NCAA College Football -

Comments

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Lots of solid teams up top. I hope if Boise St. runs the table, they a get a shot this year.

That's right, bitches, the donkeys are back and ready to roll. How about some of the bigger schools actually step up and accept our challenge to play anyone.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • 81 wrote:
    Love my Wolverines, Hate my Spartans..

I agree, Go Blue!

Waiting on whether I'm getting tickets to the Conn game. WIll be up their for Wisconsin, Mass. and hopefully Iowa.

It won't happen but hopefully the press and the freaking A-Hole boosters will leave Rich Rod alone for a year. Seriously just let things go...

losing 16 of your first 24 games and having two NCAA investagations going on about your current and former program is a sure fire way to get yourself noticed. :lol::lol::lol:

what a creep he is.

And all other division 1 programs are clean...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

And all other division 1 programs are clean...

i can't name any other coach that currently has two programs under ncaa investigation. Lane Kiffen might soon enough. heck, he might apply for the Mi job if richy rod gets canned this season.

well, unless you go to calapari :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    only 2 weeks to go until Ohio State kicks off the 2010 season. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Jerry Palm predicts "Bowlpocalypse"

http://www.collegebcs.com/cy/bowlnon.html

thinks there won't be enough bowl eligible teams to fill all the bowl invitations....ACC you gotta step it up
  • jmsjms Posts: 243
    As a University of South Carolina Gamecock fan, I'm already looking forward to the 2011 season :lol:

But seriously, with as much talk as I hear about giving Spurrier enough time to build something and whatnot, this is the year for us to make a move and be first or second in the SEC East. He's had enough time to get things in place, it's time to see some better results.....otherwise, we would have been better off keeping Lou Holtz around until it was time for Skip to take over.

This is the year for you guys or it's not going to happen. The SEC East is down a little this year. uf and uga are replacing qbs and Tennessee is going through all kinds of issues but I think DD will get it turned around in 2-3 years. uf will still be strong but it's not easy to break in qbs in the SEC. I'll be honest I don't know what to expect from uga with the new DC. I think he will be better than W Martinez but that's not saying a whole lot and uga isgoing through qb switch again this year. kentucky will be ok but they and vandy both have new coaches so you kind of necer know.

I really like Alshon Jeffrey and the Fr rb you had last yr, cant think of his name. I'm still not sold on your qb though.
    jms wrote:
    As a University of South Carolina Gamecock fan, I'm already looking forward to the 2011 season :lol:

But seriously, with as much talk as I hear about giving Spurrier enough time to build something and whatnot, this is the year for us to make a move and be first or second in the SEC East. He's had enough time to get things in place, it's time to see some better results.....otherwise, we would have been better off keeping Lou Holtz around until it was time for Skip to take over.

This is the year for you guys or it's not going to happen. The SEC East is down a little this year. uf and uga are replacing qbs and Tennessee is going through all kinds of issues but I think DD will get it turned around in 2-3 years. uf will still be strong but it's not easy to break in qbs in the SEC. I'll be honest I don't know what to expect from uga with the new DC. I think he will be better than W Martinez but that's not saying a whole lot and uga isgoing through qb switch again this year. kentucky will be ok but they and vandy both have new coaches so you kind of necer know.

I really like Alshon Jeffrey and the Fr rb you had last yr, cant think of his name. I'm still not sold on your qb though.
    Jeffery's on his way to becoming an elite receiver. I think he's gonna have a big year this year. The rb was either RS-Fr Kenny Miles or true Fr Jarvis Giles. I can see how that might get mixed up if you're not a fan :mrgreen: I'm guessing you were more impressed by Miles because he made more of an impact in conference games and towards the end of the year. Giles showed flashes, but still needs to learn how to run in college....too much lateral running thinking he can sweep to the outside and bust one like you can in high school. With Stephen Garcia it's funny....he made great strides last year in becoming a better qb, but he's still the goat for anything bad that happens, whether it's his fault or not. Garcia's got the tools and ability, he just needs an O-line that will block for him and for Spurrier to quit playing the mindfuck games with him.

And I definitely agree with you, this year is set up for the Gamecocks to make a breakthrough. Ultimately though, I think UF just has too much talent.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410

If the Gamecocks are ever going to make a serious run in the SEC, this is the season to do it. I still think that UF is by far the class of the East division, but with a new QB and with the UF defense having to replace some key playmakers, USC and UGA need to take advantage. The South Carolina/Southern Miss game is a good one to start the season; September 2nd is very close now!
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Gotta pull for my Gators!
    ...gonna be interesting seeing how Tebows replacement fills in.
    John Brantley is going to shock a lot of people. Shane Matthews swears he's the best quarterback he's ever seen. I think a one-loss season and an SEC title would land us in the BCS championship. Bama & LSU are tough back-to-back games but I think we'll destroy LSU in the swamp (hopefully at night). I'll tell you what though, I think Florida State could have a tough team this year if their D can slow anyone down. That will be the last hurdle. GATOR BAIT BABY!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    The AP Top 25 poll was revealed in detail on ESPN this morning. Alabama is #1, followed by Ohio State, Boise State, Florida, and Texas. Six SEC teams (including four from the West division) made the rankings: Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

it begins.....TONIGHT :clap:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    it begins.....TONIGHT :clap:
    THIS!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    Buckeyes roll. as expected. looked a little sloppy at times. lot more passing than i expected. i'm guessing we will see a little more power I next week. I love a power running game. must shore up that kicking game. way too much penetration. defense look ok, although the front 4 need to generate a lot more pressure than what they did last night.

up next, a big matchup with the cains.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • If I'm betting on a national champion....I'm afraid I would have to put my money on Bama....which really pains me to say because I absolutely loathe everything that is the Crimson Tide. Why? I'm an Ole Miss fan.

And speaking of the Rebels....what is everyone's thoughts about the Jeremiah Masoli deal?
    He was suspended for the season by Oregon because he was arrested twice within six months or so. He transferred to Ole Miss after that and was said to almost certainly be immediately eligible to play because he already had his undergraduate degree and if he transferred to a school offering a graduate program not offered at Oregon he could play. Ole Miss contacted him because one of the three qbs on the roster transferred when he realized he wasn't going to get any playing time.
    So, this has been going on for two months or so...he's been practicing with the team...and the NCAA ruled him ineligible this Tuesday.
    They gave two reasons...
    1. he was not in good standing with his former team and therefore his suspension should follow him
    2. his move was motivated solely by athletics and not at all by academics

I can see that, but it seems like the NCAA is making up the rules as they go along.
    Although it is most definitely true, I don't the idea of the NCAA assuming to know what his motives were for transferring.
    The Rebs could've been pretty dangerous with Masoli I believe, but they won't be much of a threat to anybody worth damn without him unless Stanley really surprises me.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Thank you Utah for beating Pitt last night!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Yellow Ledbelly (sorry, quote function isn't working on my phone right now), my thoughts concerning Masoli are:

he should have been cleared by the NCAA to play...there are certain requirements to meet for that kind of transfer and he met them...internal matters at Oregon have no effect on his eligibility at other schools from a legal aspect

now whether or not Ole Miss (or any other school) should have accepted him is another issue altogether....you can argue the ethics of this all day....unfortunately for your team the NCAA seems to be making their ruling based on the ethics of the situation, which imo is clearly wrong and sets a dangerous precendent going forward

personally, I was hoping no school would take him and that he'd have to serve his punishment from Oregon
  • Yellow Ledbelly (sorry, quote function isn't working on my phone right now), my thoughts concerning Masoli are:

he should have been cleared by the NCAA to play...there are certain requirements to meet for that kind of transfer and he met them...internal matters at Oregon have no effect on his eligibility at other schools from a legal aspect

now whether or not Ole Miss (or any other school) should have accepted him is another issue altogether....you can argue the ethics of this all day....unfortunately for your team the NCAA seems to be making their ruling based on the ethics of the situation, which imo is clearly wrong and sets a dangerous precendent going forward

personally, I was hoping no school would take him and that he'd have to serve his punishment from Oregon
    Yeah, I definitely had mixed feelings about them giving him a chance. I don't think it ever would've crossed Nutt's mind if the other quarterback had not transferred. I'm a bit disappointed he won't be playing strictly because they won't be as good without him, but I can see where the NCAA is coming from and can't really bitch about it. I do agree that making this ruling does set a dangerous precedent for the NCAA. Nutt says in today's paper that he is aware of probably a dozen similar cases, but nothing really springs to mind for me...

Oh well, my Rebels may not be much count this season, but college football is back and I'm happy. Love it

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,762
    I'm glad the season is here. The black hole of sports from May through the summer is over!
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Well I'll be damned...Ole Miss and Masoli actually won their appeal...he can play immediately. Can't believe the NCAA actually reversed a decision!
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5528636

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Go Hawks!!!!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    UConn vs. Michigan on ABC 3:30 ET!!! Let's go Huskies!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    PSU!

good one right now with unc and lsu...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    PSU!

Missed the game but I hear the kid looked pretty damn good.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    PSU!

Missed the game but I hear the kid looked pretty damn good.

yup. i didn't see it either but he played well. apparently he's got some poise for a young buck. we'll see about that next week though.

funny how he is not allowed to talk to the media since he's only a true freshman....yet the starting qb. :lol:

really hurts knowing this would have been devlin's team this year. psu really screwed themselves sticking with clarke.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    fuckin virginia tech....

i was so hoping they would knock off boise state. i'm so sick of hearing about how great they are.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fuckin virginia tech....

i was so hoping they would knock off boise state. i'm so sick of hearing about how great they are.

that's a quality team dude. horrendous uniforms but a quality team.

i hate your buckeyes but miami is the dallas cowboys of the college football. i hope osu destroys them.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    81 wrote:
    fuckin virginia tech....

i hate your buckeyes but miami is the dallas cowboys of the college football. i hope osu destroys them.
    +1 on the destroy part of this post!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuckin virginia tech....

i'm a psu guy. my best friend is a fraud college football fan. he fell in love with miami because he thought they were cool wearing fatigues to the orange bowl in '87. plus he's quite fond of ripping on the big 10. so, more that anything, i am rooting for an ass kicking so i can proceed to talk shit on him for the foreseeable future
    chinese-happy.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fuckin virginia tech....

quality or not, i'm sick of all teh boise state dick sucking. every time you turn on the tv, or read a sports page....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    mickeyrat wrote:

i'm a psu guy. my best friend is a fraud college football fan. he fell in love with miami because he thought they were cool wearing fatigues to the orange bowl in '87. plus he's quite fond of ripping on the big 10. so, more that anything, i am rooting for an ass kicking so i can proceed to talk shit on him for the foreseeable future
    hehehe. remind him the 02 Nat Champ game wher Clarett(douche that he is) stole that ball from the Miami player after the interception in the 2nd half. That game was righteous. But that was 8 years ago, Cmon Bucks , what have you done for me lately!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14