PJ Radio

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I've always loved Thumbing My Way so it was great to hear that. You Are is awesome!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    wolkenlos wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Maybe make it a daily thing? One show a day?

goodbye real life :D

haha. :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Another suggestion, Rob...born from the Euro Thread conversation last night about the best version of Black...

How about you pick a half-hour to an hour every week (12p PST on Tuesday for example) and do a "Best Version" show-- Start the conversation on Monday of what we think is the best live version of a song, and then, with your editorial input of course, play the song 6 or 7 times in a row at the scheduled time and we can debate/vote on what is the best version. Each week would be a new song.

I went through a version of this myself for an Ipod PlaylistI did for a marathon I was running. I have roughly 45 boots and went through some 25 versions of Porch to find the best one (Santa Barbara, 7/13/06) to kick in around Mile 22! Not to mention the best Army Reserve, Gone, Amongst the Waves...etc.
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    wolkenlos wrote:
    :shock: this setlist is getting better and better!
    It is endeed... :)

I love Ed's voice in I Am Mine....
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
    wolkenlos wrote:
    cos riot act and binaural is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    wolkenlos wrote:
    cos riot act and binaural is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    they need a lot more love!!
    Another suggestion, Rob...born from the Euro Thread conversation last night about the best version of Black...

How about you pick a half-hour to an hour every week (12p PST on Tuesday for example) and do a "Best Version" show-- Start the conversation on Monday of what we think is the best live version of a song, and then, with your editorial input of course, play the song 6 or 7 times in a row at the scheduled time and we can debate/vote on what is the best version. Each week would be a new song.

I went through a version of this myself for an Ipod PlaylistI did for a marathon I was running. I have roughly 45 boots and went through some 25 versions of Porch to find the best one (Santa Barbara, 7/13/06) to kick in around Mile 22! Not to mention the best Army Reserve, Gone, Amongst the Waves...etc.

I'd vote Nothing As It Seems to be the first song to do the best-of... Mansfield III would be one version for me.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Another suggestion, Rob...born from the Euro Thread conversation last night about the best version of Black...

I'd vote Nothing As It Seems to be the first song to do the best-of... Mansfield III would be one version for me.

I'll vote for Rock im Park 2000 :D

great idea!!!..i really love this!!!pj radio give us the chance to enjoy pj all day,,i think bring new ideas is great!!and Rob helps alot and try the best to put as more into the radio...so as it seems always new things will coming!!!perfecto!!!!!!!!!!!! :) listen whole shows,old version we never listen in the past..even to listen the boots from resent tour and choose which to buy..e.t.c
    :lol::lol::lol: you guys are kidding!!!!!!!
    this is for the old people to remember and young to learn....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    howard...been thinking of something like that already, just a matter of implementing it...want to do a 'dream setlist' feature too. all in good time.
    And best Porch? gotta be Cleveland or Hartford from this year. Also the one from the Austin City Limits TV taping was rather insane.
  • So I can confirm whether I read correctly, 2010-07-10, Oeiras is coming out today or tomorrow is it?
    NHiding wrote:
    howard...been thinking of something like that already, just a matter of implementing it...want to do a 'dream setlist' feature too. all in good time.
    And best Porch? gotta be Cleveland or Hartford from this year. Also the one from the Austin City Limits TV taping was rather insane.

Hartford!! I think the last two versions from Hartford of Porch were great.
    NHiding wrote:
    ahem!!!!i think i saw you in venice..remember u anything??. 8-):mrgreen:

Oh I know that version. I had to put that video on my iTunes.
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300

This one is great. I have this in my youtube favourites :)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
    and this is a great version of better man!!!!!!!!
    Love me some Parting Ways.
    are we already in the first encore?!
    wolkenlos wrote:
    are we already in the first encore?!
    Don't think so. Maybe RVM is the last song of the first set.
    and songs seems to play slow than last years tours
  • NHiding wrote:

Let the debate begin...because what makes for a great version of Porch? For me, at least with regards to 'needing' Porch at Mile 22, I love the funky, Ed scratching out the new rhythmic opening, followed by a blistering up-tempo solo from Mike, an Ed chant as we head back towards the chorus, building to a crescendo where Ed holds on to the words 'good', 'look' 'beside' and 'need' ("Hear my name, take a gooood looook" and "Lie besiiiide me, I just neeeed to say") and finally he has to get out all of the lyrics to: "To know that I would not ever touch you, feel you, hold you in my arrrrrrms, never again, eh, eh" and all of the Yeah, eh, eh, Yeah, eh eh, Yeah, eh's...

...and Santa Barnara 2006 nailed it...also, having been at the show, and starting with an amazing acoustic set at sundown, the build up to this moment of Porch added to everything!

on second thought, Rob, my boss thinks this is a terrible idea for a show...I just wasted 20 minutes on this instead of doing work! :lol:
  • Newch91 wrote:
    NHiding wrote:

Hartford!! I think the last two versions from Hartford of Porch were great.

:thumbup:

SOLAT, Aint Talkin Bout Love, Porch
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    upon reading your suggestion again, I would never repeat songs in a row, especially more than 2x. Just doesn't make for good radio. but maybe we can do something where we play one, have listeners vote on it, something along those lines.
    but lately on Porch, what has been sending them over the top? STONE.
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
    oh fuckin' internet... kicked me out.
    what did he say about grandmas attic?!
    as for best porch..
    we ALL know the answer to that
    pro-choice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaOO3rMWUk

enjoy the best band ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • NHiding wrote:
    upon reading your suggestion again, I would never repeat songs in a row, especially more than 2x. Just doesn't make for good radio. but maybe we can do something where we play one, have listeners vote on it, something along those lines.
    but lately on Porch, what has been sending them over the top? STONE.

I understand the concern with playing songs over and over...but perhaps there's a "Die Hards-only" 1/2 hour where this can exist...although how many non-die-hards are listening???

Please enlighten me as to what Stone is doing differently...while I love music, I don't always get/see/understand the intricacies...
  • as for best porch..
    we ALL know the answer to that
    pro-choice
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWaOO3rMWUk

enjoy the best band ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

This was my first real exposure to them--I had heard "Alive" on the radio but the Unplugged performance is what made me run out and buy the record and start my obsession...
    although how many non-die-hards are listening???
    i want to know that number!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: