Options

No wonder PJ gave up on the South...can even sell out the 10Club tix down there!!!!

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Way to step up Florida, SC, and VA :(
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    ok now I'm getting annoyed with all these competitive threads about how the south can't sell tickets. As if it has anything to do with the region. It's more demographics. I think it's safe to say the highest concentration of tenclub members/PJ fans are in the Northeast. Who the F*** cares? They also haven't played Seattle in a long time but I don't think it's because they can't sell tickets there.
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    ok now I'm getting annoyed with all these competitive threads about how the south can't sell tickets. As if it has anything to do with the region. It's more demographics. I think it's safe to say the highest concentration of tenclub members/PJ fans are in the Northeast. Who the F*** cares? They also haven't played Seattle in a long time but I don't think it's because they can't sell tickets there.

I'm guessing both you and I F*** care, because we took the time to post.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    fugawzi wrote:

I wonder how many more of these retarded threads will be started...

Wasn't aware that we were on race to see what state sells the most tickets the quickest! :rolleyes: and I agree with what you said, Who the F*** cares?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    ilovepjilovepj Posts: 48
    I wonder how many more of these retarded threads will be started...

Wasn't aware that we were on race to see what state sells the most tickets the quickest! :rolleyes: and I agree with what you said, Who the F*** cares?

AMEN!!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's spring time ahead...

2000: Memphis
    2003: Little Rock, Kansas City
    2006: Denver I & II, LA I & II
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford
    2010: Kansas City
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
    2012: Pensacola
    2013: Chicago
  • Options
    Who the F*** cares?

you do, thanks for posting!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I'm guessing both you and I F*** care, because we took the time to post.

I think is more about who cares? whether FL and VA have or not tickets available... or who cares if the NE sales quicker...
  • Options
    AMEN as well.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    If all the "southerners" wouldn't have caused such an uproar for the past few years, about playing the south it wouldn't be such a big deal. But with all these petitions, and bitching about how PJ doesn't like the south, and whatnot, it seems like they would have stepped it up when they actually had the chance, and they didn't.

The Seattle-area folks haven't complained anywhere near as much as the southerners have.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    And this bothers you that much?
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • Options
    If all the "southerners" wouldn't have caused such an uproar for the past few years, about playing the south it wouldn't be such a big deal. But with all these petitions, and bitching about how PJ doesn't like the south, and whatnot, it seems like they would have stepped it up when they actually had the chance, and they didn't.

The Seattle-area folks haven't complained anywhere near as much as the southerners have.

What uproar? The board uproar? I can guarantee you every single one that bitched on this board about no tour on the South bought a ticket yesterday.

Many of you seem to forget the the board is a tiny fraction of Pearl Jam fans out there. I'm in the South and travel when they don't come here rather than bitch but I didn't see no uproar about no shows on TV or the papers.. only on this board and the board is not indicative of the PJ fanbase in the South.

What I dont understand is why does it get under ya'lls skin that there are still tickets available, how does it affect you?
  • Options

so you're basically saying because the shows in the NE sell out faster then the shows in the South, that NE fans are better fans ?? That doesn't seem like a very fair judgment at all. You cant stereotype an entire group of fans because tickets aren't selling as fast in the south as they are in the northeast.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    you do, thanks for posting!

nobody cares indian...get over it
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    What uproar? The board uproar? I can guarantee you every single one that bitched on this board about no tour on the South bought a ticket yesterday.

Many of you seem to forget the the board is a tiny fraction of Pearl Jam fans out there. I'm in the South and travel when they don't come here rather than bitch but I didn't see no uproar about no shows on TV or the papers.. only on this board and the board is not indicative of the PJ fanbase in the South.

What I dont understand is why does it get under ya'lls skin that there are still tickets available, how does it affect you?

exactly.....
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options

It's kinda like people who don't vote, then bitch about the way the government is being run.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    nobody cares indian...get over it

You obviously do. This is the second time you've posted in this thread!
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    I think is more about who cares? whether FL and VA have or not tickets available... or who cares if the NE sales quicker...

The band cares. They aren't going to up and travel to play to half-empty arenas when the point in touring is to jam and make $ to support their families while doing so. It's win-win for them, but they need asses in the seats to do that. We deliver in Philly. They band threw the south a bone after the crying on this board and it's only been nibbled. Good showing.
    4.28.03 --- 7.9.03 --- 7.12.03 --- 10.1.04 --- 9.28.05 --- 10.3.05 --- 5.27.06 --- 5.28.06 --- 6.3.06 --- 6.19.08 --- 6.20.08 --- 6.24.08 --- 6.25.08

Wishlist of Unheard Live Songs
    1. All Those Yesterdays
    2. God's Dice
    3. I Got ID

PLAY THE SPECTRUM IN PHILADELPHIA!!!
  • Options
    You obviously do. This is the second time you've posted in this thread!

I post to give my opinion. And that opinion now is that this is a retarded thread and that nobody cares. Just my opinion though.
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    I post to give my opinion. And that opinion now is that this is a retarded thread and that nobody cares. Just my opinion though.

You are a walking, talking, posting contradiction......if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't take the time to post anything on this thread.....but what are we on now the third reply?
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    here you can count the 4th...I DON'T CARE and from the looks of most of the other replies, neither does anyone else. I'll let you get the last word since it's so important to you. Hopefully this thread will hurry up and die soon.
  • Options
    The band cares. They aren't going to up and travel to play to half-empty arenas when the point in touring is to jam and make $ to support their families while doing so. It's win-win for them, but they need asses in the seats to do that. We deliver in Philly. They band threw the south a bone after the crying on this board and it's only been nibbled. Good showing.

You in the band? So why do you care?
    If they dont sell what they need to make money here in this attempt they won't play here again .. what I dont get is why does it bother you NE people so much?
    You getting your show in Philly and NYC people are getting their shows in MSG.. unless you are the band's accountant I dont know what your problem with the south selling or not tickets is....
  • Options
    You in the band? So why do you care?
    If they dont sell what they need to make money here in this attempt they won't play here again .. what I dont get is why does it bother you NE people so much?
    You getting your show in Philly and NYC people are getting their shows in MSG.. unless you are the band's accountant I dont know what your problem with the south selling or not tickets is....

It's more shows they could be playing in Philly AND NYC that I'll be going to. That's just it. "MY" show in Philly isn't just my show and the NYC show isn't just "their" show. I'm going to both. Lots of NY folk are coming down here as well. Boston folks. That's quite a ride. You figure with how long that stupid Play the South petition was, those folks would be in man up mode when it comes time for the actual shows.

*I care about this topic*
    4.28.03 --- 7.9.03 --- 7.12.03 --- 10.1.04 --- 9.28.05 --- 10.3.05 --- 5.27.06 --- 5.28.06 --- 6.3.06 --- 6.19.08 --- 6.20.08 --- 6.24.08 --- 6.25.08

Wishlist of Unheard Live Songs
    1. All Those Yesterdays
    2. God's Dice
    3. I Got ID

PLAY THE SPECTRUM IN PHILADELPHIA!!!
  • Options
    man, you guys just can't be happy for people can you?
  • Options
    It's more shows they could be playing in Philly AND NYC that I'll be going to. That's just it. "MY" show in Philly isn't just my show and the NYC show isn't just "their" show. I'm going to both. Lots of NY folk are coming down here as well. Boston folks. That's quite a ride. You figure with how long that stupid Play the South petition was, those folks would be in man up mode when it comes time for the actual shows.

*I care about this topic*

You have any idea how long it is to drive outta Florida?
    just to get out of FL to the closest state of GA is like a 13 hour drive... just to get out of FL you cant possibly try to compare the commute of you people up there to people in Florida..

I always go to shows in NYC, this is the first year that I will miss them at the MSG and Camden, other than that every tour I've been up there, thought this time I'll be going into 6 months pregnant at that time which makes it difficult.
    But you cant generalize an entire region based on assumptions when you guys don't even live down here.... I would drive to SC if it wasnt like 15 hour drive.

So you are really bothered because the southerners are getting shows and taking up dates they could be playing up in the North? Give me a break!
  • Options
    fugawzi wrote:
    here you can count the 4th...I DON'T CARE and from the looks of most of the other replies, neither does anyone else. I'll let you get the last word since it's so important to you. Hopefully this thread will hurry up and die soon.

Not if you keep bumping it.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    You have any idea how long it is to drive outta Florida?
    just to get out of FL to the closest state of GA is like a 13 hour drive... just to get out of FL you cant possibly try to compare the commute of you people up there to people in Florida..

I always go to shows in NYC, this is the first year that I will miss them at the MSG and Camden, other than that every tour I've been up there, thought this time I'll be going into 6 months pregnant at that time which makes it difficult.
    But you cant generalize an entire region based on assumptions when you guys don't even live down here.... I would drive to SC if it wasnt like 15 hour drive.

So you are really bothered because the southerners are getting shows and taking up dates they could be playing up in the North? Give me a break!

Jesus, giving across SC takes so fucking long you forget where you're heading. That state is fucking fat left and right and up and down.
  • Options
    man, you guys just can't be happy for people can you?

it's sad but true because this is all it is... that guy spinmyworldtoblack just said it loud and clear that what bothers him and that FL, SC and VA are taking up dates they could be playing in the north so that he could go to 7 shows rather than just 3.... its sad that some PJ fans in the North can be so self centered and selfish...
  • Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    Hater!
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    it's sad but true because this is all it is... that guy spinmyworldtoblack just said it loud and clear that what bothers him and that FL, SC and VA are taking up dates they could be playing in the north so that he could go to 7 shows rather than just 3.... its sad that some PJ fans in the North can be so self centered and selfish...

I don't know what the fuck they want us to do. i bought my tickets. Two pairs in fact. We are limited to one pair each show so it's not like we can snatch a lot of them up for our family and friends who will be going, but aren't in the fan club. And seriously, stop bitching about the petition. I don't know what board settings you guys have on but whenever I get on here, it doesn't automatically open for me. If I want to read something, I have to open myself. You guys might want to change those settings. I'd be getting pissy too if I HAD to read threads I didn't want to. And do you guys seriously think that PJ would play the NE region two or three weeks straight? No. And for one good reason, it's bad for business.
  • Options

No sarcasm here, but I didnt realize this.
    I never got an email
    and honestly I have been going so digital with my music with no radio at all.
    I have been staying in and chilling from the winter.
    I decided to go out for chineese, so I had the radio on for 10 mins, amd matt cord in philly mentioned the 19th
    I ran in and it had been so long since my last time here I had to relog in, the only reason I still had my password was from when i was banned in sept 06, I just kept saving the email, so there was not much wait cause as you remember there was a time where your username was screwed up sometimes it can take a day.
    And not to mention my number lapsed like a few days, it renews on the 9th, and this was like the 21st and they let me slide.
    And here I am going to 7 shows, I havent listened to the radio since last thurs, and possibly would not have posted.

wow
    talk about fortune and misfortune

and the big hole in my savings.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Rose1963 wrote:
    Hater!

Luv it! summed it up in one word! :D
    I don't know what the fuck they want us to do. i bought my tickets. Two pairs in fact. We are limited to one pair each show so it's not like we can snatch a lot of them up for our family and friends who will be going, but aren't in the fan club. And seriously, stop bitching about the petition. I don't know what board settings you guys have on but whenever I get on here, it doesn't automatically open for me. If I want to read something, I have to open myself. You guys might want to change those settings. I'd be getting pissy too if I HAD to read threads I didn't want to. And do you guys seriously think that PJ would play the NE region two or three weeks straight? No. And for one good reason, it's bad for business.

200% agreed!