Options

What is so great Alpine Valley?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I pretty much agree with everything people have written about Alpine. It's just a special place to see a show. It's a bitch getting out of there, but its usually well worth it. The Rage show last summer was out of control. That would make my summer if PJ played there.....
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I pretty much agree with everything people have written about Alpine. It's just a special place to see a show. It's a bitch getting out of there, but its usually well worth it. The Rage show last summer was out of control. That would make my summer if PJ played there.....

The parking lot can be tricky. But if you really wanna get out of there. There are ways you can get out fast. It all depends I guess. Buy after a show its always fun to chill in the parking lot. :D
  • Options
    Was your friend drunk? lol

I've been talking up Alpine Valley for the longest time on here. I want the people that think Alpine sucks to come and see. Cause when PJ plays Alpine its a special nite everytime. We that have been there know this already. :)

patrick, from what i hear, you are about to change your tune. i hear that red rocks is the shit. you will have to keep us informed.
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    poto101poto101 Posts: 386
    man at 03 i sat in the way back of the lawn and have never seen so much weed at a concert. it was fucking unbelievable.

"and tonight i'm seeing just about as much smoke"
    EV 6/21/03

i was only 15 at the time so it was kinda overhwelming (my first rock concert) with so much smoke. it was actually a relief for me to smell weed cuz it was better than cigarettes. loved the smell of weed ever since
    It's all happening....

East Troy 2003
    Chicago x2, Summerfest x2, 2006
    Chicago THE VIC, Lollapalooza, 2007
    bonnaROOOOOOO 2008
    Chicago x2 2009

(EV chicago 2008 night 2)
  • Options
    patrick, from what i hear, you are about to change your tune. i hear that red rocks is the shit. you will have to keep us informed.

You mean this place? :)

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k300/patrickpjfan/redrocks001.jpg

I think there's a decent chance that they might play either Red Rocks or Alpine. We shall see.
  • Options
    smobeepjsmobeepj Posts: 58
    Alpine Valley is very bad for the very drunk. Ive seen many of dumb drunkards rolling down the hill. Great atmosphere at the place, even in '00. '03 was one of my favorite concerts ive ever seen and '00 was about as cold as a couple of Cubs Opening days ive been to. Its been a long time since they've played there so why not come in early september and do a couple of shows.
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    smobeepj wrote:
    Alpine Valley is very bad for the very drunk. Ive seen many of dumb drunkards rolling down the hill. Great atmosphere at the place, even in '00. '03 was one of my favorite concerts ive ever seen and '00 was about as cold as a couple of Cubs Opening days ive been to. Its been a long time since they've played there so why not come in early september and do a couple of shows.

RATM @ Alpine gave me pneumonia! :(

Seriously though, you're right... I know there had to have been blood mixed in with mud on some of those steeper slopes by the rails at the top. :eek:

I would like to see a show there when it looks like the picture someone posted.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    poto101 wrote:
    man at 03 i sat in the way back of the lawn and have never seen so much weed at a concert. it was fucking unbelievable.

"and tonight i'm seeing just about as much smoke"
    EV 6/21/03

i was only 15 at the time so it was kinda overhwelming (my first rock concert) with so much smoke. it was actually a relief for me to smell weed cuz it was better than cigarettes. loved the smell of weed ever since
    '03 was great....'00 was cold.....and '98 was fucking amazing

go hawks....'08 ncaa wrestling champs!
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    The parking lot can be tricky. But if you really wanna get out of there. There are ways you can get out fast. It all depends I guess. Buy after a show its always fun to chill in the parking lot. :D
    i spent about 4 hours in the parking lot after rage... it was a fuckin mud pit! but a great time!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    i spent about 4 hours in the parking lot after rage... it was a fuckin mud pit! but a great time!

Yea I heard that from a few people. We stayed for a little bit and then drove around the mud. We kinda knew a way to go having both worked there in 1999. :D
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    poto101 wrote:
    like 45 minutes from milwaukee, 90 minutes from chicago.

something about the place and its atmosphere. the tailgating, the huuuggeeeee lawn, the wooden roof/rafters, the way you jhave to drive into the middle of fucking nowhere just to see a show is pretty cool, and just the overwhelming presence of amazing shows that have been there.

also the sad history of stevie ray vaughn adds something to it.

I saw Iron Maiden there and it is a cool place. It is a very big place and worthy of a huge band like Pearl Jam. Although when I saw Iron Maiden there, they were already not that ...........I don't know I liked them and a lot of people I am sure did as well, but the metal thing was already moving on and I guess that may be why it was pretty poorly attended. But as for the venue, yeah, it is a very nice place as far as scenery and open fields go......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    UrohawkUrohawk Posts: 77
    go hawks....'08 ncaa wrestling champs!

woot
    "pearl jam tickets $150 a pair.....
    the pearl jam coloring book....$200
    multi-millionaires singing a song telling me...
    the gas in their tanks...is like money in the bank
    PRICELESS!!!!!!" -SpeedyMcCready...You may be banned but the message lives on!