Options

No wonder PJ gave up on the South...can even sell out the 10Club tix down there!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    dont all you people just hate when SPEEDY is right????

hehehehehe......

congrats to everyone who got tickets....

so you really not going to any?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    so you really not going to any?
    start spreading the news..............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    fugawzifugawzi Posts: 874
    oh god, not this fuckin' thread again, WHEN will it just DIE?!?!?
    West Palm 2000 I & II/West Palm '03/Tampa '03/Kissimmee '04/Vic Theater '07/West Palm '08/Tampa '08/NYC MSG I & II '08/Philly Spectrum III & IV '09/Cleveland '10/Bristow '10/PJ20 I & II 2011/Pensacola '12/Pittsburgh '13/Denver '14
  • Options
    I'm not looking to bash any of our fellow jammers from the south, but I am actually really surprised that Ten Club tickets are still available for the FL, SC, and VA shows.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I think that they add more shows and play more shows up North because
    they sell more albums here
    plus... if they sell out tix through the fan club quickly, that most likely means there are more fan club members in this area or that are more likely to travel to this area. That is actually a good thing, they make sure everyone gets to a show
    I remember MSG selling out just on fan club alone. That doesnt cover enough people for just one show.
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Solat13 wrote:
    It gets even crazier when you factor in suburbs.

Metro NYC population is 18 million
    Metro Philly is 5.8 mil
    Metro Boston is 4.5 mil
    Metro DC is 5.2 mil

Pittsburgh 10C sold out within a couple hours. So did Cleveland, I believe. (Both in 2006).

Both are smaller than the Tampa area...even more so when you factor in suburbs and cities around it (Pittsburgh is next to....farmlands and a 5 hour Philly/Cleveland drive)
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Well it's kinda easy to understand from my angle having lived in both areas. PJ tickets are so hard to get here, and the southerners have been making waves for years on the board about getting shows. Then they get shows and dont even sell out the pre-sale.

For me an added thing is that the south actually hasnt ever gotten over the civil war. It's an accepted fact. That and the religous right used the south and it's new large population to dominate politics since 94. There is a natural animosity there. That's how I see it anyways.

Ok, well if all the regular people on the board from the South got their tickets what do you people care? And I see no hatred coming from people in the south, it seems to be coming from people up north and it is so ignorant. It makes no sense. So who is the one that isn't over the Civil War? I never hear anyone talk bad about the North but people talk bad about the South constantly on here. Give it up with the sterotypes and grow up people.
    Pearl Jam is touring! I would love to see PJ in NYC and I'm happy for every person that is going to those shows. You know they will kick ass. How come people give a shit if the 10C tickets sold out or not in Florida. The people on the board got their tickets. We have gotten the show we waited so long for and we are happy and thankful. Why can't you feel the same way?
    And as far as politics go then you must hate the midwest too because I'm guessing you have conveniently forgotten they all voted republican too.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    They are all going to a Toby Keith show that night !
  • Options
    Fucj the South!!! They will not rise again. They complain and complain and complain that PJ doesnt tour there. Now that they are, The dunb, broke whatever they are people dont even go to the show. WTF!!!! NYC sells out in 45 minutes and they are playing the same amount of shows in NYC as Florida. Please SOUTHENERS, never again complain or ask for shows in your NECK of the woods. Leave that for real fans who use the tickets.
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Charlotte 03 was better than any show I've seen up north, including MSG 03 and The Spectrum show, and Camden 06 sucked
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    its because y'all yankees figured out PDT and all us good ole boys are still trying to figger it out...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Options
    Fucj the South!!! They will not rise again. They complain and complain and complain that PJ doesnt tour there. Now that they are, The dunb, broke whatever they are people dont even go to the show. WTF!!!! NYC sells out in 45 minutes and they are playing the same amount of shows in NYC as Florida. Please SOUTHENERS, never again complain or ask for shows in your NECK of the woods. Leave that for real fans who use the tickets.

Fucj you dude. Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound. So there are more PJ fans in NY...who gives a fucj! All of us on here got our tickets so why do you give a fucj. You sound so fucjing dunb.

Nice spelling by the way.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120

whats the population of NYC compared to.....oh I don't know.... Columbia SC dumbfuck? MSG shows are gonna have people from all over the world also, you can't compare any south show to NYC. I live in the south and I've seen 26 shows in 2 different countries. are you saying that because you live up north you are more loyal to the band?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options

Hey, why don't you mind you own business when it comes to this shit. It doesn't matter how many tickets the south sells, PJ will not play two or three straight weeks in the NE area. That would be horrible for their business and if you want to see some shit like that, fly your ass out to vegas and catch the wayne newton show that comes on at 5:30 every night right after the buffet closes. And about the complaining....it's a damn thread. Big fucking deal. And I'll ask for how many shows I fucking want. Because I'm a PJ fan too, regardless of what you believe.
  • Options
    Fucj you dude. Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound. So there are more PJ fans in NY...who gives a fucj! All of us on here got our tickets so why do you give a fucj. You sound so fucjing dunb.

Nice spelling by the way.
    Well sometimes the mind works faster than the fingers. Ignorant?? I sound ignorant because you phuckers complain and then dont show. Seems like you are all talk and no go. Maybe we Northeners will have to come down and buy the tickets to save some face for you guys. Oh yeah, you can find me at Both MSG shows if you make it up here.
    Tell the Captain the boats not safe were drowning, turns out he's the one making waves.

9/29/96~9/10/98~9/11/98~8/24/00~8/25/00~4/30/03~7/08/03~7/09/03~9/15/05~9/16/05~10/1/05~5/5/06~5/12/06~5/13/06~5/27/06~5/28/06~6/1/06~6/3/06~6~19/08~6/24/08~6/25/08~6/27/08~8/5/08~10/30/09~10/31/09~5/20/10~5/21/10
  • Options
    Well sometimes the mind works faster than the fingers. Ignorant?? I sound ignorant because you phuckers complain and then dont show. Seems like you are all talk and no go. Maybe we Northeners will have to come down and buy the tickets to save some face for you guys. Oh yeah, you can find me at Both MSG shows if you make it up here.

You make no sense. Every poster on that thread you hate got tickets. What the phuck else do you want or expect??

I would love to see PJ at MSG..I was planning on going but I couldn't get my wife to agree it was worth spending that money. She isn't a PJ fan..and i don't get that.

Anyway, if i did make it up there I wish I could have found you at MSG...I'll buy any PJ fan a beer. That's just the way people from the South are...there might not be as many PJ fans down here but we are always hospitable no matter where we go.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    I'm not trying to be a dick to the people from the south but I see why PJ do not tour down there. The fan club tickets sell out really fast everywhere! I'm in Ohio, which I don't think is as nice as many places in the south, and in 06 I barely got ten club tickets to Cincy and Cleveland. The economy is especially bad in Ohio. The fact is PJ just doesn't have a massive audience in the south which sucks but is the truth. The south even has the better opening act.
  • Options
    Crazy Mark wrote:
    I'm not trying to be a dick to the people from the south but I see why PJ do not tour down there. The fan club tickets sell out really fast everywhere! I'm in Ohio, which I don't think is as nice as many places in the south, and in 06 I barely got ten club tickets to Cincy and Cleveland. The economy is especially bad in Ohio. The fact is PJ just doesn't have a massive audience in the south which sucks but is the truth. The south even has the better opening act.

You are right it does suck that there aren't as many PJ fans in the South, but that is reality. I just dont get this feeling of hatred from people because the 10C tickets didn't sell out. The 10C members on here got their tickets!
    These shows will sell fine once they go on sale to the public and will be some great shows!

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    I hope for the SOuths sake next time that the general public sell out the shows. Would be BAD news for next time if not.

• Options
    What the fuck do you guys want us to do? We CAN NOT buy more than one pair of tickets to each show. We would if we could but we can not. We don't need you guys reminding us that this isn't the most popular place for PJ to be and that it's probably going to be a long, long time before we see them again. You fucking guys are bitching to the wrong fucking crowd. We bought our fucking tickets. You guys going to travel down here if you get shut out to one of your shows?
  • Options
    I hope for the SOuths sake next time that the general public sell out the shows. Would be BAD news for next time if not.

I agree and if that does happen then I will know I have to travel to see them next tour.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options

Next time what? Next tour? Because these tickets haven't even gone on sale to the GP so there's no telling how many are going to move.
  • Options
    Hell I would like to travel and hit some south dates myself but they are during the week. I don't think it looks very good. How are these shows going to sell out during the week if the ten club tickets are not even selling out. Don't think it is just this band or the south. If it is not the right band in the right area it is not selling out anymore. Ticket prices are up and the economy sucks. Even a three hour drive to see a show isn't cheap anymore. People are not just going to shows on a whim. It is not the 90's anymore.
  • Options
    Crazy Mark wrote:
    Hell I would like to travel and hit some south dates myself but they are during the week. I don't think it looks very good. How are these shows going to sell out during the week if the ten club tickets are not even selling out. Don't think it is just this band or the south. If it is not the right band in the right area it is not selling out anymore. Ticket prices are up and the economy sucks. Even a three hour drive to see a show isn't cheap anymore. People are not just going to shows on a whim. It is not the 90's anymore.

We know it looks bad. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that these last few shows are going to be their last opportunity to see the band this far south for a long time. I'd love to travel up north every tour but I don't have the funds. It sucks. But there's nothing we can do about it except go to the shows we got and enjoy them.
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    jsk175 wrote:
    Im actually ashamed to call myself a Yankee right now. Hang in there Southern folkes, you'll get yours. We all know the south is where its at anyway. Unless you like rude fat people, grey skies, old buildings, traffic, and pot holes.

Tell it brother!! I am a son of the south and proud of it....I try and always be courteous and will remain so although most of this thread pisses me off (Yankees and Rebels alike)...Mostly because it's just STUPID!! I bought my pair of tix for Columbia and VA Beach...I am happy with my purchase.

Reading the threads about the MSG fiasco, I am sad for my 10 C Bros and Sisters who got shut out. That has nothing to do with where anybody lives. Its supply and demand.

Lastly, I would think that the only way to have even an inkling of some of the dynamics of why this year's Southern shows sold slowly would be to analyze the data on "What 10C members from WHERE" bought tickets for these shows; also a view of the data showing 10C members by states,etc. We are never going to know this and it just doesnt matter....

So, if you got 10C tix, go to the show (where EVER it is at), have a great time and be happy. If you got shut out, sorry, try TicketWhore or LiveNation and hope for the best!!
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    iisee wrote:
    Tell it brother!! I am a son of the south and proud of it....I try and always be courteous and will remain so although most of this thread pisses me off (Yankees and Rebels alike)...Mostly because it's just STUPID!! I bought my pair of tix for Columbia and VA Beach...I am happy with my purchase.

Reading the threads about the MSG fiasco, I am sad for my 10 C Bros and Sisters who got shut out. That has nothing to do with where anybody lives. Its supply and demand.

Lastly, I would think that the only way to have even an inkling of some of the dynamics of why this year's Southern shows sold slowly would be to analyze the data on "What 10C members from WHERE" bought tickets for these shows; also a view of the data showing 10C members by states,etc. We are never going to know this and it just doesnt matter....

So, if you got 10C tix, go to the show (where EVER it is at), have a great time and be happy. If you got shut out, sorry, try TicketWhore or LiveNation and hope for the best!!

Good post. I can feel the negative vibes of this thread melting away.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    it's funny i've never had a conversation with a northerner where I was the one that brought up the civil war....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    it's funny i've never had a conversation with a northerner where I was the one that brought up the civil war....

I hear that! When I go up north the first question anyone asks me is "How many black kids do you have in your classes?" or "How many black people do you have in your neighborhood" or "How many times have you been victim of a crime commited by a black person?" Only they don't phrase the questions as politely as I did. Who are the backwards thinkers?
    I like bands.
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Crazy Mark wrote:

Yeah, I'm really sick of this whole "Well the NYC metro population is way bigger" argument. Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, & Cincy sold out in under an hour or two in '06.

"What the fuck do you guys want us to do? We CAN NOT buy more than one pair of tickets to each show"

We know that. It's just kind of funny that there was such an uproar because they don't play the South, because as they said there isn't a big enough market there. Then, they play the South and the 10C tickets aren't sold out a week later...where as the shows in the North all sold out in under an hour or so this year and in '06 (and as I pointed out above, so did our smaller cities that have less people around than Tampa and such).
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    You guys going to travel down here if you get shut out to one of your shows?

That's the hilarious part of this...

one minute they're complaining b/c of out-of-towners getting the locals' tickets then the next they're complaining that we aren't buying all the tickets (even though we all have tickets)...

I can't figure out why they don't get on a plane and come to shows that aren't "local".

I've been to Boston, Toronto, and the Gorge. So I've been a part of the northern shows selling out. This logic is completely missed by them.