Mohegan Sun Arena. Pepe's Pizza is in New Haven and is no where near Harbor Yard unless you are coming from Rhode Island way."

You are wrong as Pepe's is in Fairfield 2 exits away from Harbour Yard. They also just opened up in Manchester, CT where ever that is.
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    pj23yanks wrote:
    The Meadows was the worst PJ show I have ever been to. I hope they don't play there

up there on my list as well of shows I didnt love
    the twenty-five minute walk to the venue didnt help
    set list is kinda weak-garden i got shit was good

the problem is that albany was the night before and that was a phenomenal show
  • Get_Right wrote:
    up there on my list as well of shows I didnt love
    the twenty-five minute walk to the venue didnt help
    set list is kinda weak-garden i got shit was good

the problem is that albany was the night before and that was a phenomenal show

I agree - Albany was a great show. Hartford just seemed to be lacking something to me. Of course the weather didn't help. Maybe if Hartford was a week later than Albany, it wouldn't have seemed so mediocre to me. But 24 hours later, it just paled by comparison IMO.
  • I agree - Albany was a great show. Hartford just seemed to be lacking something to me. Of course the weather didn't help. Maybe if Hartford was a week later than Albany, it wouldn't have seemed so mediocre to me. But 24 hours later, it just paled by comparison IMO.

Totally agree........

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• I agree - Albany was a great show. Hartford just seemed to be lacking something to me. Of course the weather didn't help. Maybe if Hartford was a week later than Albany, it wouldn't have seemed so mediocre to me. But 24 hours later, it just paled by comparison IMO.
    didn't want to say anything, but I felt the same. It was the first of 10 shows I went to, and I would have to rank it last.
    tacos
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I didnt even go to Albany and I thought Hartford was lacking something... but the bootleg is good! I kinda feel like i didnt give it enough credit... when i was there it was full of drunk college kids, the weather sucked.... so that effects my decision too atleast I got to hear a few chords of "I'm Open" and "Deep" for the first time....
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    did they play "Sleight of hand" in Albany?..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    did they play "Sleight of hand" in Albany?..

Unfortunately no. I was hoping for it because it's one of my favorite PJ tunes, but I did get Rats so it's all good.
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    i'll be there....i am only 10 minutes away.

06 Hartford was cold? I was in shorts...didn't notice any cold.

There are a lot of idiots that attend Meadows shows...
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    i'll be there....i am only 10 minutes away.

06 Hartford was cold? I was in shorts...didn't notice any cold.

There are a lot of idiots that attend Meadows shows...

raining and very cold.......
    I had such obnoxious drunks sitting in front of me....

oh wait, Get Right - was that you?!?! heh heh j/k - it wasn't you - these boys were really young. :)
    the weather was crappy, but it didn't bother me.
    The assholes that go to shows just to try and start problems do though. And it seems every show in hfd draws them like flies
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I'm going to see the Sound Tigers tonight. There is Pepe's Pizza in all three places. Manchester, Fairfield and New Haven. New Haven was the only one I was familiar with, so I looked it up. Sure enough, same owners, three places.
    May just grab some sandwiches at D'Angelos and be done with it. My friend is a whack that doesn't like pizza.
    Anyway, wish PJ would play at Harbor Yard but I think it's too small. Like I said before, The Who there was unreal.

And Yeah, Hartford Meadows or Dodge center or whatever you call it is OK. It is what you make of it. I had good seats for that show, otherwise it was on the bottom of my list. The crowd was not great, we just went in as soon as they opened and hung inside, it was so much better than the lots that were just out of control. BF had to walk in front of my car and kick the bottles out of the way just to get out of the parking lot, and that took some time.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • PJFLIRTPJFLIRT Posts: 41
    Yea so I dont know if any of you saw my thread but Hartford is sceduled as June 27 right now.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Strange that the Hartford PD is a problem at the Meadows these days. Back when I was going to concerts there (I grew up in Simsbury), the cops used to drive around and hand out red cups to anyone drinking out of a bottle or can. It was super laid back.
    Strange that the Hartford PD is a problem at the Meadows these days. Back when I was going to concerts there (I grew up in Simsbury), the cops used to drive around and hand out red cups to anyone drinking out of a bottle or can. It was super laid back.
    We were hanging out drinking beers and grillings....cops walked by us didnt say a thing. We also were putting empties back in the box though.
  • doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Yea for the past few years, at the meadows, as long as you put your booze in a cup and don't have a ton of empties around, the cops won't bother you. i enjoy heading there earlier to tailgate. can't wait for this summer with tom petty coming, and hopefully PJ.
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Awesome. Another CT native here, from Wallingford.

Middletown is a cool little town. Some nice bars too, especially Eli Canons, good place. So many diff kinds of beer.

Nice, I'm from Wallyworld as well. Been out west for 4 or 5 years now though. I actually worked at the Oakdale and Meadows for a while and did a lot of work with Koplik. That dude is in the know for sure!

I might rule out a Hartford show even if he is trying to get it but i'm all for coming back for some pJ.

Bottom line....if he says that PJ is touring this summer I think it's good as gold that we will atleast get a handfull of dates.

Nice work!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i'm from ct too. east haven (no i'm not one of those wanna-be assholes though). i'm so easy when it comes to venues. i have no problem with the meadows whatsoever. i absolutely LOVED that hartford show!! my friend and i each picked one song we wanted to hear that night no matter how crazy. i chose sleight of hand, and my friend picked i got shit. got em both!! what are the chances? garden was amazing. i'm open was history. black was one of the best versions i've heard. ohh, and inside job was unreal. i'm also only 16 years old, so i was real young then. quite an experience. cannot fucking waaaait for them to come. i just listened to the koplik interview. the whole ticketmaster thing was a smart move by him. i can see pj in ct, nyc, nj, boston, or philly. lookin foward to this summer baby! looks like a lot of other great acts are in store too. pj, stp, rush, and maiden would be a fuckin sweet summer.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Saw The Who w/ The Pretenders..That was just unreal.

Where is Pepe's? Always looking for somewhere to eat cause the food in that plus sucks.

30 feet from the Arena is an Italian joint called Ralph N' Rich's...Ive eaten in some of the most well known Itaian places in NYC, and this place actually tops them all. I promise. check it out
  • possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    30 feet from the Arena is an Italian joint called Ralph N' Rich's...Ive eaten in some of the most well known Itaian places in NYC, and this place actually tops them all. I promise. check it out

if you say so, ive been to little italy in new york city and had a canoli, mama mia! it was good. does this place riches and ralphs have those, they are like fortune cookie with italian whipped cream
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • possomists wrote:
    if you say so, ive been to little italy in new york city and had a canoli, mama mia! it was good. does this place riches and ralphs have those, they are like fortune cookie with italian whipped cream

um, if you think a canoli is a fortune cookie with whipped cream then you have absolutely no idea what real italian food is. jesus man.
  • possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    hey man, take a chill pill, i loved the canoli, i know its not a fortune cookie, its italian not chinese, im jsut saying its like that kind of outside
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275

I have eaten there, a three block walk from the Arena. Had an antipasti plate and the Calamari. Was stuffed in a corner at the bar because of the Happy Hour suits, apparently no tables without a reservation. The food was top notch, what I had anyway...Just had problems getting the bartenders attention and putting in an order.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    I had no issue with the cops in hartford..
    It was the vibe of the venue..

the parking lot was pretty beat up with broken vodka bottles and trash all over the place...

alot of the crowd seemed really drunk and angry..

(the 16 oz beers may have contributed to it, but hey these people were drunk coming in..!)

from polling other 10C jammers, I heard similar impresssions...

IMO..

The show was sonic.. the venue is the sh*ts though..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

I just got back from Ralph and Richie's for lunch. I work on Main street and its 2 blocks away. INCREDIBLE ITALIAN FOOD and this is coming from a local siciliano. Harding High Class of 89'
  • rssesq wrote:
    I just got back from Ralph and Richie's for lunch. I work on Main street and its 2 blocks away. INCREDIBLE ITALIAN FOOD and this is coming from a local siciliano. Harding High Class of 89'

they have the best shrimp parm on this planet. Id put it up against any place in the world.
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Lots of love for Ralph and Rich's. We used to go there when I worked at the Downtown Cabaret.
    And there IS a Pepe's close to Habour Yard. They built one in Fairfield. It is 5 min away. Same awesomeness on crust.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away