Detroit and windsor area meet up???

Comments

• Options
    bump
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    March 8th will work after 8:30pm. I'll be where ever you guys decide........
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    bumpity bump
  • Options
    bump

• Options
    Did we decide on a bar yet?

• Options
    gvn2fly21 wrote:
    Did we decide on a bar yet?

No, but we need to....we also haven't heard from Nixon or Darkstar.
  • Options
    Can't make it March 8... we need to schedule this further in advance for people who work on Saturdays so that they can request that day off. But if March 8th works for everyone else, go for it and have fun. :)
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I work on Saturday's but I get out around 8pm. I am out by the Palace so it might take me a lil bit but its right down 75. I sorta agree with whitepants we should schedule it a lil bit out so people can schedule accordingly. I have nothing against doing something maybe once a month as well if anyone else likes that idea. We can change the venues up a lil bit maybe one month in the states and one in the land of the leaf? I don't know just throwing that out there as well. Has Darkstar said anything on this yet? What Bar are we thinking and is Ferndale or Royal Oak cool for our Canadian friends as well?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    I'm also coming from Ann Arbor.

Don't let my inability to participate on March 8th cancel any plans. I'll just make the next rendezvous, but the more time I have to plan (at least a month), the better the option for me to attend.

But let me toss this idea out. If any of you want to come up to A2 on -

April 5th - that's Hash Bash day.

http://www.freedomactivist.net/hashbash.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_Bash

Just a thought... ;)
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    How about those that can make it on the 8th plan on attending and in the meantime let's plan a date in the future that will give people ample notice.
    How does the Woodward Avenue Brewery in Ferndale around 7:30-8:30 sound?
    The next time we meet we can switch it up so it's closer for those who had to drive farther.....what does everyone think?
  • Options
    daughter68 wrote:
    How about those that can make it on the 12th plan on attending and in the meantime let's plan a date in the future that will give people ample notice.
    How does the Woodward Avenue Brewery in Ferndale around 7:30-8:30 sound?
    The next time we meet we can switch it up so it's closer for those who had to drive farther.....what does everyone think?

Do you mean the 8th? Woodward Ave Brewery is cool with me. We should see if we can get a PJ tribute band to come in maybe for a future gathering. What do you all think about that?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • Options
    Do you mean the 8th? Woodward Ave Brewery is cool with me. We should see if we can get a PJ tribute band to come in maybe for a future gathering. What do you all think about that?
    Oh sorry, I did mean the 8th....who's in?
  • Options
    saturday the 8th at woodward ave brewery in ferndale sounds great, i'm in for sure.

what time is everyone thinking? 8 or so?
  • Options
    What time
  • Options
    saturday the 8th at woodward ave brewery in ferndale sounds great, i'm in for sure.

what time is everyone thinking? 8 or so?

I was thinking 8:00 as well; is everyone still planning on attending?
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    That works for me! Also I'm in for the monthly gathering also. And a Pearl Jam tribute band would be icing on the cake!!

• Options
    OK I can make it but not til 9pm or so. My question is will I be the only "old" person there (45)? Not that I feel old but if you all are 25 or so I might feel a little out of place :) Also how will I recognize the group, everyone wearing PJ apparel? I know Whitepants but she can't make it and if Darkstar doesn't go I'll be a newbie! :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    OK I can make it but not til 9pm or so. My question is will I be the only "old" person there (45)? Not that I feel old but if you all are 25 or so I might feel a little out of place :) Also how will I recognize the group, everyone wearing PJ apparel? I know Whitepants but she can't make it and if Darkstar doesn't go I'll be a newbie! :)

No you won't be...my husband and I are approaching 40 and are getting ready to send our daughter to college next year! I will probably wear a PJ shirt....a couple of us met to see Into the Wild and we kind of ran into that problem. I've only met Liam (Darkstar), Nixon, and Tom (Given2fly) but am looking forward to meet everyone!
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:

I'm only 21 but I'm still down to go...we're all fans of the greatest band on earth, remember? :)

The only other time I've done something like this was the CCFA pre-party for the Detroit show in 2006 where I met Nixon, Foxy and a few others. It was a lot of fun.

The only thing is I'm in Grand Blanc so the drive to Ferndale is a little far; it won't stop me from coming but I might have to leave a bit earlier than everyone else.
  • Options
    I'm only 21 but I'm still down to go...we're all fans of the greatest band on earth, remember? :)

The only other time I've done something like this was the CCFA pre-party for the Detroit show in 2006 where I met Nixon, Foxy and a few others. It was a lot of fun.

The only thing is I'm in Grand Blanc so the drive to Ferndale is a little far; it won't stop me from coming but I might have to leave a bit earlier than everyone else.

After I responded I was thinking that now the younger people won't want to go with us! I'm glad you're still in and look forward to meeting you. I've been to a few of the pre-parties too and you're right that its not about age, but about getting to meet others who share a common interest in the band.
  • Options
    im in. well pretty sure anyays. it will be my b-day night so i think i got the go ahead from the woman.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    LesbelgesLesbelges Posts: 434
    I'll be there! I'm one of the young ones (24) :)
    Cincinnati '03 Flooded venue!
    Bridge School '06 Night 1 & 2
    Venice '07 pummeled by the sleet! 
    Nijmegen '07
    Werchter '07
    April Fools ~ LA1
  • Options
    im in. well pretty sure anyays. it will be my b-day night so i think i got the go ahead from the woman.

what is your sig from?
  • Options
    Sounds good!!! I will see you all there!! I am debating I might wear my Nixon Jersey or my Boom T shirt. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
  • Options
    what is your sig from?
    stinkfist ;)
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    smellrosesmellrose Detroit Posts: 72
    I am one of the closer to 40 folks, too! I think I will be able to go, got to check to see if we have any prior plans first.

:)
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:

Its all gonna be newbies pretty much. The Detroit area hasn't really done this before as far as I know. Unless It was before or after a live show or a release of an album or DVD. I just figured I would throw it out there and see what everybody else thought.
  • Options
    Its all gonna be newbies pretty much. The Detroit area hasn't really done this before as far as I know. Unless It was before or after a live show or a release of an album or DVD. I just figured I would throw it out there and see what everybody else thought.

It was a great idea, Nixon! Haven't heard from Liam....do you know if he's coming?
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I won't be able to make it as I have a paper to write due Monday and I need Saturday night and a clear mind Sunday morning to be productive.

Hope everyone has a good time, I may be still in Windsor-area to make the next one

Cheers
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Plan on being there after 9p.

Roberto Clemente.