Options

Mods: Why...?

Alive_268Alive_268 Posts: 213
edited May 2008 in The Porch
can we freely share every PJ show (except Benaroya, Easy Street and Gorge)
but we can't share any EV show? the only thing i can imagine are boots, but nothing has been announced
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    Benaroya, Easy st and gorge are still available in stores to purchase..... as for you're other questions about eddie boots i think he wanted the experience to stay just that an experience but i could be wrong...
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I think Ed wanted no boots, so no boots. They have given us plenty of other shows.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Eddie said once he was 100% OK with sharing, that it was all about the love for music
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    can we freely share every PJ show (except Benaroya, Easy Street and Gorge)
    but we can't share any EV show? the only thing i can imagine are boots, but nothing has been announced

they said NO RECORDING of the EV shows... do they have to write it in crayon???
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

I'm askin why, exactly
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    I'm askin why, exactly

no you're not... you're asking why you can't share recordings, recordings that weren't allowed in the first place... there is a difference. It's like asking why you can't sell the TV you stole.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    i see the points here certainly when people say 'Eddie says so its the law'.....thats fair comment, but its not such an unreasonable thing to wonder why ed had changed his mind?? Does he owe us a reason? No, but sure thing when someone says they are all for bootlegging and 'I used to be a serial bootlegger in my younger years'....its a bit odd to say no and then not say why after 17 years.....

If its because they are gonna release the shows, fantastic, if not thats cool, but let us know why..

its no biggy really, they are all out there in great quality anyway...but I sure would rather have the real official product and put a few $v into his pocket, so come on ed lets be having them - a nice box set would be so cool.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    I'm askin why, exactly

Why do you need to know why?

Were you one of those kids when your parents said no, you needed to know why? As if them saying no wasn't enough, you had to have a reason.

Am I curious? Sure, I am... but I'm not demanding answers on the board and this topic has been brought up I don't know how many times now, do we really need to beat the horse dead?

Bottom line, If ed/pj plan on releasing bootlegs they will let us know eventually, just be patient.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    chromiam wrote:
    yeah, but there's no a no Video policy at PJ shows..or no audio with external microphones either.
    yet all the audio out there have been recorded with mic (and don't hide it) and the videos are being traded openly..

just saying that the fact it said no recording for the EV means anything in itself...

the zeal with which they're trying to stop the spread of the recordings is bizarre and doesn't really make sense.
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    yeah, but there's no a no Video policy at PJ shows..or no audio with external microphones either.
    yet all the audio out there have been recorded with mic (and don't hide it) and the videos are being traded openly..

just saying that the fact it said no recording for the EV means anything in itself...

the zeal with which they're trying to stop the spread of the recordings is bizarre and doesn't really make sense.

Agreed
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Pegasus wrote:

I honestly think it's because of YouTube... I think there's a certain discomfort in having something personal that someone took with their own device and sharing it on a mass scale. I think they might be feeling creeped out by it, especially since they have had issues with video in the past.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I honestly think it's because of YouTube... I think there's a certain discomfort in having something personal that someone took with their own device and sharing it on a mass scale. I think they might be feeling creeped out by it, especially since they have had issues with video in the past.
    we're not talking about videos here, but the audios..I wouldn't care about the video..
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Pjfanalive wrote:
    I'm askin why, exactly
    Someone once said it might have something to do with the Into The Wild execs and the film studio, so I guessing that.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    The answer is, BECAUSE THEY SAID SO. That is the answer, the only answer you need.

Why do you people feel that you deserve more of an explanation? They owe you nothing. They said no recordings. Live with it.

I’ve never seen a group of people pick apart every God Damn thing about a band in my life.

It’s sickening and it’s pathetic.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    LongRd. wrote:
    Someone once said it might have something to do with the Into The Wild execs and the film studio, so I guessing that.

That was probably some bogus speculation. This is an Eddie Vedder solo concert, not an ITW movie screening.
  • Options
    The answer is, BECAUSE THEY SAID SO. That is the answer, the only answer you need.

Why do you people feel that you deserve more of an explanation? They owe you nothing. They said no recordings. Live with it.

I’ve never seen a group of people pick apart every God Damn thing about a band in my life.

chill out....
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559

You are so good at taking orders. That's a wonderful commodity in such a society, you'll go far.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    smithnic wrote:
    You are so good at taking orders. That's a wonderful commodity in such a society, you'll go far.

I do just fabulously thank you.

This is certainly not an issue so important as to demand answers and act like your rights are being taken away from you.

please.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    That was probably some bogus speculation. This is an Eddie Vedder solo concert, not an ITW movie screening.
    They were saying that the execs might have some ownership rights to the songs from the soundtrack.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    I'm not saying i NEED to know why or i'll die, it's just that i don't get why. This is obviously Ed's desicion, and i really can't imagine him thinking "i won't let my fans to get concerts of the music they love just because i say so".
    I'm just curious
  • Options
    exactly, and this is sure getting laboured now, but the one point remains, sure the lucky residents of the US east coast got the chance to get the shows, it wasnt so easy for us from all over the globe....so a sneaky listen to hwat we missed isnt so bad.....is it??