Ed shot music video for "Guaranteed"

2»

Comments

• Options
    brainofme wrote:
    http://www.variety.com/blog/890000489/post/310016831.html

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Vedder fresh off video shoot for 'Guaranteed' last night

I neglected to mention in this morning's item that Pearl Jam front man Eddie Vedder shot the music video for "Guaranteed" yesterday, the prevalent track from "Into the Wild," just before arriving on the Paramount lot for the festivities. This is the first music video the singer has appeared in since "Jeremy" -- 14 years ago. "Guaranteed" also appears to be his own favorite piece of work on the soundtrack and -- obviously -- the tune that awards strategists are positioning for the Best Original Song category.
    I still dig "Society" and "No Ceiling" (however short) a little more, but it's all a bunch of audible goodness regardless.

http://www.variety.com/blog/890000489/post/1130017113.html

Thursday, November 8, 2007

VantageGuilds.com adds on yet again

It appears you can now listen to each of Eddie Vedder's "Into the Wild" tunes at VantageGuilds.com. The studio also says that it will soon be adding production notes and Jonny Greenwood's score to the "There Will Be Blood" section, an interview with Angelina Jolie to the "A Mighty Heart" section (presumably Pete Hammond's much publicized Q&A from Sunday night) and the music video for Vedder's "Guaranteed," which I mentioned in this space over the weekend.

Guaranteed will be Ed's Oscar song. It's the best of his original songs on the album. Makes sense to promote it. Society was written by someone else, and really is a better song. So well see.
  • Options
    brainofme wrote:
    http://www.variety.com/blog/890000489/post/310016831.html

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Vedder fresh off video shoot for 'Guaranteed' last night

I neglected to mention in this morning's item that Pearl Jam front man Eddie Vedder shot the music video for "Guaranteed" yesterday, the prevalent track from "Into the Wild," just before arriving on the Paramount lot for the festivities. This is the first music video the singer has appeared in since "Jeremy" -- 14 years ago. "Guaranteed" also appears to be his own favorite piece of work on the soundtrack and -- obviously -- the tune that awards strategists are positioning for the Best Original Song category.
    I still dig "Society" and "No Ceiling" (however short) a little more, but it's all a bunch of audible goodness regardless.

http://www.variety.com/blog/890000489/post/1130017113.html

Thursday, November 8, 2007

VantageGuilds.com adds on yet again

It appears you can now listen to each of Eddie Vedder's "Into the Wild" tunes at VantageGuilds.com. The studio also says that it will soon be adding production notes and Jonny Greenwood's score to the "There Will Be Blood" section, an interview with Angelina Jolie to the "A Mighty Heart" section (presumably Pete Hammond's much publicized Q&A from Sunday night) and the music video for Vedder's "Guaranteed," which I mentioned in this space over the weekend.

This is awesome news!
    I look forward to seeing this video :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Really bad timing. This would be a perfect time for Ed to hit Letterman Show with a new tune to promote the album and film. I live in LA so ill try to mow down some writers on the way to work. j/k
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    you know what's fucked up. I just logged in to ask if anyone has tabs for this song, b/c i fuckin love it so damn much

Great to hear thanks for the post. Cant wait, maybe i can figure out the tabs watching Ed play it
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    It will be nice to see another vid from Ed but still I feel a little bit sorry about this commercialization effort as Pearl Jam being my favorite group not only for their great albums but also their strong stance against MTV era.
    Something for sure is changing (life wasted, wws and now this) but it is too early to judge anyway. Better wait and see...
    "when one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." Robert Pirsig
  • Options
    gozzo5058 wrote:
    why is Ed deciding to do his first video in 14 years as a solo effort?

Thoughts anyone? Is this the slippery slope towards the end of PJ?

??

This is not his first video in 14 years, PJ made a video for Life Wasted on 2006

Please... Ed is obviously proud of his work and wants that Oscar. Pearl Jam isn't going anywhere.

I have to agree here, this is talking apples and oranges, wanting to judge Pearl Jam's future based on solo projects...
    I think Ed was clear and so were the rest of the members of the band, when they said they had been touring for a while and they wanted to take a break ... they are definately not going anywhere...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Guaranteed will be Ed's Oscar song. It's the best of his original songs on the album. Makes sense to promote it. Society was written by someone else, and really is a better song. So well see.

I always thought Rise was easily the best track on Into the Wild. Raw/emotional and inspiring, it should be the song that is pushed for an Oscar.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Please... Ed is obviously proud of his work and wants that Oscar. Pearl Jam isn't going anywhere.
    It has nothing to do with the Oscar. It's a movie soundtrack and this video is part of the promotion of the movie as is the cd.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    Mine wrote:
    It has nothing to do with the Oscar. It's a movie soundtrack and this video is part of the promotion of the movie as is the cd.

right, but they also made a video for hard sun. is it common to make videos for more than one soundtrack-song?
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
  • Options
    brainofme wrote:
    right, but they also made a video for hard sun. is it common to make videos for more than one soundtrack-song?
    The Hard Sun video is unplayable because is to long and has to much dialog in between.
  • Options
    Mine wrote:
    The Hard Sun video is unplayable because is to long and has to much dialog in between.

so why did they make it?
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
  • Options
    brainofme wrote:
    so why did they make it?
    I don't know. It's just movie footage anyway. It's almost like a trailer.
    I don't know if it was ever shown on any tv station. It could be just for Internet promotion.
  • Options
    There was a WWS video????
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    There was a WWS video????

don't think it was official... all I remember was the li'l dude with the li'l globe!

Anyway, good on him for making videos... the world isn't going to end because of it!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    SpeakersSpeakers Posts: 252
    rockpants wrote:
    That he's personally appeared in. Not stock footage from shows or claymation or other trickery - and not just stuff released for fans, an actual, commercial release like Do the Evolution was back in '98. A "real" music video, if you will. :)

I'm the tallest and fastest person in the world...who has the screen name "Speakers" on this pearl jam board. Give me a break. :) Call it what it is...the first music video he has done since the last Pearl Jam album. :)
  • Options
    The day I bought this album this was automatically my favorite song. I'm so glad they're pushing it for the Oscar. It deserves it more than any other song on the album IMO.
  • Options
    I totally agree....this song is getting me through a rough time.

'All my destinations will accept the one thats me.....so I can breathe.'

If I could change a lyric to any song on this album It'd be:
    All my destinations will accept the road that's me.....so I can breathe.

That fits me better. :)
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    What about the Life Wasted video? Wasn't Ed in that?
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    What's up with people saying "pushing it for the oscars"?.
  • Options
    grungehead wrote:
    What's up with people saying "pushing it for the oscars"?.

Do you mean you don't understand the phrase or our reasoning for thinking that Guaranteed is the song being pushed?
  • Options
    is it just me or are those different versions of the songs on vantageguilds.com?
  • Options
    Do you mean you don't understand the phrase or our reasoning for thinking that Guaranteed is the song being pushed?

what i'm saying is
    ed making a vid has nothing to do with the oscar
  • Options
    grungehead wrote:
    what i'm saying is
    ed making a vid has nothing to do with the oscar

Yah I hear you. I'm not basing it on the video though. I'm basing it on the campaign & the buzz that they're trying to generate over the song itself. It's been pretty transparent.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Good for Ed! I wonder if the song will be extended or will it just be a 2:21 video?

People need to get over Ed making a video...we haven't even seen it yet!

BTW...it's not 1993 anymore...and it's not like he's doing TRL.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    I can't wait to see a video for this song. It is my favorite on the album along with Rise. Congrats to Eddie for all of his accomplishments! Keep jammin'!!
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
  • Options
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/extendedplay/

RANDOM:

Look for Eddie Vedder's video for "Guaranteed" from the "Into the Wild" soundtrack to debut in the next week or two.

...can't wait
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    brainofme wrote:

RANDOM:

Look for Eddie Vedder's video for "Guaranteed" from the "Into the Wild" soundtrack to debut in the next week or two.

...can't wait

Nice Find!!
    Thanks for that info.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    brainofme wrote:

RANDOM:

...can't wait

haha, i just realized that i didn't quote the information about the look of the video! so, same website, same article...but more information ;-)

"RANDOM:

Randy Spendlove, Paramount's president of music, says the clip is being edited this week. "We shot it on film with [Vedder] on a stool," Spendlove said. "There are images of the film that come in and out. It's a real moment to take you back to the movie. It's being cut right now."

Just in time to give the cut an even heavier Oscar-season push."
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007
  • Options
    i wonder when we will get to see this?!
    Vienna, Austria 2006
    Munich, Germany 2007