Options

No wonder PJ gave up on the South...can even sell out the 10Club tix down there!!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    I hear that! When I go up north the first question anyone asks me is "How many black kids do you have in your classes?" or "How many black people do you have in your neighborhood" or "How many times have you been victim of a crime commited by a black person?" Only they don't phrase the questions as politely as I did. Who are the backwards thinkers?

This actually happened to me at the Gorge. A girl from California bragging about how liberal and free Seattle and Vancouver was asked me, "eww don't you have a lot of black people in Birmingham?"
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    drew0 wrote:
    Yeah, I'm really sick of this whole "Well the NYC metro population is way bigger" argument. Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, & Cincy sold out in under an hour or two in '06.

"What the fuck do you guys want us to do? We CAN NOT buy more than one pair of tickets to each show"

We know that. It's just kind of funny that there was such an uproar because they don't play the South, because as they said there isn't a big enough market there. Then, they play the South and the 10C tickets aren't sold out a week later...where as the shows in the North all sold out in under an hour or so this year and in '06 (and as I pointed out above, so did our smaller cities that have less people around than Tampa and such).

think about what you just said there. name a city in the south comparable in size to those you just named where they scheduled a show. atlanta? nope. dallas or houston? no. charlotte? think about how big a circle you have to draw around virginia beach or columbia or even wpb to encompass as many people as you have within 100 miles of the nj and nyc shows

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    cashcash Posts: 55
    I dont know what the issue is here. Its not that PJ doesnt have South fans..what they dont have apparently is South fans who dish out $20 a year to be a member of a fanclub. Thats the problem. If Tenclub tickets were like Radiohead Waste tickets (open to all comers) then they would be sold out by now.

now go fuck yourself north.
  • Options
    paperpaper Posts: 10
    I live in Raleigh and I'm thrilled that PJ is playing the South. Florida IS the South, so is South Carolina. So is VA Beach.... for me it beats having to travel out West.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    dangerboy wrote:
    think about what you just said there. name a city in the south comparable in size to those you just named where they scheduled a show. atlanta? nope. dallas or houston? no. charlotte? think about how big a circle you have to draw around virginia beach or columbia or even wpb to encompass as many people as you have within 100 miles of the nj and nyc shows

And the Dallas/Ft. Worth area just moved into the #4 spot of the largest metro areas in the United States. Only New York, LA, and Chicago are larger.

And we haven't had a show in 5 YEARS!!!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    drew0 wrote:
    It's just kind of funny that there was such an uproar because they don't play the South, because as they said there isn't a big enough market there. Then, they play the South and the 10C tickets aren't sold out a week later...
    Um...

"Pearl Jam has announced a ten date East Coast tour..."

I'm pretty sure the "uproar" was for a Southern tour, not just a couple of Southern cities on the East Coast. I know when I said "Play the South" I didn't mean fucking Virginia (no offense to the Southern states that do get shows, I'm actually happy for you guys). That might as well be fucking NYC, I would still have to fly there.

It's like some of you Northeasterners have never seen a damn map in your life.
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    jwillmo wrote:
    Um...

"Pearl Jam has announced a ten date East Coast tour..."

I'm pretty sure the "uproar" was for a Southern tour, not just a couple of Southern cities on the East Coast. I know when I said "Play the South" I didn't mean fucking Virginia (no offense to the Southern states that do get shows, I'm actually happy for you guys). That might as well be fucking NYC, I would still have to fly there.

It's like some of you Northeasterners have never seen a damn map in your life.

lmao..well said. It's like they think we can all just hop on public transportation b/t Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Tampa, and Atlanta.

And Virginia is southern in history only..it is not the south. There's a difference.
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    Im just tired of all the complaining! Especially about the tix prices

if they havent played the s in a few years, everyone shd have had plenty of time to save up the extra couple of bucks!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    drew0 wrote:
    Yeah, I'm really sick of this whole "Well the NYC metro population is way bigger" argument. Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, & Cincy sold out in under an hour or two in '06.

First, I bought tickets for the '06 Cinci show when it became painfully evident that the South wasn't going to get a date. Now, I'm from Atlanta and I know a shitload of other people from Atlanta who ended up going to Cinci so don't make it sound like Cinci sold out out on local population alone b/c that's bullshit.
    drew0 wrote:
    We know that. It's just kind of funny that there was such an uproar because they don't play the South, because as they said there isn't a big enough market there. Then, they play the South and the 10C tickets aren't sold out a week later...where as the shows in the North all sold out in under an hour or so this year and in '06 (and as I pointed out above, so did our smaller cities that have less people around than Tampa and such).

To counter this, when PJ have consistently played such epic shows up north (and I do not begrudge this fact) more people are going to be interested in going to MSG or Boston to see them than say a Columbia where they have no history of playing. I know plenty of people around here who are traveling to NYC and Mansfield and forgoing the Southern dates. That's just what happens.

What frustrates me is that some of these people who are bitching and moaning about the South not selling out yet will be more than happy to pick up tickets for the Southern dates after they've been shut out of shows in NYC and possibly the Mansfield show.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    macgyver06macgyver06 Posts: 2,505
    Way to step up Florida, SC, and VA :(

man you sound like a loser
  • Options
    Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    brainofjb wrote:
    Im just tired of all the complaining! Especially about the tix prices

if they havent played the s in a few years, everyone shd have had plenty of time to save up the extra couple of bucks!

What she said!!!!