Options

Celebrate Kurt today!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    long red wrote:
    celebrate Kurt? How? Should I take heroin and shoot myself in the face?

HA HA

sorry, I found this VERY AMUSING!

I didnt even put 2 and 2 together that He died on Mikes bday
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Kurt? ehh i could care less about him. How about celebrating Layne.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    pjfan85 wrote:
    Alice in Chains were bigger than Nirvana at the time of Cobain's death.

Are you retarded?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    OptrexOptrex Posts: 31
    Still feels like yesterday that I read Kurt had been found dead, can't believe its been 18 years, still listen to Nirvana at least once a day when my Pod is on shuffle.

Layne's passing was extremely sad, AIC were an amazing band, extremely under-rated in my opinion. Sad that Layne couldn't kick the habit, the needle and the damage done I say. Eddies lost dog song was so fitting as well.

But I do need to express something and I think its fitting under this post.
    Kurt gave up on life( ok yes he could have been murdered but I think the events leading up to his death were sure signs that he had major problems)

Kurt turned his back on his wife, child, family, friends, his band and himself.
    Not like I knew the guy, heck I was 13 and lived in a tinpot town in New Zealand at the time, and who knows what the actual reason why he committed suicide, his suicide letter explained a few things, but I'm sure there must have been someone close to him that could have helped him out at the time. I'm sure drugs must have really fucked him over mentally and physically, perhaps the people around him that could have helped him were too wrapped up with drugs as well, perhaps fame was more of a damaging drug and perhaps Kurt just couldn't swallow it down that well.

I'm sure what I've said is nothing new and I'm not trying to upset anyone with my opinions.

The biggest thing I'm grateful of is that the biggest band in 1994, those members being Mike, Dave A, Stone and Eddie didn't crack at the time and do something really stupid. I'm sure all five of them must have had a hell of a time dealing with the fame, money, touring life, being elevated above others and Kurts passing must have really got to them.
    I'm so glad that PJ didn't give up and are still around to this day making amazing music and so generous to their adoring fans.

RIP Kurt and Layne.
  • Options
    Optrex wrote:
    Still feels like yesterday that I read Kurt had been found dead, can't believe its been 18 years, still listen to Nirvana at least once a day when my Pod is on shuffle.

Layne's passing was extremely sad, AIC were an amazing band, extremely under-rated in my opinion. Sad that Layne couldn't kick the habit, the needle and the damage done I say. Eddies lost dog song was so fitting as well.

But I do need to express something and I think its fitting under this post.
    Kurt gave up on life( ok yes he could have been murdered but I think the events leading up to his death were sure signs that he had major problems)

Kurt turned his back on his wife, child, family, friends, his band and himself.
    Not like I knew the guy, heck I was 13 and lived in a tinpot town in New Zealand at the time, and who knows what the actual reason why he committed suicide, his suicide letter explained a few things, but I'm sure there must have been someone close to him that could have helped him out at the time. I'm sure drugs must have really fucked him over mentally and physically, perhaps the people around him that could have helped him were too wrapped up with drugs as well, perhaps fame was more of a damaging drug and perhaps Kurt just couldn't swallow it down that well.

I'm sure what I've said is nothing new and I'm not trying to upset anyone with my opinions.

The biggest thing I'm grateful of is that the biggest band in 1994, those members being Mike, Dave A, Stone and Eddie didn't crack at the time and do something really stupid. I'm sure all five of them must have had a hell of a time dealing with the fame, money, touring life, being elevated above others and Kurts passing must have really got to them.
    I'm so glad that PJ didn't give up and are still around to this day making amazing music and so generous to their adoring fans.

RIP Kurt and Layne.

I second this (well not all of it, but most of it)...someone here has it correct!!!
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • Options
    Light a candle. Crank some old Nirvana (Incesticide or Bleach if you have them). Wear your oldest t-shirt, crappiest sneakers, and dust off the flannel!!!

you forgot, shoot up some H and load the shotgun
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    Are you retarded?
    No, Allan Cross is, blame him. He is the host of the radio show where I heard it. Maybe Nirvana were bigger. I think it's closer than you think, though.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    he didn't commit suicide

the amount of herion he had in his bloodstream meant it impossible for him to even hold a shotgun. Where is Claire, she knows everything about the Kurt death situation.?
  • Options
    brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    pjfan85 wrote:
    No, Allan Cross is, blame him. He is the host of the radio show where I heard it. Maybe Nirvana were bigger. I think it's closer than you think, though.

No. Sorry to say, it wasn't even close. Nirvana was huge!!! Alice in Chains was and still is very under rated. I was 18 in 1994 and remember the decade like it was yesterday.

Everyone listened to Nirvana whereas only rock music listeners listened to AIC. (for the most part)

I like Alan Cross. I can't believe he would say something so outlandish.
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    I BrisK I wrote:
    he didn't commit suicide

the amount of herion he had in his bloodstream meant it impossible for him to even hold a shotgun. Where is Claire, she knows everything about the Kurt death situation.?

there is an argument that he had built up a very strong tolerance of the drug which would of made it possible for him to hold a shotgun
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    Fuck Kurt and Fuck Nirvana....the only good thing that came out of Nirvana was Dave Grohl and his persistance to make music via the Foo Fighters....
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'd rather celebrate Mike's Birthday today
    SNAP! thats what i came here to post!!!! yeyah!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    pjfan85pjfan85 Posts: 124
    brandon10 wrote:
    No. Sorry to say, it wasn't even close. Nirvana was huge!!! Alice in Chains was and still is very under rated. I was 18 in 1994 and remember the decade like it was yesterday.

Everyone listened to Nirvana whereas only rock music listeners listened to AIC. (for the most part)

I like Alan Cross. I can't believe he would say something so outlandish.
    Yeah, he said AIC and Soundgarden were selling about equal, ahead of Nirvana, trailing only PJ. I wish I was 18 in '94, you're lucky.
  • Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    I still have my unused ticket for Nirvanas 8th April 1994 gig in Dublin.
    Really pissed off I never got to see them.

I was sooooo close!!

Heard the ticket could be valuable. Not sure though.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    Optrex wrote:
    Still feels like yesterday that I read Kurt had been found dead, can't believe its been 18 years,

probably because it's been 14 years.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    WEAPONX24 wrote:
    Fuck Kurt and Fuck Nirvana....the only good thing that came out of Nirvana was Dave Grohl and his persistance to make music via the Foo Fighters....

anyone who would say or think something like this has NO idea what Pearl Jam is all about, how they feel about Nirvana and their influence on them. they would have nothing to do with someone who made a pronouncement like that. Ed and Kurt didn't necessarily get along well, but they had made their peace before Kurt died, and Ed has a major reverence for Nirvana's music. don't be surprised if he ends up inducting them into the RRHOF when they go in.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Milk It
    God Smack

Thanks for these ^^^
    If I could only have one from each band these are it.
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    probably because it's been 14 years.

:D
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I don't think about him much now.The further removed the more my opinion is he was a self fullfilling prophecy.A shameless whiny "I had a shitty childhood" therefore I have no worth rant.
    Havn't listened to them in years and wonder if I'll ever choose to again.
    *prepares flame retardent suit* awaiting the scorching to begin.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    4-5-94

Light a candle. Crank some old Nirvana (Incesticide or Bleach if you have them). Wear your oldest t-shirt, crappiest sneakers, and dust off the flannel!!!

We miss you.

p.s. I don't give a fuck if this post is on the wrong board.

flannel is in my regular rotation along with cardigan sweaters. dont hate.

rip kurdt
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Wow, 14 years already.

The PJ/Nirvana rivalry has always been stupid...its still stupid.

Time to crank some Lounge Act.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    much respect to a man who might have been the best song writer I've ever heard. A Bob Dylan of the 90's. Their music changed a generation, single handily. You may not agree w/ that statement, and that's o.k.. I will now throw one of the top 10 rock albums of all time in the player, Nevermind, I can't find it......
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    anyone here go to the 1994 vigil near the space needle

I was at the vigil. I heard Kurt committed suicide on the radio. Totally in shock. My husband and I drove to Seattle and parked at the Seattle Center, just knowing that people would probably go there. Everyone was gathering by the fountain...lots of candles, crying, & the quietest crowd ever. It was like it was wrong to whisper.

Courtney Love ended up coming towards the evening, giving thanks for everybody coming out and remembering Kurt. Hubby and I hung around till about dark, then went home. People were still there when we left.

RIP Kurt
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    walkthamilewalkthamile Posts: 349
    pjfan85 wrote:
    Alice in Chains were bigger than Nirvana at the time of Cobain's death.

Even though I think it is totally irrelevant, I'm not too sure about that buddy!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    anyone who would say or think something like this has NO idea what Pearl Jam is all about, how they feel about Nirvana and their influence on them. they would have nothing to do with someone who made a pronouncement like that. Ed and Kurt didn't necessarily get along well, but they had made their peace before Kurt died, and Ed has a major reverence for Nirvana's music. don't be surprised if he ends up inducting them into the RRHOF when they go in.

ok first off you know absolutely jack shit about me or my ties to Pearl Jam...I never stated I knew how they felt or viewed the subject because, well, I'M NOT THEM...second they were a shit band...Im sick of hearing how everyone says what a great fucking band they were only AFTER Cobain decided to end his life...get the fuck over it!
  • Options
    danedane Posts: 1,062
    Didn't see this thread 'till today. But I immediately thought that atleast half of the post would be hatefull. And sure enough, they were. And that's just sad!
    Everybody's free to feel whatever they want about Nirvana and Kurt. But the heroin and shoot yourself in the head remarks are just sad and evidence of a really ugly view on life.
    And all though Kurt was an addict and Nirvana's last shows were marked by that, he was still a great musician and had a great influence on the scene and the fans.
    So think what you will, but don't spit on his grave and disrespect his legend.

I put on Milk It, cranked the stereo way up and thought of what a weird place Kurt must have been in, when he wrote that.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Options
    sliversliver Posts: 74
    without nirvana
    i'd never know Pj
    thank you kurt
    rip
    Faithful, to you