Pearl Jam Super Bowl Board -- Completed Board and Address Request

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited February 2008 in The Porch
The PJ Super Bowl board has officially closed. We managed to get 24 total participants, which means that all but 4 spots on the board will be in play. In the case that Sunday's winning numbers fall on one of the blank spots, we will revert to the end-of-3rd-quarter score to determine our winner (and so on, if the same case falls for the 3rd quarter score). That means that SOMEBODY will win a bunch of great Pearl Jam stuff, guaranteed!

Here's a quick summary of the participants for the board, and what they have offered:

1. walkunafraid (me) -- Seattle, Washington 11/6/2000 (#72) package RECEIVED
2. pjtradeking -- 12-2-06 Hawaii (DVD) -- package RECEIVED
3. BlackCorduroy -- Jones Beach 8/25/00 -- package RECEIVED
4. DirtyYellowOcean -- Fargo ND '03 -- package RECEIVED
5. Josevolution -- HAMBURG 26/6/00 -- package RECEIVED
6. Ofthegirl99 -- Dallas 10.17.2000 #58 -- package RECEIVED
7. LoveBoatCapt0226 -- 3/3/ 2003 Tokyo Japan -- package RECEIVED
8. URthekey -- State College PA 5/3/03 -- package RECEIVED
9. ReleaseMe -- Long Island. Nassau Colesieum. '03 -- package RECEIVED
10. Ringo -- London 5/29/00 -- package RECEIVED
11. Solat13 -- the Trocadero in Philly vcd 4/10/92 -- package RECEIVED
12. faithful227 -- Virginia Beach, Virginia / August 3, 2000 / #26 -- package RECEIVED
13. adissident -- #10 Perth 2003 -- package RECEIVED
14. Jamilyman -- Philadelphia 10/3/2005 (DVD) -- package RECEIVED
15. meme -- tenclub sports bag -- WINNER!
16. SteveDunne -- August 6, 2000 Paris France -- package RECEIVED
17. NCIrie -- 8-4-00 Charlotte, NC -- package RECEIVED
18. pearljim -- 2000-06-28 Stockholm Sweden, show #24 -- package RECEIVED
19. Tangerine -- Vic Preset DVD and the Lolla 07 DVD -- package RECEIVED
20. msujammer -- CCFA Gorge posters -- package RECEIVED
21. rrivers -- 7/9/03 NY official boot -- package RECEIVED
22. skere26 -- Atlanta bootleg 8/7/2000 -- package RECEIVED
23. raystrey -- Portland CCFA poster -- package promised/pending
24. pjscreamer -- Cardiiff offical tour Boot 6/6/00 -- package RECEIVED

Edit: The board has been completed and uploaded in microsoft word (.doc) format. It can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JU3KFLGR

It can also be seen (without downloading) here: http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/martinezmontclair/?action=view&current=pjsuperbowlboard.jpg

If anyone has any problems downloading the file, please let me know and I will do what I can to get it to you!

What I need from all the participants now is your mailing address and e-mail address. Please private message me with that information as soon as possible. I must have your mailing address before Sunday if you are to remain a part of the board. Please make sure the mailing address you give me is the correct address that you want people to send your items to in case you win, because you may not change the address after the game ends.

After the Super Bowl, I will PM all participants with the mailing address of the winner so that all the non-winners can send the appropriate item. Of course, it is implied that this will happen in a reasonable time.

Any suggestions or objections, please feel free to post in this thread, or just help me bump it up from time to time so that all participants will see it.

Thanks!
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Keeping in on the first page!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    bump :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • ringoringo Posts: 504
    good morning bump
    d'oh
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    updated info. still need 15 more!

board should be made and posted sometime today...

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,119
    There's a Vic DVD???
  • Jason P wrote:
    There's a Vic DVD???

Only the preset I believe.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    updated. only 9 more addresses needed!

• pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    PM sent
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    updated. i only need 6 more addresses.

i have completed the board, but i won't be able to upload it until i get home.

is microsoft word format okay with everyone?

• DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    fine by me...
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• updated. i only need 6 more addresses.

i have completed the board, but i won't be able to upload it until i get home.

is microsoft word format okay with everyone?

ok with me :) thanks, can't wait to see it!
    Word works for me, can't wait for my numbers.
    d'oh
  • just for fun, but wondering.....what numbers would you choose if you picked an ideal box?

football is so friggin random, i might go with a 34-18 final, so 4-8, but that certainly doesnt sound like a winning box
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    Word also works for me as well.
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
    just for fun, but wondering.....what numbers would you choose if you picked an ideal box?

football is so friggin random, i might go with a 34-18 final, so 4-8, but that certainly doesnt sound like a winning box

generally, i would say 1's, 0's, and 7's, are pretty common ending numbers in football scores...but like you say, football is so random, i wouldn't be surprised if any of those are an ending number in the Superbowl. that's the beauty of this board! any number can win. :)

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    pm sent
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    bump

Edit: The board has been completed and uploaded in microsoft word (.doc) format. It can be downloaded here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JU3KFLGR

It can also be seen (without downloading) here: http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/martinezmontclair/?action=view&current=pjsuperbowlboard.jpg

If anyone has any problems downloading the file, please let me know and I will do what I can to get it to you!

As promised, I pulled all numbers and names on the board out of a box, at random. I hope everyone is satisfied with their numbers and optimistic about their chances of winning.

Good luck to you all!

I have no idea what that means :D

I decided to partake when I heard numbers would be randomly assigned.
    I would be very grateful if anyone could spare a few minutes and explain to me what I should be hoping for :o
    Well, what more could I hope for? I got a good mix of numbers, with Pats 1 and G-men 0 being the best IMO.

NY - NE
    0 1
    7 9
    8 6
    2 5

And with where the blanks landed I guarantee someone will win.
    d'oh
    meme wrote:

I would be very grateful if anyone could spare a few minutes and explain to me what I should be hoping for :o

You want the final score for each team to end with the numbers that you have. For example, you have Pats 4 and Giants 7. You want to see final scores like:

Patriots 24
    Giants 7

Patriots 14
    Giants 17

or any other combination of Pats 4 and Giants 7
    d'oh
    meme wrote:

It's pretty simple. You have four boxes on the board. Each box represents a Patriots number (along the top) and a Giants number (along the side).

When the Super Bowl is over, the final score will determine the winner of the board. Simply look at the final number in the amount of points the Patriots score, and the final number in the amount the Giants score, and match them up in the grid.

For example, you have a box in the first row that is under the Patriots' 4 and across from the Giants' 7. That means that if the final score ends up with the Patriots scoring in a number ending with 4 (4, 14, 24, etc.) and the Giants scoring in a number ending with 7 (7, 17, 27, etc.) then you win.

A good for score for you, then, would be something like Patriots 24, Giants 17.

I hope that is clear. Let me know if you need further explanation.

Hey, did you all notice how the blanks fell on pretty tough numbers overall? The 1-1 box I'm kind of worried about (31-21, etc., seems a pretty common score), but otherwise I would be surprised to see a 9-9 or 5-5. Not bad, if I must say so myself!

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    It will be 27-17 anyhow, so 5 and 9 wont even come into play!!! :D
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    And each one of us has 4 combinations of numbers, mine being

P4, G7
    P7, G8
    P4, G6
    P3, G5

correct?

meme wrote:
    And each one of us has 4 combinations of numbers, mine being

P4, G7
    P7, G8
    P4, G6
    P3, G5

correct?

Correct!

Hey, did you all notice how the blanks fell on pretty tough numbers overall? The 1-1 box I'm kind of worried about (31-21, etc., seems a pretty common score), but otherwise I would be surprised to see a 9-9 or 5-5. Not bad, if I must say so myself!

Absolutely, that's why I guaranteed a winner. Even if the games ends 31-21, I really doubt any of the previous quarters would be any of the other blanks.

That is, unless the score at the end of the 1st quarter is 31-21 and then no more scoring but the odds of that happening are very slim.

I guess worse case scenario is a score of 9-9 at the end of the 1st quarter and then a final of something like 19-9 or 29-9.

Then again, anything could happen.
    d'oh
    ringo wrote:
    Absolutely, that's why I guaranteed a winner. Even if the games ends 31-21, I really doubt any of the previous quarters would be any of the other blanks.

That is, unless the score at the end of the 1st quarter is 31-21 and then no more scoring but the odds of that happening are very slim.

I guess worse case scenario is a score of 9-9 at the end of the 1st quarter and then a final of something like 19-9 or 29-9.

Then again, anything could happen.

9-9 at the end of the 1st quarter would require a minor miracle. Barring a missed PAT, that would mean 3 field goals per team -- essentially, 6 scoring possessions! It's very unlikely that both teams could make 6 scoring drives in one quarter.

And I agree that SOMEBODY will definitely win. I would prefer that we not have to revert to the third quarter score (hence my concern about 1-1), but I'd bet my life that we wouldn't have "blank" win all 4 quarters!

• not bad
    Pats NY
    4 1
    4 4
    3 8
    2 4
  • I got a decent set of numbers, this should be fun.