The Golf Thread

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    The Fisher v Overton match could be the decider. If Fisher can get a half then that could be it.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Our only chance is to flip one of those Euro flags to USA.

Going to have to be Mahan and it's not going to be easy.
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I've been looking for my ball everywhere...
    Here it is in the scrub.
    **lines her club up to the ball, sights the green, thinks she can get the ball close to the flag from here, sights the green, thinks she can get the ball close to the flag from here, lines the club and ball up, she thinks she can get the ball close to the flag from here, lines it up and swings**

Here it is in the scrub.
    **lines her club up to the ball, sights the green, thinks she can get the ball close to the flag from here, sights the green, thinks she can get the ball close to the flag from here, lines the club and ball up, she thinks she can get the ball close to the flag from here, lines it up and swings**

no wonder Tiger found something else to do.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Jo wrote:
    Here it is in the scrub.

Here it is in the scrub.

:lol: I notice you say she and her so it's women's golf your talking about. That should be banned.
    Has he had a sex change?
  • BIEBER DRILLS IT!!!!!!!! WE MIGHT WIN THIS THING!!!!!!! COME ON HUNTER, DONT FUCK THIS UP!!!!!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    This is awesome. Come on Mahan!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    c'mon hunter!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Super chip hnter...perfect time for a chili dip
    Ah well. Was fun though.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... that was crazy ... can't believe fowler came back to half ...

mahan definitely felt the pressure there ... mcdowell just a bit more mentally tough! ...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Fuck europe

:P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Congrats to Europe for a hard-fought and well-earned win. That was exciting down the stretch and like polaris said, Graeme was just a little more mentally tough than Hunter. Cheers to the US for never giving up and fighting till the end, but hats off to Europe and Monty.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    I was in the Outer Banks of North Carolina this past weekend for a wedding and had the opportunity to play at The Currituck Club in Corolla. Very nice course but a bit pricey. We got on for $100 (plus $50 for rental clubs) which is a discount from the normal rate. I would recommend it if you're in the area and don't mind spending the money. I typically don't spend that kind of cash on golf but it was for a special occasion and the groom really wanted to play. I'm glad I did.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    My timing sucks. I just came back from a meeting and it's all over.

Here's to the next one, I hope it's as tight as this again.

jippie.gifyahoo0ga.gif
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    adam42381 wrote:
    I was in the Outer Banks of North Carolina this past weekend for a wedding and had the opportunity to play at The Currituck Club in Corolla. Very nice course but a bit pricey. We got on for $100 (plus $50 for rental clubs) which is a discount from the normal rate. I would recommend it if you're in the area and don't mind spending the money. I typically don't spend that kind of cash on golf but it was for a special occasion and the groom really wanted to play. I'm glad I did.

I love the seclusion of Corolla NC, even though I miss the wild horses that once roamed the area. Yes in Corolla they have the best putt putt course I've ever played. You play on natural grass all 18 holes. The ocean there is almost as nice as it is here in the Palm Beaches FL.

Peace

m_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    ok ... so, my buddies and i have been going to myrtle beach in february for the last 13 years (with two trips to florida in there including last year) ... can anyone suggest another destination that will have decent weather and as good of a value as myrtle is?

we typically play 4 rds and stay 4 nights and can get greens/carts/accommodations (condo villas) and breakfast buffet for like $375 US pp and we typically play premium courses - not necessarily pebble beach kind but just below it ...
    g under p wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

I love the seclusion of Corolla NC, even though I miss the wild horses that once roamed the area. Yes in Corolla they have the best putt putt course I've ever played. You play on natural grass all 18 holes. The ocean there is almost as nice as it is here in the Palm Beaches FL.

Peace

m_96608313e6921779ba975517418a92b0.gif
    We stayed on the remote north end of Corolla. We actually had to drive about 2 miles on the beach to get to the house where we stayed. The access was by 4 wheel drive only. We saw a few wild horses around the house which was pretty cool. I'd never been there before but I would definitely recommend the Corolla area if you are looking for privacy and seclusion.
    polaris_x wrote:
    ok ... so, my buddies and i have been going to myrtle beach in february for the last 13 years (with two trips to florida in there including last year) ... can anyone suggest another destination that will have decent weather and as good of a value as myrtle is?

we typically play 4 rds and stay 4 nights and can get greens/carts/accommodations (condo villas) and breakfast buffet for like $375 US pp and we typically play premium courses - not necessarily pebble beach kind but just below it ...
    The Pinehurst area of NC has a ton of good golf vacation deals. Also, Naples, Florida is an excellent golf destination but the prices are a bit high if you go in February. If you wait until Summer you can get some excellent deals.
    adam42381 wrote:
    The Pinehurst area of NC has a ton of good golf vacation deals. Also, Naples, Florida is an excellent golf destination but the prices are a bit high if you go in February. If you wait until Summer you can get some excellent deals.

thx ... we go in february cuz it's pretty cheap in myrtle and it's the perfect time to get away from the short days of winter and usually get a bit of sun ...

we played amelia island last year and it was not too bad cuz it's all you can play golf there ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

thx ... we go in february cuz it's pretty cheap in myrtle and it's the perfect time to get away from the short days of winter and usually get a bit of sun ...

we played amelia island last year and it was not too bad cuz it's all you can play golf there ...
    No problem. Below I've included a link to the company we've used in the past to book our Pinehurst vacations. You can upgrade to some really nice courses through them. It's best to call them and let them know exactly what you're looking for so they can get you the best recommendations. From their list of courses, I'd recommend The Pit and The Carolina. Mid Pines and Pine Needles are supposed to be very good but I haven't played them.

http://www.condotelsofpinehurst.com/
    adam42381 wrote:
    No problem. Below I've included a link to the company we've used in the past to book our Pinehurst vacations. You can upgrade to some really nice courses through them. It's best to call them and let them know exactly what you're looking for so they can get you the best recommendations. From their list of courses, I'd recommend The Pit and The Carolina. Mid Pines and Pine Needles are supposed to be very good but I haven't played them.

thx again ... just a bit worried about the weather in february there tho ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

thx again ... just a bit worried about the weather in february there tho ...
    Understandable. It can be a bit cool in February. Myrtle Beach may be your best bet for weather/pricing during that time of year.

Edit: what's up Adam? Hope things are well down South.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    metsfan wrote:
    Fuck europe

typical American :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    dunkman wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Fuck europe

typical American :mrgreen:
    haha

nah europe was money this ryder cup. i'll give credit where it's due.

montie built a great team. i'll give the son of a bitch prick that much credit.

ya know the whole ryder cup the announcers were jizzing over the crowd and i just had to roll my eyes everytime. come hold the ryder cup at bethpage black and then you'll hear a true arena like crowd at a ryder cup.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

There's nothing worse than a Graeme out of control.

Edit: what's up Adam? Hope things are well down South.
    Things are good. The season just ended and I'm already ready for spring training to start. Haven't been around as much since we moved. I'm on my iPhone all the time but unfortunately they won't fix the boards so we can use them through Safari. :evil:
    What's crackin, normy? I'm still reeling over the Ryder Cup. You and I could have a better job of managing that team. Corey sucks ass. Sorry, I need to vent my frustration on the golf thread.

corey and every future captain needs to learn motivation from crenshaw...it doesn't seem like the players were motivated by pavin...when you look at the euros, colin had them come together as a team
  • norm wrote:
    What's crackin, normy? I'm still reeling over the Ryder Cup. You and I could have a better job of managing that team. Corey sucks ass. Sorry, I need to vent my frustration on the golf thread.

corey and every future captain needs to learn motivation from crenshaw...it doesn't seem like the players were motivated by pavin...when you look at the euros, colin had them come together as a team
    No doubt. And I loved the rotation that Azinger employed in 08. That seemed to put the Euros on their heels.

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/the-european-ryder-cup-team-rages-after-beating-the-us/
    Not sure if you guys saw this, but I grabbed it off barstool sports boston. It's a video of the Euro Ryder Cup team "raging" after their big win Monday. You can see Ian Poulter, Rory and Luke Donald in the vid. I still cant believe we lost to such a bunch of sissies. Talented beyond comprehension, but sissies nonetheless.
  • http://www.twitvid.com/AZKJF
    Here's another one of the Euro team singing "We Are the Champions". Lee Westwood looks wrecked.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    This is how you jaegerbomb ;)

getEdFrontImage.aspx?ImageID=468546
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?