Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
edited December 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Should be an exciting weekend in Abu Dhabi!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    where does alonso have to finish to seal the deal? ...
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Championship permutations:

Alonso (246 points) will be champion if:
    - he finishes first or second
    - he finishes third, fourth or fifth, and neither Webber nor Vettel win
    - he finishes sixth, with Webber no higher than third and Vettel failing to win
    - he finishes seventh or eighth, with Webber no higher than fourth and Vettel failing to win
    - he finishes ninth, with Webber no higher than fifth and Vettel no higher than third
    - he finishes 10th, with Webber no higher than sixth and Vettel no higher than third
    - he fails to score, with Webber no higher than sixth, Vettel no higher than third and Hamilton failing to win
    If no rivals score? Alonso is champion

Webber (238) will be champion if:
    - he wins, with Alonso no higher than third
    - he finishes second, with Alonso no higher than sixth and Vettel failing to win
    - he finishes third, with Alonso no higher than seventh and Vettel failing to win
    - he finishes fourth, with Alonso no higher than ninth and Vettel failing to win
    - he finishes fifth, with Alonso no higher than tenth and Vettel failing to win
    If no rivals score? Webber must finish fifth or higher to become champion

Vettel (231) will be champion if:
    - he wins, with Alonso no higher than fifth
    - he finishes second with Alonso no higher than ninth and Webber no higher than fifth
    If no rivals score? Vettel must finish second or higher to become champion

Hamilton (222) will be champion if:
    - he wins, with Alonso failing to score, Webber no higher than sixth and Vettel no higher than third.
    If no rivals score? Hamilton must win to become champion

Deadlock: in theory, Alonso, Webber and Vettel could finish level on points at the top - a result of Vettel winning, Webber second and Alonso fifth in Abu Dhabi would give them 256 points apiece. Vettel and Alonso would have five wins each, two second places each and three third places each. Vettel would then be champion based on his three fourth places to Alonso’s two.
    thanks ... i wonder if anyone is gonna get run off the road ... ;)
    well hopefully the race will be more exciting that last week's snoozefest
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Go Alonso!!!
    I have to admit, he has been the best driver this year. Im rooting against Vettel. I dont want another GP where he takes the pole and leads the entire race-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    polaris_x wrote:

are schui and villeneuve racing this weekend?! ;):lol:
    norm wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

are schui and villeneuve racing this weekend?! ;):lol:

shuey is definitely racing! ... haha ... i'm guessing he is prepared to knock off a car for a ride in one of the top teams next year ...
    soo ... in a yahoo article ... it's been posed that if alonso were to win - the championship is a bit tainted ... being that ferrari spends most of its resources on alonso's car and that massa had been ordered to let alonso pass earlier in the season ...

thoughts?
    Team orders are a part of Formula one. The FIA did not impose a penalty on Ferrari. That says it all.
    And Alonso is famous for demanding that his team make him number one-nothing new there.
    I have mixed feelings about the team orders. I would like to think each driver is racing for himself-presumably making the races more competitive. But given the amount of money these teams spend and the potential rewards for winning a championship, acting as a team makes financial sense. We are talking big money. Rumored to be as much as $100 million for the constructor's championship.
    Funny, Im not sure if there is prize money for the driver's championship, as there is in NASCAR.
    I am sure there is some financial reward though.
  • This is pretty exciting... what with the rugby and all, I've really been lookin forward to this weekend... cmon WEBBER
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Yeah come on Webber.

If he wins he will be the first Aussie to win in like 30 years or something...
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • pjfan31 wrote:
    Yeah come on Webber.

If he wins he will be the first Aussie to win in like 30 years or something...
    although I kinda like Alonso too :mrgreen: he's such a stereotypical bad guy, like a charicature. I love how he winds people up :mrgreen: .
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Rygar wrote:
    Go Alonso!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Webs!!!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Go Vettel !!!!!!!!!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Webber!!!

and ABA - anyone but Alonso ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    just got home..why Alonso is so back?wtf happen?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Bad pit and tire strategy for Ferrari.
    Vettel was fast. He deserved to win.

Til next year..................
  • wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Go Vettel! Go Vettel!! A deserving win. I love how Alonso gave Petrov a piece of his mind at the end of the race when they were next to each other. Always the stroppy 5year old.

I'm so sad it's over. My sunday's won't be the same now. And it agggesss till the 6nations.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
    wash_ wrote:
    Go Vettel! Go Vettel!! A deserving win. I love how Alonso gave Petrov a piece of his mind at the end of the race when they were next to each other. Always the stroppy 5year old.

I'm so sad it's over. My sunday's won't be the same now. And it agggesss till the 6nations.
    true..i like how petrov did a fair and good race
    edited November 2010
    Well crap.
    Helmut's baby pulled it off (this is a slight at RBR, not Vettel ;)).
    Some excitement with the pit stops but Hermann Tilke needs to stop designing race tracks...
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • :oops: bit of an anticlimax really... although still quite intense cos ya know an engine could blow up at any point. Good race by Vettel, deserved it in the end. Very sad Webber didn't have a chance to have any shot at it in the end. If Ferrari hadn't fucked up Massa's pit, they probably wouldn't have 'needed' to pit Alonso when they did. The whole thing was a bit strange really. Fair play to the Renault drivers though... Kubica again had a great race.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    interesting finish ... all decided by tactics ... the problem with F1 has always been the lack of passing and it showed again ... i think vettel can thank his teammate for the win ... if webber hadn't pitted - don't think the two ferraris would have either ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    interesting finish ... all decided by tactics ... the problem with F1 has always been the lack of passing and it showed again ... i think vettel can thank his teammate for the win ... if webber hadn't pitted - don't think the two ferraris would have either ...
    Seemed like a good strategy at the time, was pretty obvious shortly after that it backfired.
    What can ya do. Hopefully the Red Bulls aren't so much faster next year!
    Rygar wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Seemed like a good strategy at the time, was pretty obvious shortly after that it backfired.
    What can ya do. Hopefully the Red Bulls aren't so much faster next year!

it helped a little that red bull basically had two teams out there ... either way ... it was good to see 4 drivers in the hunt this year ... pretty amazing that it may have come down to how many fourth place finishes a driver had ...
    And in related news, Hulkenburg already pushed out of Williams.
    This was a very exciting season. All the tops teams had reliability problems and DNF's throughout the season.
    Driver's championship was up for grabs all year. Cant wait for next season. Rygar, hopefully I will make it up there next year! Still pissed I couldn't go this year.
    Get_Right wrote:
    This was a very exciting season. All the tops teams had reliability problems and DNF's throughout the season.
    Driver's championship was up for grabs all year. Cant wait for next season. Rygar, hopefully I will make it up there next year! Still pissed I couldn't go this year.
    Aim for 2012, not sure I'm making 2011 ;)

Yes very good point - all the top teams had some reliability issues. Ferrari managed Alonso's engines pretty good, the one he used in AD was low mileage and never race-used.
    Disappointing finish as a fan of a team, but pretty good season as a fan of the sport.
    Rygar wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    Aim for 2012, not sure I'm making 2011 ;)

Yes very good point - all the top teams had some reliability issues. Ferrari managed Alonso's engines pretty good, the one he used in AD was low mileage and never race-used.
    Disappointing finish as a fan of a team, but pretty good season as a fan of the sport.
    2012 might find me in Austin, Texas!