Pearl Jam Super Bowl Board -- Completed Board and Address Request

12346»

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,693
    You mean some people sent burned copies? That sucks. I thought that was clearly emphasized many times. :(

I guess next time we'll have to [size=+6]make it blatantly obvious![/size]

Two people sent burned copies and one sent an official boot in jewel cases.
    Honestly, it wasn't a big deal for me, but in the interest of fairness we should be pickier next time :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    that is crap if someone did that ,it was very clear to me that only official boots would be sent wich i know i did .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • that is crap if someone did that ,it was very clear to me that only official boots would be sent wich i know i did .....

I agree. I just reviewed the official rules that were posted, and they VERY CLEARLY stated that only official boots would be accepted.

This makes me kind of pissed off and pessimistic about future boards.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    I agree. I just reviewed the official rules that were posted, and they VERY CLEARLY stated that only official boots would be accepted.

Well, I don't know... if you think about it, it's a 10percent semi-default rate.

Did I just kill future boards? :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686

I agree. I wouldn't say I'm pissed off, but that is what the rules clearly stated. When I debated joining this game, I went through all my official, original boots to see if I was willing to give one up.

I think the people who didn't send the right ones should resend meme the official ones or be taken off the board as not having sent their package. In my mind, they didn't hold up their end of the bargain. That is what was cool about the game, that you had a chance to win all this official stuff.

Just my thoughts.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • meme wrote:
    Package received, thank you :)

I would not have mentioned this, but since it looks like we are doing this again, I would perhaps next time really emphasize the fact that the bootlegs are supposed to be the official ones, in the original package.

Most people did this, but a couple must have overlooked this requirement :)

This is exactly why I was sorta stingy with what I would have accepted in the first place, the burned copies, the DVD boots recorded by fans :(.....Next time it should be absolutely nothing but official PJ merch....posters,DVD's, CD's, Clothing.....so on and so on........agreed?
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I love many of the fan made dvds - especially of the shows I've been to. True some are bad quality but Wachovia 05, the San Fran trio from 06, Honolulu from 06 and others are just great as they mix video with the music from the official bootleg. I'd rather have them than bootlegs because if I want to hear a show I can always just on pearljamlive.com and take a listen.

And besides with the fact that the band doesn't even release official bootlegs anymore - just digital downloads - I haven't bought any since 2003.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • it wasnt BLANTANLY OBVIOUS to me....sorry, holy shit i didnt know it was the end of the world anyway--rivers, walk, jose....i hope i can bow down and ask for your forgiveness. so stop acting like the TWO of us did it on purpose

by the words "official boot" i just thought it meant the ones they sold in the stores, not that some guy taped with a cassette recorder from the upper level.

i thought it was about the music and the quality of the recording. i would have sent my original copy had i known it was important that it had a star and track listings.

send my burnt back and i will gladly give my originals

ps- i know meme said it didnt matter much to her, but everyone else is making a federal case
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • it wasnt BLANTANLY OBVIOUS to me....sorry, holy shit i didnt know it was the end of the world anyway--rivers, walk, jose....i hope i can bow down and ask for your forgiveness. so stop acting like the TWO of us did it on purpose

by the words "official boot" i just thought it meant the ones they sold in the stores, not that some guy taped with a cassette recorder from the upper level.

i thought it was about the music and the quality of the recording. i would have sent my original copy had i known it was important that it had a star and track listings.

ps- i know meme said it didnt matter much to her, but everyone else is making a federal case

Look, I don't want to get snippy about this. But it was explicitly stated in the rules for the board that no burned copies would be allowed. Here is what the rule stated, word by word, copied and pasted from the sign-up thread:
    5. You MUST pledge an OFFICIAL PJ bootleg when you sign up. That means no burned copies; I want to make this worthwhile for us collectors! If you don't have any OFFICIAL PJ boots, you can offer something of equal or greater value (a poster, DVD, etc.), and we can collectively decide whether to let you in or not.

The link to the thread can be seen here: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=270750. Obviously, the rules are in the very first post.

I'm sure someone else can address the issue of why an original, official boot is much preferred over a burned copy (for myriad reasons). In any case, whether it makes a difference to you is not the point; the issue is that rules were clearly stated, and you did not follow them. That is unfair to others on the board who did follow through with the requirements for the board.

On that note, I appreciate your offer to send the official boot in place of the burned copy. I'm sure meme will oblige and send the burned copy back. That little gesture will make this alright with me, and hopefully with everyone else. :)

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Solat13 wrote:
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I love many of the fan made dvds - especially of the shows I've been to. True some are bad quality but Wachovia 05, the San Fran trio from 06, Honolulu from 06 and others are just great as they mix video with the music from the official bootleg. I'd rather have them than bootlegs because if I want to hear a show I can always just on pearljamlive.com and take a listen.

And besides with the fact that the band doesn't even release official bootlegs anymore - just digital downloads - I haven't bought any since 2003.

Perhaps Im missing something....are there any free copies of these specific DVD's out there? I can usually only watch for about 2 minutes and then I just have to look away....

In my opinion....

Good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C3wkq_FOQY

Bad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meeETffwC0E

It wasnt obvious?.......
  • pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    WOW!!

How quickly this turned ugly....:eek:
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
    it wasnt BLANTANLY OBVIOUS to me....sorry, holy shit i didnt know it was the end of the world anyway--rivers, walk, jose....i hope i can bow down and ask for your forgiveness. so stop acting like the TWO of us did it on purpose

it's not the end of the world but i followed all the rules like evryone else ....
  • ok, so obviously some people have not read my entire post where i said i did not do it on purpose

seems to me like you are just scanning my post---just like i did scanning the rules

i am saying my bad for not reading every sentence, and how when i saw the word "official", thought it just meant real version of the show

i didnt BREAK the rules, i just did not read them word for word...MY BAD

sorry to the holier-than-thou people who never made a mistake (jose et al)

and to me, the only OFFICIAL DVDs are TB2k, IIC, and Showbox....those are the only ones that i even know exsist, i could be off, but pj doesnt sell dvds of every show, do they? (not sarcastic, i just think not)......so if someone sent a camcorder dvd, that seems like "breaking" the rules to me

routine was the theme..

ok, so obviously some people have not read my entire post where i said i did not do it on purpose

seems to me like you are just scanning my post---just like i did scanning the rules

i am saying my bad for not reading every sentence, and how when i saw the word "official", thought it just meant real version of the show

i didnt BREAK the rules, i just did not read them word for word...MY BAD

sorry to the holier-than-thou people who never made a mistake (jose et al)

please why do you keep calling my name i didn't even know it was you till you fessed up wich by the way i find honorable & you telling meme you would send her the original is also very nice of you ,i'm not the law on this stupid board i play along like evryone else now i'm done with this .....peace
  • please why do you keep calling my name i didn't even know it was you till you fessed up wich by the way i find honorable & you telling meme you would send her the original is also very nice of you ,i'm not the law on this stupid board i play along like evryone else now i'm done with this .....peace
    thanks peace

routine was the theme..

it wasnt BLANTANLY OBVIOUS to me. so stop acting like the TWO of us did it on purpose

I didn't say you did it on purpose. My post was very even keeled. It doesn't matter if you "thought it was about the music" or "it was important that it had a star and track listing". Walkunafraid spelled out the rules very clearly. You didn't read them and now you are pissed for people calling you out on it.
    Solat13 wrote:

I agree. I think these should be included in future contests, as they are cool things not a lot of us might have.
  • Okay, could we please avoid any acrimonious name-calling or anger here?

Some people made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes; as long at those mistakes are corrected, no harm done.

As long as the individuals who sent a burned copy of the show, instead of an official one, are willing to fix their error, then everything is kool and the gang here.

I had a lot of fun with this board, and I don't want the follow-up to ruin any future boards. So let's just all take a deep breath and get mistakes fixed, and all will be fine.

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    updated

• ringoringo Posts: 504
    So based on the first post it looks like almost everything has worked out.

Is a NCAA Final board still in the works?
    d'oh
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    ringo wrote:
    So based on the first post it looks like almost everything has worked out.

Is a NCAA Final board still in the works?

Yes! Probably just for the Championship game...

I know there was another PJ board for filling out brackets...anybody know if that's still in the works?