Options

Hey PJ people, how about an apology?

13»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    distantsun wrote:
    why should 10c issue some sort of apology for *this*?
    October22 wrote:
    Wow. I'm pretty pissed right now. I'm now overdrawn on my check card by several hundred dollars because 10C "charged" me for each ticket I attempted to buy.

I know I'll get the money put back into my account but what the fuck? I can't use my card until all these pending charges clear and that will take days. Not to mention the fact that I now have to monitor my account to make sure the scum suckers (bankers) don't hit me with any overdraft fees.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experiencing this. This is the first time I've ever complained about 10 Club because usually they're great but this is fucked. If the site is "experiencing glitches", shut it the fuck down.

here is just one person... i have read of someone wlse who has $800 pending on their account and therefore simply cant use that account.. they have applied for extra funds or the pending charges removed straight away or they cant buy anthing.. anywhere!!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    If you tried to buy something online at say Best Buy, and when you entered your credit card info and were checking out, the site crashed and you didn't get the item. No biggie, right? Then come to find out you were charged 5 times for that item. Would you not be upset? Would you not expect the company to take accountability for the mistake and simply apologize for any inconvenience?

jdsal, i 1000% agree. i asked that question semi-rheotically. i think what i was getting at was- why would they apologize for this and not for one of the bigger gaffes they've committed in the past.
    this post has been approved by grace6697.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    gtrplyr wrote:

Posting an official statement about how their ticketing system is messed up is great for you guys...you get your apology (which means nothing, imo)...BUT it also tells thousands of other members that there is/was a problem which could prevent them from purchasing ANYTHING through the site.

Why would 10 club want to potentially scare EVERY member, when only a small amount had a problem? And yes, ALL the people complaining on here are just a drop in the bucket. The 10 club is bigger than this board.

Even though I didn't buy tickets to this show, the lack of information about the problem from 10 club does not give me a lot of confidence for future sales that I might take part in. If they issue a statment that they are looking into this problem, with a follow-up statment letting people know when it is fixed I would feel alot better about the problem, then now when there is no message and it is easy to assume they are doing nothing. I mean if they lose the confidence of the fan base it is going to really hurt them in the long run.
  • Options
    This is seriously annoying. I am reading too many (so called) s.hit talking fans of PJ. Speedy Creedy is possibly the most ridiculous of the bunch. I think I noticed 12k posts to various threads, most of which are negative in nature to what this site is all about. Quit being so c.unty SM, lock it up. This is a fan site
    I've seen enough shows to know I like them...
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    poncabare wrote:
    This is seriously annoying. I am reading too many (so called) s.hit talking fans of PJ. Speedy Creedy is possibly the most ridiculous of the bunch. I think I noticed 12k posts to various threads, most of which are negative in nature to what this site is all about. Quit being so c.unty SM, lock it up. This is a fan site

Don't like the threads or tone of the threads.... don't read them. People have alot of reasonable gripes and have recieved little to no info from the 10C. Being a fan doesn't mean blindly following whatever the band or fan club do.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    gtrplyr wrote:
    people who can't afford it shouldn't be risking their money online.

Last I heard 10c wasn't being run by an offshore gambling syndacate so I take it that was sarcasm. Everyone should mellow out about losing money thats obviously not gonna happen and like every other time problems occur they need a chance to review the situation and get things under control. Christ its been less than 3 hours since they went on sale give em a chance. Fortunately for those of us stiffed there's a plan B with the ticketmaster sale.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I've posted this before - if the 10c would COMMUNICATE, let us know what's going on - that would make a big difference. Like the posts from Santos - "The D.C. poster is now sold out." They're able to do that easily enough for posters. Why are they so silent during the ticket sales?

Two credit card charges, no tickets.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:
    Don't like the threads or tone of the threads.... don't read them. People have alot of reasonable gripes and have recieved little to no info from the 10C. Being a fan doesn't mean blindly following whatever the band or fan club do.

Dork
    I've seen enough shows to know I like them...
  • Options
    this thread is great.

i'll keep reading.
  • Options
    They knew the demand was going to be high.

I was lead down the garden path in thinking that I actually HAD tickets after putting in my credit card information. Like a damn fool - I sat and waited for my confirmatory e-mail. Tick-tock, the system crashed and now I can't sit for takin' it in the arse. My (usual) general goodwill is in the crapper even though I got the same "sorry" form-letter as the rest of the fuckee's.
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    chromiam wrote:

Of course some people have reasonable gripes, but many others seem like they are chiming-in just so they can get involved in something, which is kind of lame, imho.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    distantsun wrote:
    why should 10c issue some sort of apology for *this*?

May want to look at the original post, yeah?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Of course some people have reasonable gripes, but many others seem like they are chiming-in just so they can get involved in something, which is kind of lame, imho.

I don't think I am just chiming-in, personally I think I am letting my opinion known so hopefully 10club realizes that there are a lot of people concerned about this. Hopefully next time they play in my area this problem will be fixed so that I don't have to go through the same problem that others are unfortunatly going through now.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    distantsun wrote:
    jdsal, i 1000% agree. i asked that question semi-rheotically. i think what i was getting at was- why would they apologize for this and not for one of the bigger gaffes they've committed in the past.

Honestly, I think this is the biggest one of all. It is questionable when you are an official fanclub and manage to always come last when it comes to giving news, it is questionable when your site constantly crashes whenever you try to sell something a lot of people want. But not making sure that cards won't be charged until some kind of "confirmation" appears for the buyer so that crazy kids in love with a band (Mike hiding in Def Leppard's limo anyone?) end up unable to buy necessities is seriously fucked up.

I take it back. Not acknowledging you fucked up is what is seriously fucked up.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    didnt everyone who contacted them get an apology? it would appear so.

Quite frankly, you people think you're more important than you are.

They could lose all of you as customer and still be doing fine.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    JD Sal wrote:
    Let's make a side bet:

a) apology before noon PST
    b) apology after 12pm PST
    c) no apology at all

i lost on "a"

"b" has an infinite time period... so i want to change my choice to "b" :D
  • Options
    velcro those sneakers....this is gonna be a good one.
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    meme wrote:
    Honestly, I think this is the biggest one of all. It is questionable when you are an official fanclub and manage to always come last when it comes to giving news, it is questionable when your site constantly crashes whenever you try to sell something a lot of people want. But not making sure that cards won't be charged until some kind of "confirmation" appears for the buyer so that crazy kids in love with a band (Mike hiding in Def Leppard's limo anyone?) end up unable to buy necessities is seriously fucked up.

I take it back. Not acknowledging you fucked up is what is seriously fucked up.

i agree with most of this. what still burns me most is the way they announced the 2006 us dates in stages. to me, that was really, really bad.

i think the bottom line here is that there's just minimal communication at best.
  • Options
    At a minimum, the 10C should acknowledge the error and placate us, by saying that they are going to make it right and not to worry. It is the silence that is so frustrating.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    azwyldcats wrote:
    At a minimum, the 10C should acknowledge the error and placate us, by saying that they are going to make it right and not to worry. It is the silence that is so frustrating.

How would they "make it right"?

They already refunded the charges. What else is there?

They apologized to everyone who has e-mailed them. I'm just not sure what you expect.
  • Options
    I guess they are sending email apologies, did not get one yet and no reversal yet. I'll give 10C some time.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    I got an apology via email. But it doesn't get my money back into my account. I guess I can forgive them...but only if they take serious steps to prevent this shit from happening in the future. Do I think they'll get better? To put it nicely I'm very skeptical of any apology and any mention of improving this process.
  • Options
    I got an apology via email. But it doesn't get my money back into my account. I guess I can forgive them...but only if they take serious steps to prevent this shit from happening in the future. Do I think they'll get better? To put it nicely I'm very skeptical of any apology and any mention of improving this process.

Don't kid yourself into thinking they're actually going to fix the server probelm. It's been going on for a long time now....every time there's any kind of big sale that requires a lot of traffic.

10C is a business and they don't give a shit. If they did, they would have at the very least made an announcement about NOT trying to buy tickets today because of a glitch.
  • Options
    Individual apologies won't help the massive PR hit they took today. All it takes is a little communication with your customers to make things right.

As one of their long time customers, it upsets me they have raised their prices but have not increased the level of service they provide.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    As one of their long time customers, it upsets me they have raised their prices but have not increased the level of service they provide.

When did Comcast buy out Ten Club, LLC? :D

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    When did Comcast buy out Ten Club, LLC? :D

PBM
    :p:p:p
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    you guys are getting a bit silly now... you act as if they did this on purpose? i am sure it will be fixed and they will issue a statement/policy in the near future... it is only 6:30 am on the west coast, at least let them get out of bed... i am sure they will handle it with class as usual

i know it sucks, and i am sure it sucks for them as well

Did they apologize for The Vic fiasco?
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'm still waiting for an apology for Rock Around Barack. :D
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for an apology for Rock Around Barack. :D

hey, at least they deleted the thread......

I guess to them that's an apology

hahahahahaha
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08