Options

What direction should Pearl Jam's next album be?

Come Back in BlackCome Back in Black Posts: 659
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I had a poll but it said i took to long.. WHAT THE F? Yeah i want to post a poll thread with no poll. Who wrote this shitty code? forget it
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    East.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    Rockabilly
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Melodic Death Metal/Folk/Post-Rock/Gangsta Rap with Boom on turntables.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    whatever they make... im sure it will be great... we have all seen the various directions they have gone through over the years... i think each album is VERY different and i love em all...

YEILD RULES!
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    anti-republican-folklore-freejazz
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    like ten. only better. title it '11'
  • Options
    MrSmith wrote:
    like ten. only better. title it '11'

I actually had Eleven as a choiice in my poll but since the forum posts your thread and then doesnt let you put your poll in if you take to long it never made it. bullshit!
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    various directions

we're talking about pearl jam, right??
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    Polka
  • Options
    MathMath Posts: 71
    I always wanted to hear Ed yodel.
    "Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends" - Woody ALLEN
  • Options
    brian adams' new album is titled 11
    2000 Ljubljana
    2006 Vienna, Zagreb
    2007 Munich
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    2011 Montreal, Toronto 1&2
    2012 Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1&2, Prague, Berlin 1&2, EV Manchester
    2013 Worcester 1&2, Brooklyn 1&2
    2014 Amsterdam 1&2, Manchester 1&2, Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2017 EV Firenze, Taormina 1&2
    2018 Amsterdam 1&2, Padova, Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    2019 EV Firenze
  • Options
    I'd like to see them bustin' down the pretext and get on with making a proper alt-rock \ punk album ...

i mean, Eddie has this love for the more Pavement-esque structure of stuff like Sleater Kinney ... and he obviously adores X and old punk like the Avengers ...

Mike is a reborn Social Distortion fan ... and Stone? Oh who the hell cares ... just keep him playing nifty little rythms and making all those crazy sounds on the pedal board when he has nothing else to do ...

Mash it all up weird like in Severed Hand, but drop the hard rock dogma ...

and make a non hard-rock album (i don't mean it can't rock, just give up on the notion that the songs have to follow that structure so rigidly) ... take it past where No Code and Yield went ...

make it sound "indie".

That's what i'd like to see.

If it comes out sounding like Pavement gone wrong and half the fans quit the 10C, oh well!

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    I'd like to see them bustin' down the pretext and get on with making a proper alt-rock \ punk album ...

i mean, Eddie has this love for the more Pavement-esque structure of stuff like Sleater Kinney ... and he obviously adores X and old punk like the Avengers ...

Mike is a reborn Social Distortion fan ... and Stone? Oh who the hell cares ... just keep him playing nifty little rythms and making all those crazy sounds on the pedal board when he has nothing else to do ...

Mash it all up weird like in Severed Hand, but drop the hard rock dogma ...

and make a non hard-rock album (i don't mean it can't rock, just give up on the notion that the songs have to follow that structure so rigidly) ... take it past where No Code and Yield went ...

make it sound "indie".

That's what i'd like to see.

If it comes out sounding like Pavement gone wrong and half the fans quit the 10C, oh well!

:D

You are really in one of those moods today :D
  • Options
    Royals32Royals32 Posts: 160
    Not south.

Just kidding.
    #==(o )

You are not your job.
    You are not how much money you have in the bank.
    You are not the car you drive.
    You are not the contents of your wallet.
    You are not your fucking khakis.
  • Options
    I have always wondered what it would be like if they made a rock opera for a whole album. I'd be curious to hear that.
  • Options
    Hip-Hop

complete with Dirty Frank Freestyle & Can't keep remix.

they just need to dig out Ed's techno beats from his E experimentation.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    You are really in one of those moods today :D

that was actualy honest.

You know that bit in SVT where Jack starts talking about a "mindless good time" banging on the trash can lid and talking about how everything doesn't have to be some great artistic moment?

I think PJ need to embrace that, go in to the studio a bit less serious, bust down the pretext, and put out an honest alterna-rock album.

Break up the song structure. Add some unconventional guitar patterns.
    Just listen to some S-K or Pavement, and you should get it. Think a LITTLE Sonic Youth, but not so drawn out. And no Kim Gordon! :D God knows the problem shouldn't be the drums! They have Matt!

Anyhow, i see no problem with that wish.
    What, you don't think Mike can hack it anymore?

;)
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    The direction they want to take us.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    that was actualy honest.

You know that bit in SVT where Jack starts talking about a "mindless good time" banging on the trash can lid and talking about how everything doesn't have to be some great artistic moment?

I think PJ need to embrace that, go in to the studio a bit less serious, bust down the pretext, and put out an honest alterna-rock album.

Break up the song structure. Add some unconventional guitar patterns.
    Just listen to some S-K or Pavement, and you should get it. Think a LITTLE Sonic Youth, but not so drawn out. And no Kim Gordon! :D God knows the problem shouldn't be the drums! They have Matt!

Anyhow, i see no problem with that wish.
    What, you don't think Mike can hack it anymore?

;)

I guess I just liked the direction they were going with Riot Act. Classic rock.
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    And no Kim Gordon! :D

What's wrong with her? She's a bad ass.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    I guess I just liked the direction they were going with Riot Act. Classic rock.

i wouldn't classify Riot Act as hard rock in a million years.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:

Well, she's no Kim Deal.

;)
  • Options
    BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
    distantsun wrote:
    i wouldn't classify Riot Act as hard rock in a million years.

Yeah, it's more like "tired, old bastard, world-beat-me-down- ed needs to quit smoking rock"
    YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    i vote the nexxxt 'album' be nothing but rockin out like PORCH, why go, comatose, last exxxit, big wave, not for you, rvm, GO!, lukin....those type of songs. None of this into the wild slowed down stuff. it aint happening!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i vote the nexxxt 'album' be nothing but rockin out like PORCH, why go, comatose, last exxxit, big wave, not for you, rvm, GO!, lukin....those type of songs. None of this into the wild slowed down stuff. it aint happening!

Guess you aren't going to any Ed shows then?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    yosi wrote:
    East.

fuck you man! it's north without a doubt!

in all seriousness though, i vote old school. stone writes all the songs, ed does all the lyrics. stone indulges his love for funk and hip hop by writing some truly grooving riffs that jeff's bass can bounce to. mike gets to play more licks like his funkadelic cover of maggot brain. ed gets to belt out with some soul like the good old days, instead of the tired and ragged punk screams. an im sure boom could jam to that. of course, they'd have to kick matt out and get a drummer like jack or dave who can play loose and improvisational with them. no disrespect to matt, but he's like a machine. he'd be the world's greatest metal drummer (and was when he was with soundgarden), but he's just not loose and sloppy enough for pearl jam at their best.
  • Options
    Guess you aren't going to any Ed shows then?
    we'll see. I wasnt fighting for tickets like everyone but im gladd at least 2 of the shows are like 15 minutes from me. Besides, its Ed...

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Maybe they should do a "GRUNGE" record!
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    maybe its about that onion dress she wore all tour last time! :eek:

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    we'll see. I wasnt fighting for tickets like everyone but im gladd at least 2 of the shows are like 15 minutes from me. Besides, its Ed...

But you know he's going to be playing most of Into the Wild right? :)
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07