Options

Mini Posters???

swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
edited June 2008 in The Porch
What the fuck is with all the "Mini Posters" doing on eBay? Has anyone ever bid on a poster, won the auction, and then realized you bought a "Mini Poster"?

Just curious. Does anyone actually collect cut-outs from the Ames Books?
Free the West Memphis Three
www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    What the fuck is with all the "Mini Posters" doing on eBay? Has anyone ever bid on a poster, won the auction, and then realized you bought a "Mini Poster"?

Just curious. Does anyone actually collect cut-outs from the Ames Books?

I was wondering that myself the other day. Just how many people have gotten over jealous, havent read the full description, and then got it and went "What the fuck is this?" I would be willing to bet a few, and NO ONE would admit it! :)

Amazing what people will buy/sell these day, huh?
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I was wondering that myself the other day. Just how many people have gotten over jealous, havent read the full description, and then got it and went "What the fuck is this?" I would be willing to bet a few, and NO ONE would admit it! :)

It's crazy! I'm sure you're right about some people accidentally buying these worthless "mini posters".
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    it's people cutting up the Ames vs PJ book and selling the images
  • Options
    I saw one site selling these framed for 30 bucks. i still need to buy this book. does anyone know if its in bookstores?
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    get the book from ten club, its still on there

anyone buying mini posters wants their nut examining, i mean they are glossy magazine pages, not even silkscreened minis
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563

They are nothing more than opportunists.... greedy people.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    pdalowsky wrote:
    get the book from ten club, its still on there

anyone buying mini posters wants their nut examining, i mean they are glossy magazine pages, not even silkscreened minis

I just got the book last week and it's really nice. I was hesitant because of the price, but it's big and laid out great almost like a high school yearbook. For some reason I just thought it was a small hardcover, but I love mine even though DHL damaged it during transit
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    My sister bought me a poster as a gift and was sent a mini - she was really upset. World is full of some shady dudes, dudes.
  • Options
    it could happen easily to someone who doesnt know much about them and wants to surprise someone, although the prices do tend to give it away....

easy street minis hit 4.99 and the real deal around 700.....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I really like the Ames book, buying it to cut it up and sell the pictures is retarded. I feel bad for anyone that got tricked into buying a "mini" poster.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    it could happen easily to someone who doesnt know much about them and wants to surprise someone, although the prices do tend to give it away....

easy street minis hit 4.99 and the real deal around 700.....

Yeah - to us it would be pretty obvious - I think she spent about $30 on it, which she thought was a pretty significant amount for a poster. She's young and naive. It's the thought. I have it proudly displayed with the rest of em'
  • Options
    I really like the Ames book, buying it to cut it up and sell the pictures is retarded. I feel bad for anyone that got tricked into buying a "mini" poster.

It is beautiful - I sometimes think I should have bought the green one though - I find myself reading mine quite a bit and get all uptight when the spine cracks etc. The mylars and sketches are the only thing I don't go back to. Would have been a better buy in hindsight. I do however like the mini-prints and have them nice framed and on the wall in a set
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Mini posters suck ASS!! Please stop putting these on ebay, for the love of god.
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    thunderDAN wrote:
    it's people cutting up the Ames vs PJ book and selling the images

That is exactly what it is! Buyers beware!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Mini posters suck ASS!! Please stop putting these on ebay, for the love of god.

Why? There is obviously a market for it and everyone I have ever seen has been clear that that it is a mini version. Plus a lot of them are great art work, and for a lot of people unless you have a lot of dispoable income, this is the only way they are ever going to be able to have poster art from say the 98 tour on their walls.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    There's an Ames Honolulu so called 'mini-poster' on ebay right now with 6 fuckin bids on it and it's currently 26.99 so somebody is buying these things...It's complete assholes that are selling them and a disgusting practice but if there's gonna be morons buying them then it will always happen!

Why don't people just print them off from expresssobeans or just buy the book and do it themselves?
  • Options
    Why? There is obviously a market for it and everyone I have ever seen has been clear that that it is a mini version. Plus a lot of them are great art work, and for a lot of people unless you have a lot of dispoable income, this is the only way they are ever going to be able to have poster art from say the 98 tour on their walls.

It isn't really in these circumstances I take issue with - It is when they are misrepresented.
  • Options
    I've gotta agree these are terrible....
  • Options
    I have never seen more than 3% of the mini posters listed that actually had bidders.

I learned some time ago to include "-mini" in any poster search I make on eBay.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    if youre dumb enough to think its the real deal and dont read the text to see its a mini then you deserve what you get...

i think its actually a cool idea though for someone crazy enough to cut up a perfectly good book... ive considered buying certain ones for a bathroom or smaller space where i dont want a HUGE poster... or im thinking of doing a photo montage breakfast table with old magazine clippings, stickers, and maybe these small posters... that would look sweet... or (between me, you, and the mods) these high quality photos of the posters are IDEAL for scanning and printing out fake full scale versions (for my use only :p ... still havent tried this yet)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Wheres the " FRAMED " mini posters thread?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    I dunno - some of the "small text" is pretty shady on the ones I have seen. Judge Judy would rule in my favour on this for sure.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Wheres the " FRAMED " mini posters thread?

I am waiting for mine to come back from the framers and I will start it once I have pictures to share!! 81 of them!! Hopefully next week! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12