ED SOLO AUSTRALIAN DATES

Comments

• bribjorkbribjork Posts: 7
    edited November 2010
    SWEET! I will be on my honeymoon from March 7-23 down under!! Unfortunately the dates don't line up that great, but maybe we can make something happen...hopefully there'll be a Perth show as we'll be there most of the trip!!

Trip details:
    Sydney - March 10-11
    Melbourne - March 11-13
    Adelaide - March 13-15
    Perth - March 15-23

We didn't leave much time for the first three cities since my wife has family in Perth that she hasn't seen in a very long time...a little airline ticket finagling might be in order...
    Post edited by bribjork on
    Formerly EscapeIsNever
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    niss456 wrote:
    Any idea how 10C members can get presale tix??

Welcome to the board... :)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i love see so manyt aussies post and be happy!!!!cheers :wave:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • So excited!!! I hope there are 10C presale tix. I am NOT missing Newcastle this time.
    I haven't been to show in long time under $100 - seems to be the norm now.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

wow, that's rough. making me reconsider this trip.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • More on Today show website: http://today.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8172659
    Eddie Vedder confirms solo tour for Australia
    Tickets for all shows go on sale Friday 10th December, 9am
    Eddie Vedder – solo: Tour dates

Thursday 10th March QPAC concert hall, Brisbane
    Saturday 12th http://www.qtix.com.au 136 246

Tuesday 15th March Royal Theatre, Canberra
    http://www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

Wednesday 16th March Civic Theatre, Newcastle
    http://www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

Friday 18th March State Theatre, Sydney
    Saturday 19th march http://www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Thursday 24th March Palais Theatre, Melbourne
    Friday 25th March http://www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100

Sunday 27th March The Barton Theatre, Adelaide
    http://www.venuetix.com.au 08 8225 8888
    ***We all Believe***
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    niss456 wrote:
    Any idea how 10C members can get presale tix??

We have to wait until they officially announce the tour and they will give us a date for the ticket pre-sale
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    if i do canberra, newie, sydney, i't make more sence to just drive the loop - anyone want to share a car/petrol??
    impatience is a gift ........
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    edited November 2010
    I'm waiting for the Eddie vedder West Coast tour announcement....

this may well be why 10Club have not made an announcement... because ALL dates aren't finalised...
    Post edited by vital5 on
  • vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486

wow, that's rough. making me reconsider this trip.
    awesome :)
  • Jaswah wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Come on....who's starting the "Bring Back Lifewasted" petition? :mrgreen:

I was trying to get intouch with whoever ran LW to help get it back online but had no luck.
    I've created a new Aussie PJ forum and hoping to launch asap!!!

3 of us ran it. But it's up to dan if he can be bothered getting it back up. He's the computer man in the trio and paid for it all.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    *shrug*

perhaps the aus/nz thread will just have to go feral again??

that or a f/book group??
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:
    *shrug*

perhaps the aus/nz thread will just have to go feral again??

that or a f/book group??

Screw Facebook.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    speaking of the aus thread ..... *goes to look*
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    2 x front row seats for Melb please.... well at least one

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    zenith wrote:
    if i do canberra, newie, sydney, i't make more sence to just drive the loop - anyone want to share a car/petrol??

HELL NO!!! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    "Tickets are being held in unspecified locations throughout the venues."

So who thinks 10c will be shoved up the back? It's happened in the US before. I'd at least like know if Im better off buying tickets through the general public sale. Surely the front will be reserved for us? :?
  • RaidenRaiden Posts: 136
    Yeeehaa! March is already the best month of the year to live in Adelaide and now it's even better!! Not sure which shows to do yet...thinking definitely Brisbane shows and Adelaide and maybe one or two melbourne shows. Could be almost impossible to get accommodation for Melb shows though being so close to F1 race.

Don't it make you smile? :D:D
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:

HELL NO!!! :lol:

im standing in the kitchen making my 2nd coffee - look at the calender to see if im rostered on to work on the 2nd ... no, and i see its payday, even better .... then i realise its THIS THURSDAY!!!!

WTF!!!! we have till this thursday to work out tickets and money and wtf!!!!! :shock: :shock:

heh :lol: you should have txtd me an hour earlier i think - im still half asleep, and not charged up enough
    LongRoad wrote:

So who thinks 10c will be shoved up the back? It's happened in the US before. I'd at least like know if Im better off buying tickets through the general public sale. Surely the front will be reserved for us? :?

and yea - how likely is this?? surely if we buy our tkts thru 10c we'lll at least get priority seating over the gen public??
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    LongRoad wrote:

Definitely. I'd love to know for sure where I am before forking out to travel over there. I don't even know anything about those venues so it's hard to decide what to do. I wonder if 10C tickets will be more expensive again, I can only assume so, maybe another reason not to bother. And I have to decide all this by Thursday!
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    zenith wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:

and yea - how likely is this?? surely if we buy our tkts thru 10c we'lll at least get priority seating over the gen public??
    That's not how it worked in the States, but the venues were small and the demand high, so just getting in there was worth it. Will it be the same here? How quickly will they sell out and if I can only go to one city, which venue is the best out of all of them?
    bazzer wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:

That's not how it worked in the States, but the venues were small and the demand high, so just getting in there was worth it. Will it be the same here? How quickly will they sell out and if I can only go to one city, which venue is the best out of all of them?

well, sydney is only just over 2500, and canberra is only tiny, just over 2000 from memory - so where ever you are you will have a lovely view - but it'd be nice to be in the first few rows with a 10c tkt
  • LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    They'll sell out fast, they are pretty small venues. But regardless of size 10c members should be entitled to the best seats in the house, why not? We may as well just buy at the general public sale otherwise, or else all the scalpers will be buying up the front tickets and the only way to get them will be on ebay for $600.
    yea - the perk of 10c tkts is actually getting them i think

weirdly - even tho im stoked he is visiting canberra, im a little worried how its going to sell - canberra is a weird city live music-wise- i seriously think it'll be a slow seller.
  • bazzer wrote:

you can view the Sydney venue online. It's a beautiful venue. But then thebby and the palais have legend status. dont know anything about bris. But go to a city that has 2 shows!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    bazzer wrote:

you can view the Sydney venue online. It's a beautiful venue. But then thebby and the palais have legend status. dont know anything about bris. But go to a city that has 2 shows!
    we both said the truth... 8-);)
  • This is basically a vacation with some shows thrown in to make some quick cash.

:roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Jaswah wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Come on....who's starting the "Bring Back Lifewasted" petition? :mrgreen:

I was trying to get intouch with whoever ran LW to help get it back online but had no luck.
    I've created a new Aussie PJ forum and hoping to launch asap!!!

3 of us ran it. But it's up to dan if he can be bothered getting it back up. He's the computer man in the trio and paid for it all.

Well there is still the Life Wasted forum Facebook page.