Hey PJ people, how about an apology?

memememe Posts: 4,693
edited February 2008 in The Porch
The whole issue of people being charged for tickets they never got, or being charged multiple times for just one pair of tickets is a very serious breach of the trust your fans have in you. It does not matter that the money will (hopefully) be put back. Many of these kids are spreading themselves thin to see the band they worship, and they don't deserve to be in trouble due to your irresponsible inefficiencies.

Having to be mindful of each dollar your spend... "I still remember, why don't you?"

I do think they deserve an apology, and we all deserve that you get your technological shit together.
... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    you guys are getting a bit silly now... you act as if they did this on purpose? i am sure it will be fixed and they will issue a statement/policy in the near future... it is only 6:30 am on the west coast, at least let them get out of bed... i am sure they will handle it with class as usual

i know it sucks, and i am sure it sucks for them as well
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    my2hands wrote:
    i am sure it will be fixed and they will issue a statement/policy in the near future...

i'll bet you $20 this doesn't happen :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    my2hands wrote:
    i am sure it will be fixed and they will issue a statement/policy in the near future...

I think the last time they issued a statement after a disastrous ticket sale was the whole "Big, Bold, Beautiful and Free" sticky after the Wachovia ticket sale ran just as smoothly. So I'm not holding my breath.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    i dont know if pearl jam as a band, but 10c should definitely say something about this
  • The thing is, no one was actually charged for multiple pairs of tickets. Yes, there are "charges pending" but that's a risk you take when purchasing something on the internet...and let's face it, we all knew the site was going to die yesterday.

Does it suck? Yes.
    Should 10c apologize to each and every one of us that has pending charges but no tickets? Yes.

The sad thing is, it's probably not going to happen.
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    my2hands wrote:
    you guys are getting a bit silly now... you act as if they did this on purpose?

Of course they didn't do it on purpose. I am just saying this is a big issue for people who have to be careful with their money. They should acknowledge that and apologize.

Paraphrasing Ed on playing Leash: "we are issuing this apology not because we were bullied into it, but because we are genuinely sorry we screwed up and put all you guys in trouble" :p

Sometimes you screw people over without intending to, and acknowledging it may mean a lot and make things right for the screwed overs :)
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    or maybe better yet they will just stop offering tickets to thier members. While I agree it isnt good that people have money on hold on thier cards, the amount of bitching is probably going to make the 10club do away with fanclub seats and then we wil all be screwed.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Krisdababe wrote:
    The thing is, no one was actually charged for multiple pairs of tickets. Yes, there are "charges pending" but that's a risk you take when purchasing something on the internet...and let's face it, we all knew the site was going to die yesterday.

Does it suck? Yes.
    Should 10c apologize to each and every one of us that has pending charges but no tickets? Yes.

The sad thing is, it's probably not going to happen.

Yeah but that's not what we are discussing... many of the pending charges happened hours an hors after the sale many this morning because the tix are still showing available and it lets you add it to your cart and go all the way to entering your card and then it sais "an unexpected error has ocurred" and you have no tix but your funds were authorized.... I'm not complaining about not tickets, even if i dont get tix on Friday I'll be a happy camper I'm only trying for Vancouver because Im on vacation in Seattle that week otherwise I wouldn't fly cross country for this shows... and I'm sure that Ed or no Ed my vacation will just as awesome...

I'm just saying that if they were sold out like that girl told me at the 10C yesterday they should have removed the links, she told me no to try again or I would keep on getting my funds on hold...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    people who can't afford it shouldn't be risking their money online.
  • over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    gtrplyr wrote:

how ignorant and ridiculous is this statement?
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    over_bends wrote:

mmm.....a lot?
  • meme wrote:
    The whole issue of people being charged for tickets they never got, or being charged multiple times for just one pair of tickets is a very serious breach of the trust your fans have in you. It does not matter that the money will (hopefully) be put back. Many of these kids are spreading themselves thin to see the band they worship, and they don't deserve to be in trouble due to your irresponsible inefficiencies.

Having to be mindful of each dollar your spend... "I still remember, why don't you?"

I do think they deserve an apology, and we all deserve that you get your technological shit together.

calm down.
  • gtrplyr wrote:

hmmm 3 years ....23 posts.... I think we are better off with you going back to not posting on this board... :rolleyes:
  • gtrplyr wrote:
    At risk of sounding like an asshole....he's right.

If you can't be sitting on the pending credit for a few days (which is how my credit card works with all transactions with the exception of very few that process quicker), why was it being spent in the first place? Sure maybe you'd have gotten tickets but you'd still be broke. The money will come back to those who didn't get tickets, it takes time, just like if you have a mysterious charge investigated. The 3-5 days is probably on your credit card company, not 10 Club.

So let's say you submitted your info but got kicked off so you try again....well you run the risk of being charged again! We all know how the system works here. Not great in the least. The server crashes easily. Communication is lacking. Sold out items are still up. We are well aware of the risks. None of these occurrences are new.

That being said, an apology is in order just because their system is crap and they know it. They should at least make a sticky post apologizing for the inconvenience.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    At risk of sounding like an asshole....he's right.

Im sorry but no he isnt right .... there is a lot of people that could afford $144 or $288 for tickets but there are people that have $800+, $1200+ on pending funds tried without imagining their funds were being authorized even though no more tickets were available and I'm not talking about this at the time of the sale but later yesterday and even this morning....

So what you are saying is that if you are going to try your luck with 10C to get tickets then you should try with a credit card with $2000 limit that you wont need for anything else in case you get authorized a bazillion times? and those with no credit card and have a debit card then should just not try at all to not take the risk of getting authorized a bunch of times and tying up their bank accounts....

Im sorry but that's crazy!!!
  • As one of those with multiple charges and no tickets, and now in a sticky financial situation which is about to snowball...we should atleast get some clarification and an apology. Why do I get charged for a ticket(s) I did not purchase? That's all I want to know. Doesn't matter who's at fault or how I'm irresponsible, lets just figure it out and get it right for next time. That's what I would like to hear from the ten club, and maybe "hey, you did get tickets!"
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Solat13 wrote:
    I think the last time they issued a statement after a disastrous ticket sale was the whole "Big, Bold, Beautiful and Free" sticky after the Wachovia ticket sale ran just as smoothly. So I'm not holding my breath.
    In other words, don't hold your breath for an apology.....the 10C is a business, not our friends.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Im sorry but no he isnt right .... there is a lot of people that could afford $144 or $288 for tickets but there are people that have $800+, $1200+ on pending funds tried without imagining their funds were being authorized even though no more tickets were available and I'm not talking about this at the time of the sale but later yesterday and even this morning....

So what you are saying is that if you are going to try your luck with 10C to get tickets then you should try with a credit card with $2000 limit that you wont need for anything else in case you get authorized a bazillion times? and those with no credit card and have a debit card then should just not try at all to not take the risk of getting authorized a bunch of times and tying up their bank accounts....

Im sorry but that's crazy!!!
    Well how did those people get to $800+ in pending charges? If you can't afford $800 why would you submit credit card info multiple times (this is 10 Club we're talking about)? I would be checking with my bank before getting to that point, especially if I couldn't afford it! The system here sucks, there's no denying that.

The point of my first post was: if you don't have the money, don't spend it...especially on Pearl Jam. Spend it on what you need it for today (bills, food...)
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    tybird wrote:
    the 10C is a business, not our friends.

Can this be our Mission Statement?

;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • just wanna say that -- bottom line -- i agree with the thread starter's basic premise: an apology is in order. i love the 10C ... but they have made this about as big a fucking disaster as they could have. especially if all it takes is money to fix this problem (i'm not saying that's the answer but others who are more technically savvy than me have said it). jack my membership up by $5 a year if that'll fix the problem. whatever 10C ... just fix the fuckin' problem already.
    Give way to nature ...
    tybird wrote:
    In other words, don't hold your breath for an apology.....the 10C is a business, not our friends.

One of the beautiful things I learned by living in this country is that business will go out of their way to be friendly and courteous so that they retain you as a customer. So I would say even as a business an apology is in order.

I would also say that one thing I like about PJ is that it is ostensibly not just about a business, but about looking after each other. If that's the case again, apology in order.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Well how did those people get to $800+ in pending charges? If you can't afford $800 why would you submit credit card info multiple times (this is 10 Club we're talking about)? I would be checking with my bank before getting to that point, especially if I couldn't afford it! The system here sucks, there's no denying that.

The point of my first post was: if you don't have the money, don't spend it...especially on Pearl Jam. Spend it on what you need it for today (bills, food...)

WOW!
    So I have to be to able to afford $800 worth in tix to try and go to a Pearl Jam show?? Just in case 10C system authorizes my card a gazillion times????

This has never happened to me before with 10C when I haven't gotten something it just said it didnt go through and period... when it gave me unexpected error I tried 2 more times... unaware that it was authorizing my card every single time I tried....

I will survive I have another credit card to use Friday and I will wait for my funds to be released..

But are you kidding me with "The point of my first post was: if you don't have the money, don't spend it...especially on Pearl Jam. Spend it on what you need it for today (bills, food...)" :rolleyes:
    danny72688 wrote:

Maybe I am wrong, but I haven't heard about this issue before?
    Isn't it possible that people could not fathom a card being charged if the purchase was not completed? Isn't it how it works in other companies? You receive confirmation? Also, remember that some went to look in their profile to see if the tickets were there and they weren't. So perhaps link the pending charges to the stuff appearing in your profile?
  • Are you kidding me?
    So I have to be to able to afford $800 worth in tix to try and go to a Pearl Jam show?? Just in case 10C system authorizes my card a gazillion times????

This has never happened to me before with 10C when I haven't gotten something it just said it didnt go through and period... when it gave me unexpected error I tried 2 more times... unaware that it was authorizing my card every single time I tried....

I will survive I have another credit card to use Friday and I will wait for my funds to be released..
    The system sucks, I can't say that enough. They owe everyone fucked over an apology. You shouldn't have to have $800 to go see Ed. But this should also be a lesson as shit happens. You are fortunate that you have other means of money. I, among many others only have one card so I have to monitor how it's used carefully.
    But are you kidding really me with "The point of my first post was: if you don't have the money, don't spend it...especially on Pearl Jam. Spend it on what you need it for today (bills, food...)" :rolleyes:
    No I'm not. Pearl Jam (and just Ed in this case) is not more important than eating, or having a roof over my head, or having a phone to call my friends and family, or having running water, or putting gas in my car so I can go to work.

EDIT: Nice location by the way.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Can this be our Mission Statement?

;)

PBM
    Could be......:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • meme wrote:
    Maybe I am wrong, but I haven't heard about this issue before?
    Isn't it possible that people could not fathom a card being charged if the purchase was not completed? Isn't it how it works in other companies? You receive confirmation? Also, remember that some went to look in their profile to see if the tickets were there and they weren't. So perhaps link the pending charges to the stuff appearing in your profile?
    It is very possible that people didn't expect it, but they submitted credit card info. That alone would make me check my bank in addition to the Goods section to see my ordering history. Call me paranoid I suppose.

The system here is shit. Those links need to be removed.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    I understand that this isn't a pleasant situation for many people, but do people really need to start a new thread asking for an official apology?

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon just so they can share the victim mentality.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I understand that this isn't a pleasant situation for many people, but do people really need to start a new thread asking for an official apology?

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon just so they can share the victim mentality.

Just got this from the 10c staff. I was confirmed with 12th and 13th shows but it timed out - never got the email so i contacted 10c - they were nice enough to write back but weren't able to help - I'm out of luck. Glad i didn't book my flight!

Hi Mark.
    We are very sorry, but it appears that your order was not accepted by our system and therefore you have not secured any tickets to the April Fools tour through the Ten Club. However, your credit card was authorized for multiple charges but we have no way of retrieving those tickets you attempted to purchase. The authorizations will disappear from your credit card within 3-5 business days.

Your next chance to purchase tickets to these shows is February 22nd at 10am PST through Ticketmaster.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    10C Staff
  • gtrplyrgtrplyr Posts: 115
    over_bends wrote:

Considering all the whining on here about how "I dont have enough gas money to get to school now" etc.., i don't think its too unreasonable.

Even if you DID get the tickets, you're still out the money, right? If its that big of a financial burden, it wasn't a wise purchase to begin with.

For those who got $800 in charges, they shouldnt have clicked the button that many times.

It seems to me people dont understand how these things work.

Sure, the system was flawed, but people need to act responsibly and not get caught up in the "OMG ED VED" mentality. This is why ebay auctions go so high...people egt caught up in the game.
  • JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Actually Joe, the 10c should have issued an apology long before someone needed to start an official thread asking for one.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"