Options

Pearl Jam - Robin Hood 7/1/08

2»

Comments

• Options
    can you source your source on the robin hood board?

no - i know them well. they have no incentive to midlead. i belive it, we'll see.
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Bump, in case anyone was looking for it in relation to the other NYC thread.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    nycslacker wrote:
    Awesome news! The Robin Hood Foundation is a terrific organization that helps fight poverty in NYC. Moreover, 100% of donations go to actual programs whereas in most charities, donations have to help fund the administrative costs of the organization.

Kudos for Pearl Jam for supporting Robin Hood. This is one show where I won't mind the high ticket prices!

yes but they should allow you to donate less than $100 bucks a clip
  • Options
    OTOTOOTOTO New York, NY Posts: 190
    I will find out more. My gf's CEO is on the Robin Hood board.I have been teh past few years, and they always hire big name acts for teh charity. To anyone thinking about getting in. . impossible. It's an invite only blck-tie party at the Javits Center. I only get to go b/c of her. I'm the poorest guy in the room everytime. Awesome!
    "You Can't be Neutral on a Moving Train"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    hsh wrote:
    I will find out more. My gf's CEO is on the Robin Hood board.I have been teh past few years, and they always hire big name acts for teh charity. To anyone thinking about getting in. . impossible. It's an invite only blck-tie party at the Javits Center. I only get to go b/c of her. I'm the poorest guy in the room everytime. Awesome!

no offense but this won't be the black tie affair ,it will be a/some concerts ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    No offense taken. I personally hope its not the black-tie affair. I'd feel like a real putz watching PJ in a tux. As long as they do a regular NYC area show, I will be happy.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    hsh wrote:
    No offense taken. I personally hope its not the black-tie affair. I'd feel like a real putz watching PJ in a tux. As long as they do a regular NYC area show, I will be happy.

cool now go and find out any info you can from the GF he he he ;)...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    LukinFan wrote:
    Don't forget the tour of the South :)

the only show people get in the south is going to be bonnaroo...

better get your tickets.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    I heard confirmation that pearl jam will be playing a charity for Robin Hood (http://www.robinhood.org), a great charity for nyc's poor. Maroon 5 is playing tonight at the Nokia Theater...PJ is scheduled for July 1st...not sure of the venue, but it will be in new york city.

are you related to evil beaver?? ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    cool now go and find out any info you can from the GF he he he ;)...

Will do. I'm on it! The Stones did a private show for Robin Hood at RAdio City a couple years ago, and the prices were ridiculous.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    hsh wrote:
    Will do. I'm on it! The Stones did a private show for Robin Hood at RAdio City a couple years ago, and the prices were ridiculous.
    their prices are ridiculous for regular shows to start with.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,813
    I ♥ NY

I'll be there :)
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    If this happens I'll be there. For the cheapest tickets, but only cause I'm an unemployed college student.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    yosi wrote:
    If this happens I'll be there. For the cheapest tickets, but only cause I'm an unemployed college student.

MSG anyone?

Damn.. NY is expensive as it is... I'll be hitchhiking to there from Seatown
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    MSG anyone?

Damn.. NY is expensive as it is... I'll be hitchhiking to there from Seatown

If you come in to NYC for a show and need a place to stay, you're definitely welcome.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    yosi wrote:
    If you come in to NYC for a show and need a place to stay, you're definitely welcome.

You just dug that one up for you! :):) Toda Achi!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    You just dug that one up for you! :):) Toda Achi!

Aloh davar. Hey, and if I keep screwing up missing you in Israel, the least I can do is return the favor in NYC.
  • Options
    and there it is.
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    and there it is.

thanx i couldnt find it lol

CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    I heard confirmation that pearl jam will be playing a charity for Robin Hood (http://www.robinhood.org), a great charity for nyc's poor. Maroon 5 is playing tonight at the Nokia Theater...PJ is scheduled for July 1st...not sure of the venue, but it will be in new york city.

funny, i completely missed this thread back in january! around that time a west-coast boardie friend had told me the same info, but to keep it quiet, which i did. so much so that once the tour got announced, MSG, etc..i totally forgot about it until reading about it here again today. :p haha.

just yet another reason to LOVE this band! sure, most of us won't get to be a part of it, but that's not even the point! it is just GREAt to see pearl jam GIVE...and they are so generous, and it's wonderful to see them support international, national and local charities. well done pj, kudos....and here's to a kick-ass show to the lucky supporters who get such a show and raise a LOT of $$$ for robinhood foundation!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    pulaskipulaski Posts: 259
    boy did this guy nail it back in JAN...nice thread.....kudos!!!
  • Options
    hope you guys have tickets...now for the setlist...come on eddie, this would be sweet for this crowd....

release
    of the girl
    immortality
    come back
    long road
    present tense
    courdoroy
    i got id
    hail hail
    given to fly
    porch
    alive