Options

Los Angeles Pre-Parties & Fundraisers!

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Not to be a dork, but I love when stuff like this happens.. you meet someone cool, like Molly.. then they post and you see them at other shows.. more family reunion stuff :)
    thats EXXXACTLY what pixxx and i were talking about last night. I didnt get tickets but its more about being there with everyone BECUZ of things like this!!! Reunions Pearl Jam style. :)
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    SENROCK! wrote:
    how are the tickets? do they have seat numbers???? AT THE WILTERN?????

I'm still baffled about seating at the WILTERN. I mean, if they say it's all seating then of course, I believe what they say. Just seems strange. Not sure how they can do that.............but I'm sure it can be done. Ok, I'll shut up now.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    I'm still baffled about seating at the WILTERN. I mean, if they say it's all seating then of course, I believe what they say. Just seems strange. Not sure how they can do that.............but I'm sure it can be done. Ok, I'll shut up now.

its VERY strange. Im trying to picture seats where we normally stand and its odd. Maybe only the BALCONY is seating and TICKETBASTARD has the FLOOR GA TICKETS!!! :eek:

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    SENROCK! wrote:
    its VERY strange. Im trying to picture seats where we normally stand and its odd. Maybe only the BALCONY is seating and TICKETBASTARD has the FLOOR GA TICKETS!!! :eek:

they had seats there in 2002 when Ed did the Artist Rights benefit show....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options

exxxactly. That was a LIFETIME ago!!!! :eek: whatever, its all good! Lets have some fun!!!

• Options

Seats (on the floor level) were all ripped out in 2004 I think. It's been a GA kinda place since then. At most of the shows I've been to there since then, even the seats up in the Balcony are GA. The ground level floor is not flat, I'm not sure that they can put seating down there. I'm sure we'll hear soon........

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    did anyone successfully contact opus?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    i'll be at the santa barbara show and the 1st night for LA. is the wilshire plaza hotel okay or is it a dump?
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    McJuicy wrote:

Strangely, they have a phone number but it does not accepting incoming calls. Instate or otherwise. :confused: And Frank n Yank only holds 50 people.

So we're back to square one. But Pixie & SEN are going to do some bar reconnaissance sometime soon?
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Strangely, they have a phone number but it does not accepting incoming calls. Instate or otherwise. :confused: And Frank n Yank only holds 50 people.

So we're back to square one. But Pixie & SEN are going to do some bar reconnaissance sometime soon?

Yep, Sen and I are going to scope it all out!!

• Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    McJuicy wrote:

Just got an answer...

(213) 738-1600 - 3760 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
    http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=29515364&stx=opus&csz=Los+Angeles+CA&ed=YBXf2a160SzPw.IM7DUA20tdUT2ALcjWelZpup_.cNj5_cg26OqMMjXBMcEMKMJSgmyBFZ7prCsV

Foxy... hook it up....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    what did opus have to say?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    This thread is depressing.

Any of you rocking, cool going to LA people have an extra for me??

I'll be trying for TM tix...but this is just bumming me out.

And I'm freezing. It's 36 in NY. Need some SoCal sun!!!

.....And I got a babysitter so I could try to get the 10C tix and got nada, nada, nada. :(

Bah.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Awesome demetrios! Where are you from? You will have the best experience ever once you meet all these crazies.. we are all warm and fuzzy and it's like a big family reunion! :D

And we'll do the party both Saturday & Sunday, so if ya miss one, you can catch the other.

Sweet! :) I'm coming from Halifax, Nova Scotia. I have relatives in Glendale. I won't be able to make the Sunday show. No tickets & won't be able to get a chance to purchase this Friday via Ticketmaster. Can't miss another day from work till vacation time. First it's Santa Barbara on Thursday (which is like 1h30mins from the house), then LA 1 on Saturday. I can't wait for this. :D
  • Options

ohhhhhhhhhh THAT place. i never noticed it cuz im always at the very front of the line to get into the wiltern! :D

• Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Man I wish I could go to this .........the one at Lolla was a ton of fun.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    hey all,

Hope to see you there. Anyone from out of town, or anyone for that matter. If you want some delicious food check out some Korean BBQ. It is my favorite food on the face of the planet.

Order some Galbee, or Sum Gyap Sai.

The best place I know is Cho San Galbee
    3330 W. Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90019

It is about $30.00 per person without beer or wine so plan ahead for the ole budget.

Nate
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    I need 2 tix for Sat., any help would be much obliged!

Thanks,

BlkFlg
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    hey all,

Hope to see you there. Anyone from out of town, or anyone for that matter. If you want some delicious food check out some Korean BBQ. It is my favorite food on the face of the planet.

Order some Galbee, or Sum Gyap Sai.

The best place I know is Cho San Galbee
    3330 W. Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90019

It is about $30.00 per person without beer or wine so plan ahead for the ole budget.

Nate

Korean BBQ sucks.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    jblagg wrote:
    Korean BBQ sucks.

waiting for Sen to chime in and agree with this with her *puke* noises!

btw.......I'll eat anything :D

• Options
    jblagg wrote:
    Korean BBQ sucks.
    *high fives jblagg in between pukes*
    :D

• Options

The place is right next door to the Wiltern Theatre. Sweet! :)
  • Options
    you can put me +1 down on the list for Sat. night for sure, got tix to both LA shows, coming from Dallas...cant wait
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    The place is right next door to the Wiltern Theatre. Sweet! :)

It's a shame you can't be there for the second show.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813

Seriously, I can not get anyone to answer the phone there... :confused:
    you can put me +1 down on the list for Sat. night for sure, got tix to both LA shows, coming from Dallas...cant wait

Added!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    It's a shame you can't be there for the second show.

it's ok. 2 out of 3 show's that i wanted to catch came through. my first trip to the usa; history begins in california. :) didn't get the chance on getting the tickets from 10club for la2, and no way i can get tickets through ticketmaster this friday. can't miss another day of work. working extra hours & day's on the weekend. plans for santa barbara & la 1 is all in great shape. i'll be leaving cali the day after la 2 (monday) after lunch, flying to calgary first, then straight to halifax. there will be a family get together thing the night before the leave. i'm sorry guy's. wish i could go 2 nights back to back. there's alway's next time. :)
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Seriously, I can not get anyone to answer the phone there... :confused:
    i dont know about that place. its PERFECT for location but i think it may be too....."conservative" for our kind of pre-party/fundraiser. If u guys can hang on, me and pixxx will def find a place this weekend. AND im gonna go to ramada and get "real" pictures for everyone. :D

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    btw.......I'll eat anything :D

ANYthing????
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    jblagg wrote:
    Korean BBQ sucks.

Too bad buddy. If you're staying at my house It's Korean BBQ before one of the two shows. I'll order you some Soju and and a plate of rice.
  • Options
    Plus that gets the wife involved. I figure she can go in early with us and then I'll less stress leaving her home with the two kids for the entire weekend.... But I could do some Sushi If you forced me.