Options

If you want to see Ed Solo, GO TO ONE SHOW ONLY!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited July 2008 in The Porch
There are several reasonse to see only one show...

1)Every Pearl Jam fan should be able to get into one show
2)Every setlist is pretty much exactly the same
3)Instead of spending your money on this, you could go to Vh1 Rock Honors

Trust me! I saw Ed in LA and San Diego... The first show I saw was quite possibly the best show of my life, goosebumps, tears, shivers, I was just in awe, like a Neil Young solo show...
2nd show, EXACTLY the same, and it ruined it for me...

1 show is all you need, seriously guys!!! Take my advice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    THanks for the advice

But I want 2 posters HAHAHA
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    keelycan wrote:
    THanks for the advice

But I want 2 posters HAHAHA
    the posters will not sell out... especially if they are the same ones as the other tour...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I went to two shows in Berkeley ... there were about 6 or 7 different tunes from night to night. I almost didn't go to Berkeley 2, but, amen that I did. McCready surprise aside, I would have been bummed to miss a live close up viewing of Ed doing Picture in a Frame (only done on night 2).

My opinion, I'd say 2 max is all you'll really need. The 2 near you, perhaps.

There will always be the completists that feel the need to go to every show so they don't miss anything. So be it.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    I would've been ok only having gone to one show.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I'm only going to try for one show.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    This from the same dude who thinks 'There Will Be Blood' was the worst movie ever made. Even so much to ruin the ending for many of us. Don't think I'll be taking your advice anytime soon, and would strongly recommend that you stick with what you know, which are chips & dip and poster collecting/flipping ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    pjtaper wrote:
    There are several reasonse to see only one show...

1)Every Pearl Jam fan should be able to get into one show
    2)Every setlist is pretty much exactly the same
    3)Instead of spending your money on this, you could go to Vh1 Rock Honors

Trust me! I saw Ed in LA and San Diego... The first show I saw was quite possibly the best show of my life, goosebumps, tears, shivers, I was just in awe, like a Neil Young solo show...
    2nd show, EXACTLY the same, and it ruined it for me...

1 show is all you need, seriously guys!!! Take my advice.

I totally disagree. I went to four and loved every one of them for different reasons, just like seeing PJ multiple times.
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    The Champ wrote:
    Don't think I'll be taking your advice anytime soon, and would strongly recommend that you stick with what you know, which are chips & dip and poster collecting/flipping ;)..

OMG..I am laughing so hard right now!!!!!!!! LMAO!! Well said!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    WhiteMaleRatWhiteMaleRat Posts: 301
    try having sex or doing drugs just once.
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Yes. Seeing that these are small venues, can we please share the wealth and let those of us who may not get a chance at one show, enjoy one? The tickets are limited, so is it really necessary that some people hoard shows rather than share w/ other fans?
  • Options
    OMG..I am laughing so hard right now!!!!!!!! LMAO!! Well said!

lol..But I guess, since you didn't include the first part of the comment, that you were not one of the fortunate ones who also mistakenly read his dumb advice regarding the movie he ruined the ending to :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    The Champ wrote:
    This from the same dude who thinks 'There Will Be Blood' was the worst movie ever made. Even so much to ruin the ending for many of us. Don't think I'll be taking your advice anytime soon, and would strongly recommend that you stick with what you know, which are chips & dip and poster collecting/flipping ;)..

+1 for the Champ- who else is sick of this guy's jaded view of everything--lighten up, we get it already. Haven't you spewed enough negativity about Eddie's setlists not varying much on other threads and didn't you even accuse Eddie of lip-synching? Get over it
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    lol..But I guess, since you didn't include the first part of the comment, that you were not one of the fortunate ones who also mistakenly read his dumb advice regarding the movie he ruined the ending to :)..
    let it go, or get banned... the choice is yours to make.
    I don't appreciate the harassment though!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    pjtaper wrote:

he will definately report you.....that much I know!

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    pjtaper wrote:

Are you serious? Get a life my friend..the choice is yours to make...lol..this guy kills me :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    also, I am sorry I have sold a few posters that I won't frame... I buy at least 2 a day.... I have yet to flip a PEARL JAM POSTER, or sell one for a penny over what I paid for it...
    Go ahead and keep harassing me, see where it gets you...
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    also, I am sorry I have sold a few posters that I won't frame... I buy at least 2 a day.... I have yet to flip a PEARL JAM POSTER, or sell one for a penny over what I paid for it...

Ive noticed that you often start threads accusing the band of inappropriate actions, then you try to order other fans how to behave regarding shows, etc...but when someone takes offense at your all mighty attitude, you sit back and threaten them that they are facing getting banned---do you work for the 10C?
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    +1 for the Champ- who else is sick of this guy's jaded view of everything--lighten up, we get it already. Haven't you spewed enough negativity about Eddie's setlists not varying much on other threads and didn't you even accuse Eddie of lip-synching? Get over it

I think many share this sentiment, but are afraid that he will follow them around and report anything he feels may result in banishment..lol...and/or most just ignore it, which I should do as well :)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    zootown wrote:
    Ive noticed that you often start threads accusing the band of inappropriate actions, then you try to order other fans how to behave regarding shows, etc...but when someone takes offense at your all mighty attitude, you sit back and threaten them that they are facing getting banned---do you work for the 10C?
    I order other fans how to behave regarding shows? Please, I'd love to see a post where I did this... I don't care how people act at shows...
    Yes, Ed did LIP SYNC during Hard Sun, I did make a thread about it, I was annoyed by it, sorry, that is my opinion, I am allowed to share it...
    do I work for the 10C? what is that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    pjtaper wrote:

http://www.expressobeans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22665&highlight=&sid=906c12f8df407a9470a009cba7c5e3b7

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    I went to San Diego 1 and LA 2, and they were both fucking phenomenal, and as good as each other. I wish i could've seen 2 more.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options

Interesting... i don't recall paying $100 at the venue for that EXACT SAME FUCKING POSTER!!!!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pjtaper wrote:
    I order other fans how to behave regarding shows? Please, I'd love to see a post where I did this... I don't care how people act at shows...
    Yes, Ed did LIP SYNC during Hard Sun, I did make a thread about it, I was annoyed by it, sorry, that is my opinion, I am allowed to share it...

there was a backing vocal/recording for Hard Sun ... but Ed sang, so did EJ ... let it go.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    sorry, that is my opinion, I am allowed to share it...

So why are you trying to get me banned for sharing my opinion regarding not taking your advice? I referenced a perfectly legitimate reason as to why('There Will Be Blood' advice/ruining of) and you tell me to let it go or face banishment..lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Wow, I didn't know Eddie Vedder makes up Pearl Jam.
    Face value on that, but keep digging my friend... I picked that up for a friend who needed it, he decided he didn't.
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:

The title of this this thread happens to be a great example, in all caps telling folks to ONLY GO TO ONE SHOW! And my 10c remark comes from you implying that you somehow have the power to get folks banned. I think the 10c will decide who gets banned...not you.
  • Options
    Interesting... i don't recall paying $100 at the venue for that EXACT SAME FUCKING POSTER!!!!
    was it signed and numbered? did you get it at the venue? I didn't get this signed and numbered one from the venue... I got it off the secondary market, at a good price, for a friend... he doesn't want it...
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    It's a good suggestion...but I'll probably go to two ;)
  • Options

Stop harassing him....who started this thread btw?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    Yeah I figured one is enough

but the thought of getting to Newark on a Thursday night is not appealing

but i'm going to try