Pearl Jam Super Bowl Board -- Completed Board and Address Request

Comments

• ringoringo Posts: 504
    9-9 at the end of the 1st quarter would require a minor miracle. Barring a missed PAT, that would mean 3 field goals per team -- essentially, 6 scoring possessions! It's very unlikely that both teams could make 6 scoring drives in one quarter.

And I agree that SOMEBODY will definitely win. I would prefer that we not have to revert to the third quarter score (hence my concern about 1-1), but I'd bet my life that we wouldn't have "blank" win all 4 quarters!

That would be a minor miracle. My logic was a little fuzzy last night after a few rum and cokes.
    d'oh
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    well my #s are not to bad this will be alot of fun thanks .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I have now received an address from everybody...so it looks like it's GAME ON!

This should be fun. Good luck to everybody!

PS - Go Giants!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • JamilyManJamilyMan Posts: 240
    can everyone please send all of their loot to meme, so she can send me everything neatly packaged in that gym bag when I win?!?

Thanks a lot!

;)

Seriously, good luck everyone!!! No matter who wins, this is a great pool - and a big THANK YOU to walkunafraid for running this!!!!

Good luck all
    For those who scoff at "Jamily" in my name... 9 years ago, when my first daughter was born there were jokes about whether my priority would be my family or PJ. I smiled and quipped "I am a JamilyMan." What was a family joke became a hated term among jammers. Didn't see that one coming!
  • This is the IRS. I certainly hope that you will all be reporting your gambling winnings as earned income or I will have to audit you all. Enjoy your game.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Well after I win I'll package anything I can into the ten club bag, (I already have one), and try to make a deal on a '98 Detroit poster! :)

Good luck everyone and big thanks to walkunafraid.

I think this could become a yearly event........
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    Wow, I didn't know we would get four chances a piece! Thanks a lot walkunafraid!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    Wow, I didn't know we would get four chances a piece! Thanks a lot walkunafraid!

We didn't get four chances two of yours are mine ;)
    d'oh
  • A little bump amid all the Bonnaroo threads for super sunday!
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • Almost game time. Good luck everyone!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    This city is going absolutely crazy.
    My team won.

And I am going to celebrate by listening and watching to A LOT of PJ goodies.

Oh what a night.

I think they heard me scream until Staten Island :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Congratulations to meme, who won with the Pats 4 / Giants 7 box.

I will PM everyone her address within the next 24 hours. Please send your item to her within the next 7 days.

Thanks to everyone who played!

(Although I lost, I'm psyched that the Giants won...so it's all good!)

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    meme wrote:
    This city is going absolutely crazy.
    My team won.

And I am going to celebrate by listening and watching to A LOT of PJ goodies.

Oh what a night.

I think they heard me scream until Staten Island :D

congrats to you damm lucky at least a NY 'ER won it so cool fantastic night indeed i can't stop smiling :D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    congrats to you damm lucky at least a NY 'ER won it so cool fantastic night indeed i can't stop smiling :D

All the CDs and DVDs and posters for your extra 10c ticket next MSG?

Yeah, didn't think so :)
    Congrats meme. As soon as you posted about having no idea how the whole worked I said to myself, "here's our winner", and lo and behold you won :D

Congrats again, I'll send out my boot as soon as walkunafraid sends out the info.

Would anyone be interested in a similar contest for March Madness?
    d'oh
  • ringo wrote:

Would anyone be interested in a similar contest for March Madness?

officepools.com is a really easy website where we can set up a scoring system and everyone can fill in their brackets. after the first game starts, you can see everyones picks for the whole tourney and up to the minute standings. its pretty good. and no max/min players...whoever enters brackets risks a boot....
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
    officepools.com is a really easy website where we can set up a scoring system and everyone can fill in their brackets. after the first game starts, you can see everyones picks for the whole tourney and up to the minute standings. its pretty good. and no max/min players...whoever enters brackets risks a boot....

It would definitely be done on a website. I guess I'll start up a thread closer to tourney time to see if there is enough interest.
    d'oh
    ringo wrote:
    Congrats meme. As soon as you posted about having no idea how the whole worked I said to myself, "here's our winner", and lo and behold you won :D

Ahah... thanks :)

I honestly think this is the first time I've won anything.
    Granted, I don't play much but I'm 36, dammit :D
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    meme wrote:
    Ahah... thanks :)

I honestly think this is the first time I've won anything.
    Granted, I don't play much but I'm 36, dammit :D

CONGRATS!!

I will get mine done and out sometime this week as well! GOOD JOB!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • I have sent out meme's address to all participants of the board. Please post here when you have sent out her package. I will also be asking meme to post here when she has received each of our packages.

Thanks again to everybody who played!

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    ringo wrote:
    It would definitely be done on a website. I guess I'll start up a thread closer to tourney time to see if there is enough interest.

There is a group every year from the Message Pit on Yahoo's Tourney Pick 'em. The limit is 50 people in a group and there are usually close to that number who participate.
    Brian
  • Congrats meme! Mine will be going out tomorrow :)
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Congrats! I thought about participating in this but I was unsure if I could get my hands on anything someone would want (I have boots but not willing to give em up).

Anyway, I'm in next year, and if someone wants to do a March Madness thing along similar lines, then count me in :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
    Congrats! I thought about participating in this but I was unsure if I could get my hands on anything someone would want (I have boots but not willing to give em up).

Can I confess something?

I was in the same situation, and then I realized that I did have a handful of things (never the music, for me :D) that I regretted buying. On top of my list... the Tenclub sports bag... green and yellow, oh so green and yellow :).
    Did you realize it was that one? I was so surprised when people were fine with it. Anyway... I guess I'm just stuck with it :)
  • meme wrote:
    Can I confess something?

I was in the same situation, and then I realized that I did have a handful of things (never the music, for me :D) that I regretted buying. On top of my list... the Tenclub sports bag... green and yellow, oh so green and yellow :).
    Did you realize it was that one? I was so surprised when people were fine with it. Anyway... I guess I'm just stuck with it :)

I've always liked the sports bag, and I'm a pretty big gym rat, so it would come in handy. Would you be interested in trading something for it?

I've always liked the sports bag, and I'm a pretty big gym rat, so it would come in handy. Would you be interested in trading something for it?

Well,

1. you just had a birthday,
    2. you just provided a lot of entertainment for all of us with the PJ survivor
    3. I would not be receiving shit were it not for your fun idea of a PJ Super Bowl Board
    4. I have benefited from a few very kind freebie offers (you know who you are :)) and it will be a while before I figure out how to burn DVDs and manage to reciprocate.
    5. You can tell I'm not too fond of the bag in the first place :D

I'll send it to you!
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Congrats Meme! And what a sweetheart you are for giving your 10c bag away, I personally use mine all the time and like it in an ugly sort of way :)

I mailed my prize at 11:30am EST, Tuesday morning. You should receive it by Friday.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    I just dropped off my boot, soon to be meme's, at the post office.

Enjoy!
    d'oh
  • DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I'll mail my boot soon Cingrats Meme!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Going out in todays mail....2-6-8....Congratulations!!

and to walkunafraid....

...Thanks for organizing the whole thing...It was fun...Hope to participate in another down the road! ::
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12