Options

Detroit and windsor area meet up???

13»

Comments

• Options
    Will the bar let us play a boot maybe? if so what to bring?
  • Options
    Bump for us Detroit fans who deserve a night out after enduring yet another winter storm!
  • Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    daughter68 wrote:
    Bump for us Detroit fans who deserve a night out after enduring yet another winter storm!

For real! I'm so freakin sick of the snow! I have given up on shoveling my driveway. I bet my neighbours hate me!
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    I get off at 8 so I will head down there after that.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Will the bar let us play a boot maybe? if so what to bring?

Not sure give them a call and see what they say. Also let them know we are coming down.
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Can't wait to meet all you great fans! Here's to us cold-weather snowy forever fans!!

See you Saturday!
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    bump

• Options
    i will def be there!

btw how old do u hafta be?

edit: nm, something came up... hope u all have funw ithout me!!
  • Options
    BinGnarlyBinGnarly Posts: 508
    PJbauer88 wrote:
    im interested. i go to msu though so depending on when this goes down i might not make it

I live on MAC right on campus. If you wanted to car pool that would be fun.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    whitepants wrote:
    I'm also coming from Ann Arbor.

Don't let my inability to participate on March 8th cancel any plans. I'll just make the next rendezvous, but the more time I have to plan (at least a month), the better the option for me to attend.

But let me toss this idea out. If any of you want to come up to A2 on -

April 5th - that's Hash Bash day.

http://www.freedomactivist.net/hashbash.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_Bash

Just a thought... ;)
    i'll be in santa cruz seeing eddie on the hash bash date.

but I can make the Saturday gig at the Woodward Avenue Brewery. see you all there!

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    i'll be in santa cruz seeing eddie on the hash bash date.

but I can make the Saturday gig at the Woodward Avenue Brewery. see you all there!

ds

We were wondering if you'd be able to make it Liam! See you on Saturday! I've only been to WAB once, should we make reservations?
  • Options
    It's about time Liam. We were getting worried....I should be there a little before 8pm. Hopefully we'll get a nice area cornered off.

• Options
    Hey everyone, I just called the Woodward Avenue Brewery and made reservations (under "Patti" ) for 10-15 people at 8:00
  • Options
    Thanks Patti great idea. Someone was asking about us bringing some boots to play you didn't happen to ask about that did you? Anyway this looks like it is really starting to shape up. How many commitments do we have as of now? I know I am in for sure. I am start a list so we know whos all in. Ill try to put it on the initial post. If you could pm me and let me know if your in for sure. Thanks!
  • Options
    We can ask them there since i'm sure with the people coming we could scrounge up about 100 bootlegs just in our cars alone.

• Options
    If theres another meet up before december 2nd 2008 I vote we do it in Canada so everyone can relax and enjoy some beers. We arnt all 21 here. But I dont know if ill be able to make it or not. Saturday. I guess I'll maybe see everyone there?
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

• Options
    BinGnarly wrote:
    If theres another meet up before december 2nd 2008 I vote we do it in Canada so everyone can relax and enjoy some beers. We arnt all 21 here. But I dont know if ill be able to make it or not. Saturday. I guess I'll maybe see everyone there?

Right on I hear you. I would love to do something over there. If we could get some ideas from the fans in the Land of the Leaf that would be great. Like I said before I would love to do something every month or every other month. I think it would be cool to do it on both sides of the border. Thats a unique thing we have here we can do that. I know there are a bunch of great fans in this area and i look forward to meeting you.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    bump
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    ill give this a bump. Looks like there is a chance ill be in the detroit area tomorrow visiting family. So I might just be making an apearence.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

• Options
    BinGnarly wrote:
    ill give this a bump. Looks like there is a chance ill be in the detroit area tomorrow visiting family. So I might just be making an apearence.

Great...hope to see you there!
  • Options
    If nothing unexpected happens, I should be there.

I hear we are not getting that snow storm that we were promised. I'm so glad!
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    smellrosesmellrose Detroit Posts: 72
    I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it... I came down with a cold the end of the week and it's still kicking my ass. I made it all winter without getting sick... figures. It sucks because y'all be in my backyard!

Hope you guys have a great time and I'll have to try for next time.

:)
  • Options
    I'm not gonna be able to make it either. Ended up going out to the pub last night and getting tanked. Feeling really hungover and shitty today.

Hope everyone has a great time and I'll do my best to make the next one.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    I'm not gonna be able to make it either. Ended up going out to the pub last night and getting tanked. Feeling really hungover and shitty today.

Hope everyone has a great time and I'll do my best to make the next one.
    Ha! I did the same thing...ugh. Was supposed to go out and see U23D...and that was it...fast forward to 1:30AM...and I'm still out with friends at Cheli's in Dearborn...ugh. I didn't make it home until 3:00AM...I'm not gonna make it tonight. Sorry Nick, Tom, Patti, Jim, everyone...I'll plan better next time.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Thanks all! I had a great time last night!! We should definitely do this regularly.

See you guys in LA 1 pre-party ;)

Lesbelges (Ludo)
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    so i showed up expecting it to be ovious that there would be liek a gorup of pj fans or seomthing.... wtf was everyone??? i felt so bad getting a tabel by myself that i just ended up leaving

nex time we need to organize beter please.
  • Options
    Oh that sucks! I arrived late and almost introduced myself to the wrong table. But then I started walking around and was spotted by someone already at the table.

We were talking about doing a monthly or bimonthly thing. We will try to be more organized next time! And we will wear PJ shirts maybe, cause no one had a PJ shirt! And maybe we will pass around the organizer's phone number too.
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    I apologize for not making it :( My wife and daughter were under the weather so I decided to not think of myself first :) Anyways I hope attendees had a good time and hopefully there'll be another one soon.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.