Options

West coast Pearl Jam tour?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    edpearson wrote:
    I'm with you, too AcuteJam!!! I'm also sick of Shoreline and after that amazing 3-show run in 2006 at the Bill Graham Civic Center, I don't see how they could go back to Shoreline.

Totally fucking agree with that one!!! After doing some tally's this past weekend I can unfortunately say that I've seen PJ 9 times at the Shoreline. Not a bad venue sound wise (actually it's pretty killer venue in that respect), but with it being a 20,000 seat venue the intimacy of a show gets lost at this venue for sure with the seating set up.

Call me crazy, but I'm gonna call/beg for a 5 night run at the Fillmore!!!! That is my absolute favorite venue in the Bay Area to see a band play and I would love to see PJ tear that joint up!!! If they can't do that venue, then Bill Graham Civic will serve as a adequate venue for sure!

Let's keep our fingers crossed Bay Area Jammers!!!!

Peace on you all!

RM
  • Options
    zootownzootown Posts: 666
    This year has been full of surprises, and hopefully we will get a tour on the west for us! They want it to be a little cooler in the Gorge this go around! Not that 114 shit from 06. Do it in October and it will be so nice.

My thoughts exactly- the Gorge in the Fall beats the shit out of the Gorge in July! Nice and cool, perfect for an evening with Pearl Jam. Of course, the Gorge would have to follow a warm up in Missoula :) Jeff said last summer (07) that they would be in Missoula "next year" which means 08!
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    zootown wrote:
    My thoughts exactly- the Gorge in the Fall beats the shit out of the Gorge in July! Nice and cool, perfect for an evening with Pearl Jam. Of course, the Gorge would have to follow a warm up in Missoula :) Jeff said last summer (07) that they would be in Missoula "next year" which means 08!
    really? very cool
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    really? very cool

Yep- last summer, I bumped into him here and I asked him straight out..he said look for them "next year" back in zootown!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    LukinFan wrote:
    it will- I can't decide if I should chance it and pass on the Ed show and save for the West- the only one that I've seen out there was Phoenix and we loved it out there

if you didn't catch one of ed's solo shows, try to make one if you can....you haven't heard lukin unless you've heard it acoustic in front of 2000 people ;):D
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    stickboy wrote:
    IT'S ALL ABOUT TO GO DOWN ALL OVER AGAIN! :D

STICKY!!!!! LETS DO THIS!!!! YOU HAVE TO COME OUT HERE!!!!! And where the devil is DAYYYYUM PAM????????
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    I'm thinking a tour of the MidWest-West, starting in mid-September and ending in late October/early November, would make a lot of sense.

Would be perfect timing for the standard bi-annual Bridge School appearance.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Krisdababe wrote:
    I am :( i didn't meet you in nyc. I didn't make it to the preparty at all.

But y'know, there's always the chance during the WEST COAST TOUR!!!!

NOBODY met me in nyc. I was there.....yet.....I wasnt! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    LukinFan wrote:
    it will- I can't decide if I should chance it and pass on the Ed show and save for the West- the only one that I've seen out there was Phoenix and we loved it out there

Stick to your coast buddy and leave some tickets for us West Coast folk who haven't seen the full band yet this year! j/k man, good luck

Peace,

RM
  • Options
    zootown wrote:

That would be FANTASTIC!
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Left Coast please!!!!

I'm going through withdrawls and cant take it anymore!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    cutback wrote:
    i've posted this a couple times....

april - ed tours west
    may - off/studio work
    june - band plays east
    july - off (except vh1 honors)
    august - ed tours east
    september - off/studio work
    october - band plays west coast

my theory....do with it what you will :)

Good Theory! Sounds right to me.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    We SO need the band here on the Left Coast!

I must say though, there was good-size representation at Hartford and Mansfields.

Like i always say, "They don't come to me so i gotta go where they go!" ;)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I hope there'll a lot of weekend shows like Ed's newly scheduled summer tour.
    If so, you know I'll fly there!!! ;)
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    I hope there'll a lot of weekend shows like Ed's newly scheduled summer tour.
    If so, you know I'll fly there!!! ;)
    HERE??!!! :eek: sweet! :D maybe I should open that picture now.....

• Options
    I hope so! I think there's a strong probability that they will tour the West Coast. I had a blast following them in the east coast but nothing like seeing them in your own coast! :)
    EvilClosetMonkey is my hero, he is AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    zootown wrote:

I heard that from another very cool lady. A red headed one, in fact.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    edpearsonedpearson Posts: 331
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I just got back from the last three East Coast dates, and I am fucking speechless! Truly kicked ass, all three of them.
    We really DO NEED our fix of some Pearl Jam goodness over here!

Good to see some fellow Bay Area fans went East, too! I went out to the Camden shows and as usual, I'm jonzin' for more! Normally, I wouldn't have blew a wad of $$$ to travel so far to see them, but there's this "no West Coast tour" scenerio that I'm having a hard time grasping. Still, I'm betting that they at least show up for the Bridge Concert @ Shoreline. That's usually an annual event for them and they haven't played it in a few years (which means they're due).
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    jaamfaan wrote:
    I heard that from another very cool lady. A red headed one, in fact.

Sweet- Im holding Jeff to his word and will give him some shit if they dont next time I see him...