20th ANNIVERSARY VINYL + POSTER etc. FREE - WINNER

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited January 2011 in Lost Dogs
Hello friends..
The Greatest band ever have its 20th Anniversary today!!what a better way to celebrate it whit a contest for our community..
the winner will win a Binaural vinyl,a pj 2006 poster ,some dvds, t-shirt and other pj stuff..
all you need to do is post here why you like ,love,listen to Pearl Jam,what means for you ,e.t.c.

ill ship everywhere ,shipping cost on me of course..
ill make the lottery next Thursday 28th October 13:00 New york time -18:00 UK time - 20:00 Greece time
with the people posted in the thread.
one hour before that time is the final time someone can join,
at Thursday 28th..12:00 New York time -17:00 UK time - 19:00 Greece time
1st winner get all the (vinyl-poster dvds etc),,
maybe we have more winners too :lol:
If a friend post twice only his 1st post counts..
i hope the winner enjoy it.
cheers
Dimitris

PEACE , LOVE AND PEARL JAM FOREVER...

the winner takes:

1 BINAURAL VINYL
1 EUROPE 2006 POSTER DESIGNED BY BRAD KLAUSEN
1 2009 TEN OF CLUBS SHIRT NEW
1 BINAURAL CD SEALED
20 BOOTLEGS DVD ONE FROM EACH YEAR OF THOSE 20 YEARS
1 SECRET GIFT...WILL BE A SURPRISE TO THE WINNER...

AND AFTER SEE THE DRAW...I REALLY THINK THOSE FUCKIN MASSHOLES ARE SO LUCKY...

BIG WINNER IS:

U R A Crazy Breed

AND THERE IS NO 2ND-3RD WINNER....

ALL THE FRIENDS POST IN THE THREAD WINS A SMALL PJ GIFT..MUST BE 145 IF I COUNT THE POSTS RIGHT..
ILL PM YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADDRESS

THANK YOU ALL..WAS A PLEASURE TO READ YOUR POSTS..THANKS

PEACE,LOVE AND PEARL JAM FOREVER
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pearl Jam to me,is my religion, honestly. I need it daily, they have gotten me through some tough times in my life. Just as every true PJ fan can say, you need more, they are my drug. ;):D

Peace, <3, PJ 4ever!!!
  • Yield72Yield72 Posts: 193
    Pearl Jam is my life.... Can't spend a day without listen a PJ song.... Each music means something that happens with me and with my life.... Pearl Jam make me smile when I'm sad....
    I'm myself like you somehow.....
  • bobear05bobear05 St. Louis Posts: 740
    Pearl Jam is the best. Even their stuff that isn't that good is awsome! love them
    all and all it's no ones fault
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I like Pearl Jam because they're great to listen to while having sex. ;)

WINNER........give me the prize! Come on, Dimi. You know you want to! 8-)

*** Seriously though...saw Pearl Jam for the first time in 1995 when I was 15.5 years old....missed out on tickets and mum and dad surprised me with 2 tickets (three times face value :shock: ) after they secretly advertised in the Brisbane newspaper for me when they saw how devastated I was that I missed out....I couldn't fucking believe it!! That was the best thing anyone has ever done for me. I've seen every Australian tour since and travelled to New Zealand to see them....and met many close friends to me in the process...including my best mate!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEARL JAM! Changed my life when I was a kid in my teens....still changing my life in my 30s! :thumbup: :mrgreen::clap:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • 71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Pearl Jam knows the words I don't have and plays the melody of my heart & soul. In every way, happy and sad, hopeful and angry. They are in every move I make, in every thought that comes to my mind, every word to leave my lips is inspired by their truth, becomes my truth.
    I just LOVE them for what they are and for what they have done to me. Appreciate EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of your life, there's just this one.

You all know it's hard to find words to describe a feeling like love - it just is. And will always be.
  • GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    :o ...Guys like you Dimitris are a true sign of what this band is about - LOVE, shared with a community of people with a sense of humor and the balls to rock the shit out of everything :lol::)

So much to say...but words are never enough...so...

...Pearl Jam touch me deeply, their dedication and generosity, their true expression, writing songs again and again that become a part of my life like good friends who stay at your side when you are down...songs you can lean your head on, explore yourself with, argue with (I don't agree with everything, right ;-)), celebrate life with.

Let's celebrate PEARL JAM!!!

Thank you, Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt, Boom! ... and not to forget the two Daves and Jack ;-)
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    When everything has fade PJ has been my only constant, people has come and go but PJ remains, their music IS my eternal companion and there's always something to learn from the honesty of their lyrics.. There's sooo much to love that I couldn't find words to describe it!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Wow, where to start...

When I feel bad, I put on a PJ record and it makes me feel better.

When I feel good, I put on a PJ record and it makes me feel even better.

I guess that sums it up. :)

Oh, and let's not forget the awesome fans, exemplified here by D! :shock: ;)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    loved PJ since I first heard 'No Code' in '96. Now own all albums, and live stuff (ie gorge/benaroya hall) obviously I don't own all bootlegs just the shows i've been to, plus the two free down loads with Backspacer. Pearl Jam have got me through the bad times, good times and flat times. Since '96 have been the soundtrack to my life. Only seen them twice live (MEN '09 & Hyde Pk '10) but they were the best two gigs of my life. Can't wait until they come to UK again...
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    What does Pearl Jam mean to me?

*credits roll*
    but uh... everyone has already said it. they've been my constant companion since i was 14. they've outlasted so many people and i've met some of the best people in the world through loving them. they helped me get to sleep, woke me up, calmed me down, helped with exams, helped with getting my drivers licence, made me an artist, made me insanely excited and silly, broke my heart, made me ridiculously happy, made me proud to be a fan of a band that mattered, pumped me up, freaked me out, soothed the pain, challenged my brain, made me rhyme, all the time... it's just love. pure and sweet.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    I've grown up on Pearl Jam - my own soundtrack. They've gotten me through some serious stuff, and continue to do so today. They hit me on every emotional level. And they are far and away the best live act I've ever seen and ever will see.

Thanks for another great opportunity D! Been trying to get my hands on an affordable Binaural LP for a while. Good luck to everyone!
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    :shock:
    hard to explain...
    they're making me feel better when I have bad day
    actually I love them for everything... for music, generosity, love, their shows, how they treat fans, for making me cry and laugh, for being normal people... and much more
    I love them constantly since 2001, they just changed my life and still changing.
    And I love them for this community, for great and generous fans
    They're the best band in the world :D

Thanks for another chance Dimi and good luck to everyone!!! :clap::clap:
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
    doompony wrote:
    but uh... everyone has already said it. they've been my constant companion since i was 14. they've outlasted so many people and i've met some of the best people in the world through loving them.

Nawwww...You're talking about me, aren't you munky?! Huh, huh! :lol:
    doompony wrote:
    they helped me get to sleep, woke me up, calmed me down, helped with exams, helped with getting my drivers licence, made me an artist, made me insanely excited and silly, broke my heart, made me ridiculously happy, made me proud to be a fan of a band that mattered, pumped me up, freaked me out, soothed the pain, challenged my brain, made me rhyme, all the time... it's just love. pure and sweet.

Made me rhyme...all the time! :lol:
  • jmanjman Posts: 29
    Life is a hell of a long road, and as the saying goes in order to make God laugh, just make plans. Yet there are things in this life that we can take with us, that no matter what lies ahead, we can carry them inside and hold them close. These are the things that we can share, but that also help make us who we are.

Pearl Jam is one of those.

I'm rambling, so let me quote another one of those things:

Andy Dufresne: That's the beauty of music. They can't get that from you... Haven't you ever felt that way about music?
    Red: I played a mean harmonica as a younger man. Lost interest in it though. Didn't make much sense in here.
    Andy Dufresne: Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget.
    Red: Forget?
    Andy Dufresne: Forget that... there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.
    Red: What're you talking about?
    Andy Dufresne: Hope.

So thank you guys for all the good times had and yet to come, and for inspiring awesome acts of generosity like Dimitris' here with Jamily.

JR
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you"

"I got the rockin pneumonia, I need a shot of rythym and blues..."
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    but uh... everyone has already said it. they've been my constant companion since i was 14. they've outlasted so many people and i've met some of the best people in the world through loving them.

you are one of the people i'm referring to yes. heh. <3
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    Pearl Jam is my religion! The music can change the worst day into a beautiful one! I experience this every day! There is no other band/singer in the world that can bring me to tears or make me laugh like they do! All in all, its hard to explain my feelings but one thing is clear: I don't want to have a single day without their music! PJ is my life!!! :D

D, thank you sooo much! I can't believe you have all these collector items at home under your bed! You really managed to make a lot of the people here on this board very, very happy! BTW, I'm sooo tour horny! :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    doompony wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

you are one of the people i'm referring to yes. heh. <3

"One of?!" Don't you mean THE person..... ;)

C'mere for a cuddle!! *jumps on pony's lap* 8-)
  • jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    There's a depth, meaning and intensity to the music that's all to rare. Plus they're just fucking awesome live! :D
  • MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    For me their music is a celebration of life. Its a soundtrack to my life personally but its a path I know I share with a lot of people around the world. We all walk the long road.

Thanks D
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    they Have been a part pf my life since 1990. I can't really put my finger on what they mean to me. They are an important part of my high school days and my life now. Great idea D.
    This is Not For You
  • i listen to pj cause its one of the only real bands left
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i wouldnt even know how to sum it up. been a PJ freak since the beginning. Deep from the start and only getting better. couldnt live without them at this point. D is the man :mrgreen:
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• HarvtronHarvtron Posts: 148
    Greatest Band EVER!
    Thanks Pearl Jam, for all 20 meaningful years!
    Camden NJ night 1 6/19/2008 (one of the best days of my life!)

Music is the engine to my Imagination and Pearl Jam is the fuel for that engine.
  • Saw them for the first time at Lolla in '92 and was so far back I couldn't even see them but the music spoke for itself and that was it. Hooked ever since. Can't describe it like some of the others have here but they are a daily force in my life. And it has also brought me to this awesome group of people in the 10C, I've met some seriously great people without actually meeting them. That speaks volumes of what this group of men have done and have been doing for 20 yrs. :D
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    They are the greatest band ever...............
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    Pearl Jam found me when I was hoping to never be found and lifted me in a way I'd long since thought was impossibe.
  • This band to me is a family member. You may go a little while without seeing them, but they are only a call way. Or, in this case, one spin of the vinyl away.

Thanks again for your generosity.
    "When a person's soul is born in a country, nets are flung at it to hold it back from flight. You speak to me of nationality, language, religion. I shall try to fly past those nets." - James Joyce
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    There are too many reasons on why i love Pearl Jam. Their music inspires, it rocks, it makes you mad, happy, sad. Their music is awesome!!! Eddie Vedder is like the coolest person ever, plus he has the best voice ever!!! I can't enough of Pearl Jam, they are the best band on the earth!!! Thank you soooooo much Dimitris!!!!!! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!