Options

" ~~~ U2 ~~~ "

1202122232426»

Comments

• Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    North American Tour: 2011 Rescheduled Dates13 July 2010

Live Nation Entertainment announced today that the U2 360° tour dates in the US, which were recently postponed due to Bono’s emergency back surgery, have all been rescheduled for Spring/Summer 2011 with all tickets being valid at the rescheduled performances.

The 2010 European tour, which has not been affected, begins as scheduled on August 6th in Turin.

U2’s manager Paul McGuinness thanked fans for their ongoing support, “We’re delighted the dates are rescheduled and in all the same venues we originally planned to play. It hasn't been easy to accomplish this and I'd like to thank the managers of the many venues and sports teams across North America and Live Nation Global Touring for their help and cooperation in making this complex new plan possible. Above all we want to thank the U2 fans for bearing with us. They’re the best and the band wants to get back to where they belong, surrounded by their audience.”

The U2 360° Tour is produced by Live Nation Global Touring and sponsored in 2010 by BlackBerry.

The North American Tour rescheduled dates, are confirmed as follows:

May 21 Denver, CO Invesco Field (formerly June 12/10)
    May 24 Salt Lake City, UT Rice Eccles Stadium (formerly June 3/10)

June 01 Edmonton, AB Commonwealth Stadium (formerly June 23/10)
    June 04 Seattle, WA Qwest Field (formerly June 20/10)
    June 07 Oakland, CA McAfee Coliseum (formerly June 20/10)
    June 17 Anaheim, CA Angels Stadium (formerly June 6/10)
    June 18 Anaheim, CA Angels Stadium (formerly June 7/10)
    June 26 East Lansing, MI Spartan Stadium at MSU (formerly June 30/10)
    June 29 Miami, FL *Sun Life Stadium
    previously Dolphin Stadium (formerly July 9/10)

July 05 Chicago, IL Soldier Field (formerly July 6/10)
    July 08 Montreal, QC Hippodrome (formerly July 16/10)
    July 09 Montreal, QC Hippodrome (formerly July 17/10)
    July 11 Toronto, ON Rogers Centre (formerly July 3/10)
    July 14 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field (formerly July 12/10)
    July 20 East Rutherford, NJ New Meadowlands Stadium (formerly July 19/10)
    July 23 Minneapolis, MN TCF Bank Stadium (formerly June 27/10)

Tickets for the previously scheduled performances will be honoured at the door. Tickets for the rescheduled performances will be available at www.livenation.com and all usual outlets. Refunds if required available at point of purchase.

Additional dates and cities to be confirmed.

Watch a video message from the band.
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    And how bout those Aussie dates?
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    U2 Set To Resume 360 Tour
    Billboard
    August 5, 2010
    BY RAY WADDELL

All indications are that Bono is ready to rock and fully recovered after back surgery that sidelined him for two months. Now, U2 is set to crank up its massive, record-setting 360 tour tomorrow night in Turin, Italy.

"Things have gone very, very well," U2 manager Paul McGuinness told Billboard.biz in a phone interview last night from Turin, where he had just watched the band rehearse the entire show on stage. "We did a full run-through, with no breaks, straight through the show, and Bono was moving very well," McGuinness said. "He's fit."

The 360 tour staging, known as "the Claw," along with the crew, and promoter Live Nation's team, have been in Turin for about 10 days, according to tour producer Arthur Fogel, chairman of Live Nation Global Touring. "The band's been here about a week, they've been rehearsing and doing run-throughs on the stage the last few nights," says Fogel. "Everything came back together really efficiently and everybody's in great spirits, glad to be back at it, and the band's sounding great."

The production made it to Europe by way of Salt Lake City, Utah, where 360 had been set to resume June 3 before Bono's injury. "Bono's doing just fine," says Fogel. "He's been working hard on his rehab, doing quite a bit of work on that every day. He's looking good on stage, he sounds great. We're ready to go on that front."

Likewise, "the Claw" is ready to go. "All the pieces are here," says McGuinness, adding that other 360 productions are on the ground in Frankfurt and Hanover, Germany. The size and logistics of the staging necessitates three sets that are hopscotched across the continent.

On July 13, Live Nation announced that all 16 postponed North American dates had been rescheduled, a monumental task for a tour of this magnitude. "We went at it pretty hard and came up with a routing fairly quickly," says Fogel. Those North American shows had moved about 1 million tickets and would have grossed approximately $100 million.

"I have to say that the buildings were incredibly cooperative, and we got it together pretty quickly and were able to get it announced," Fogel said, adding that announcing the rescheduled North American shows prior to Europe beginning was a priority. "Pretty remarkably, considering the number of tickets sold, there were very few refunds. And of the tickets refunded, probably a third of them have been resold since we announced the new dates."

McGuinness says that Live Nation "did an amazing job at rerouting the tour so that we were able to perform in the buildings we had originally booked, a real piece of skill by [LN Global Touring COO] Gerry Barad and the rest of the Live Nation people," he says. "We got an incredible amount of cooperation from the building managers and sports teams. There were a lot of people involved in getting it together, and I'm very pleased with the results. We're talking about over a million ticket buyers, and they will all be sitting in the seats they originally bought, albeit rather later."

The run through Europe, where U2 began 360 last year, includes 22 shows through Oct. 8 in Rome. Most of the markets will be new to this tour, though the band is returning to Paris where it sold out two Stade de France dates last year. Depending upon currency fluctuations, the European run will end up grossing more than $120 million and move about 1.25 million tickets.

Last year, 360 grossed more than $311 million and sold more than 3 million tickets, according to Billboard Boxscore. Had the North American dates taken place, U2 would have come very close this year to topping the $558 million generated by the Rolling Stones' 2005-2007 Bigger Bang tour, the highest grossing tour of all time, according to Boxscore.

The all-time gross record will probably come next year for U2, or perhaps sooner. Neither Fogel nor McGuinness would confirm speculation that the band will head to Australia and New Zealand for a series of shows following Europe.

Either way, McGuinness expects U2 to set the record and he believes it will stand for a while, given the 360-degree configuration that the 360 tour allows, a first for stadiums. The tour will likely end up grossing close to $600 million when all is said and done.

"The figures will probably be unbeatable, unless somebody else does a tour that increases the capacities of the buildings by 20% these records we're setting will stand for a long time," says McGuinness.

The size of the capacities allowed U2 to price approximately 10,000 seats per show at about $30 U.S.

© Billboard, 2010
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    From U2.com:

Hours Until Showtime06 August 2010

Maybe these Italians don't need sleep.

In the early hours of this morning, having waiting outside the venue all day, hundreds of fans got to meet the band... who brought everyone pizza.

'I came there at 14.30 and I waited with tens of other fans for hours, without moving. We hoped in an autograph but we had the whole band and a slice of pizza instead,' said Xalira on Zootopia. 'They all delivered pizzas around 1:30, when many people had already given up hope. I was in the first row with some other Italian girls... We got a pizza from Larry and ate it (6 people for 1 pizza). I think the girl who got it won't throw the pizza box away.'

Just a few hours later now and everyone seems to be back at the stadium, aiming to get into the show first.

'They have to play 'Moment of Surrender'

'Magnificent.' 'Streets'. 'One of the new songs..'

Anyone you talk to has a hunch about what the band will play tonight but no-one will know until Larry, Edge, Bono and Adam walk out on stage for the first time since last October.

Don't miss it... even if you're not in Turin tonight. Keep in touch with the show on Zootopia in this thread or, if you're signed in as a U2.com subscriber, on this thread.

If you're going to be at the show tonight and are planning to live tweet, use the hashtag
    #U2360Turin.

As well as keeping open a window on Zootopia, pull open another one on the U2.com Tour Page - that's where you'll find a live Fan Feed from Twitter and Facebook.

And after the show, check back here where we'll have a report on the show, the complete set list... and you can add your own comments.

Back soon....
  • Options
    PopmartijnPopmartijn Posts: 382
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    From U2.com:

In the early hours of this morning, having waiting outside the venue all day, hundreds of fans got to meet the band... who brought everyone pizza.

'I came there at 14.30 and I waited with tens of other fans for hours, without moving. We hoped in an autograph but we had the whole band and a slice of pizza instead,' said Xalira on Zootopia. 'They all delivered pizzas around 1:30, when many people had already given up hope. I was in the first row with some other Italian girls... We got a pizza from Larry and ate it (6 people for 1 pizza). I think the girl who got it won't throw the pizza box away.'

That was a cool thing to do.

BTW, tonight's set list (opening night in Turin):
    “Return Of The Stingray” Intro / Beautiful Day
    Magnificent
    Get On Your Boots
    Mysterious Ways (My Sweet Lord snippet)
    I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    North Star (new song)
    "Glastonbury" (new song)
    Elevation
    In A Little While
    Miss Sarajevo
    Until The End Of The World
    The Unforgettable Fire
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Discothèque snippet)
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    MLK
    Walk On (You’ll Never Walk Alone snippet)

encore:
    One (Amazing Grace snippet)
    Where The Streets Have No Name
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
    With Or Without You
    Moment of Surrender
  • Options
    Popmartijn wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    From U2.com:

Magnificent
    Get On Your Boots
    North Star (new song)
    "Glastonbury" (new song)
    Elevation
    In A Little While
    Miss Sarajevo
    The Unforgettable Fire
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    MLK

encore:
    With Or Without You
    Moment of Surrender

if i had waited X ammount of months and then were to get that setlist,

all i can say is " eh " .

perhaps i have been spoiled by numerous springsteen and more recently Pearl Jam shows .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Popmartijn wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    From U2.com:

Magnificent
    Get On Your Boots
    North Star (new song)
    "Glastonbury" (new song)
    Elevation
    In A Little While
    Miss Sarajevo
    The Unforgettable Fire
    City Of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    MLK

encore:
    With Or Without You
    Moment of Surrender

if i had waited X ammount of months and then were to get that setlist,

all i can say is " eh " .

perhaps i have been spoiled by numerous springsteen and more recently Pearl Jam shows .
    Really? The set list looks pretty damn fantastic to me. "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me," "Miss Sarajevo," "The Unforgettable Fire," "Until the End of World," plus all of their hits and two new songs? Awesome.
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
  • Options
    GL88154GL88154 Posts: 46
    New song, Every Breaking Wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9C-z-dl ... r_embedded

IMO, they need to put out rock songs again....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    U2 to Release "U2: Duals" Collaboration Album

U2 have announced that they will release a specially commissioned album called U2: Duals, which will collect all of the band's collaborations spanning their 30-year career. Since the band has enjoyed working with many artists over the past three decades, from punk to country to blues to soul artists, they have accumulated enough collaborative material to release it under one album! The album will not see a traditional release; it will only be available via a subscription to www.U2.com.
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Finally going for my first U2 show this December in Perth! I've never spent 300 bucks on a single seat before, so this better be worth it!
  • Options
    Associated Press
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010

By Ciaran Giles, Associated Press Writer

MADRID – Barcelona city hall says rock band U2 has paid a fine of (EURO)18,000 ($22,000) for playing too long and too loudly during rehearsals in the Spanish city last year.

A spokeswoman said the Irish group was penalized for rehearsing until midnight -- two hours over the scheduled time -- and at sound levels above those set by authorities prior to a concert in Barcelona in June 2009.

The fine followed a complaint by residents near Barcelona soccer club's Camp Nou stadium, where the concert was staged.

The spokeswoman said the city was now studying fining Colombian singer Shakira for recording a video in the city without a permit, dancing in a fountain and riding a motorbike without a helmet.

The official was speaking on condition of anonymity in keeping with city hall policy.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    KevDylan wrote:
    Finally going for my first U2 show this December in Perth! I've never spent 300 bucks on a single seat before, so this better be worth it!

i cant bring myself to spend such a large amount of money. last tour we couldve reached out and touched bono we were that close and those tix were nowhere near as expensive as these so called redzone tix are.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    U2 ROCK!!! I just got back from their show in Athens. It was amazing! No surprise that they're one of the top bands for so many years...
    I am mine!
  • Options
    I have officially came to conclusion that no line on the horizon shits on the other two albums U2 came out in the 2000's. Its probably my 3rd favorite album of all the ones I have.

I would totally be down to see them live. Too bad their tix are so damn expensive.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    I would totally be down to see them live. Too bad their tix are so damn expensive.

I don't think they're that expensive, compared to many other acts. GA's are $55 (and some nosebleeds are $30). Yes, there are also $95 and $250 tix, but no-one's forcing you to buy those.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Popmartijn wrote:

I don't think they're that expensive, compared to many other acts. GA's are $55 (and some nosebleeds are $30). Yes, there are also $95 and $250 tix, but no-one's forcing you to buy those.

I got GA tickets for $55 each and walked right up to front of the outer stage ring center/dead. Very nice and had a fun evening even though I broke my phone.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Popmartijn wrote:

Didnt know that. I thought the cheapest ones were like $90 for some reason. I'd see em for $50-60
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Popmartijn wrote:

Didnt know that. I thought the cheapest ones were like $90 for some reason. I'd see em for $50-60

after getting settled in , you might want to have purchased those better seats after you're all the way up in the nosebleeds.
    :)

The Spider Man broadway production is all the news here in NYC.
    Its the most expecsive Broadway Production ever produced,
    and includes flying over the crowd and all kinds of special effects.
    I will have to go check this out , even if I purchase only 1 ticket .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    this is my church
    Pride (In The Name Of Love) (Live From The 56th ACM Awards)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmpcddqjk-E
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited May 2021
    this year's fan club release. live cd of the apollo show ... a killer setlist  every breaking wave. yum
    U2 – Live at the Apollo
    CD1
    1. I Will Follow
    2. The Electric Co.
    3. Out Of Control
    4. Red Flag Day
    5. All Because Of You
    6. Vertigo
    7. Elevation
    8. Beautiful Day
    9. Pride (In the Name of Love)
    10. Get Out Of Your Own Way