Options

Can anybody see what this actually is?

Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
edited June 2008 in The Porch
http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=1

Apparently its the poster from the Manchester UK 2000 show that i went to and as i have gone on a bit of a "get all the posters from shows i went" kind of thing i found this one on Ames site. I didn't even care/know about the ames posters back in 2000 so feel i need to get it now theres actually one out there! :)

edit* As pointed out below, i have the wrong poster coming up on my link, no wonder people are seeing the dinosaur thing!!! The one coming up is obviously a dinosaur now, i meant to show this poster

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1667/trades

Doh!
Black, the greatest without a doubt........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    hmmm, looks like a dinosaur eating some smaller creature to me!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=1

Apparently its the poster from the Manchester UK 2000 show that i went to and as i have gone on a bit of a "get all the posters from shows i went" kind of thing i found this one on Ames site. I didn't even care/know about the ames posters back in 2000 so feel i need to get it now theres actually one out there! :)

expressobeans.com is your friend. go there see more pics

edit: I looked at more pics and still can't figure out what is going on
  • Options
    looks like a big blob of absolutely nothing. I wonder if the book has anything on it
  • Options

yeah sort of :confused:

i was thinking more of a frog being stood on by a cape wearing turtle putting its hand in its mouth......
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    expressobeans.com is your friend. go there see more pics

thanks, i didn't even realise until you pinted it out that there are multiple images of one poster simply by clicking Next!

Now for the next question, do i make an offer to the folks on expressobeans selling for $40 and $50 or just go the whole hog and get the s/n version off Ames site?

$65 seems a little steep for a blob of nothing though doesn't it :eek:
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,740
    It's a large dinosaur eating a smaller one, but I have a theory that it's supposed to abstractly represent this:

http://www.simonov.net/images/bloc.jpg

The poster is titled "East Bloc 2000." If you look real hard you can see the resemblance between the poster and the map. Is it a political statement about Communism trying to swallow western europe? I don't know... but that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    Aaah! Could it be a tron like version of a map of the UK???

I might even open my still sealed Ames book to see if there is any info on what it is supposed to be.......
  • Options
    thanks, i didn't even realise until you pinted it out that there are multiple images of one poster simply by clicking Next!

Now for the next question, do i make an offer to the folks on expressobeans selling for $40 and $50 or just go the whole hog and get the s/n version off Ames site?

$65 seems a little steep for a blob of nothing though doesn't it :eek:

looks like a A/P sold on ebay for $31 not too long ago... I would wait it out, message the people and ask them if they are S/N then lowball them!
  • Options
    DeLukin wrote:
    It's a large dinosaur eating a smaller one,

i just can't see this one at all and you're the second person to say it, new glasses time or a different view on art is needed me thinks! :D
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    this is an awful poster isnt it? I'm sure its nothing to do with Manchester either, there were only two the handbill and the map of the Uk poster....
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    it's a T-Rex eating what looks like maybe a Triceratops?? definitely not a blob of nothingness
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    stupid double-post
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Aaah! Could it be a tron like version of a map of the UK???

I might even open my still sealed Ames book to see if there is any info on what it is supposed to be.......

People clicking on your link aren't seeing the Manchester poster btw they're seeing the 'East Bloc 2000' one which is why some of the comments don't match the UK poster.

I have the poster (got is s/n from Ames for $40 last year when they had a sale) as went to Wembley '00 and I always thought it was meant to kindof resemble a map of the UK
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    looks like a A/P sold on ebay for $31 not too long ago... I would wait it out, message the people and ask them if they are S/N then lowball them!

what's a A/P? excuse my poster ignorance :o

i guess lowball them means offer them less? Obviously!
  • Options
    who cares?
  • Options
    what's a A/P? excuse my poster ignorance :o

i guess lowball them means offer them less? Obviously!

A/Ps are the signed and numbered ones

lowball would mean if they are asking $50 you offer them $40 and they would probably take the offer.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    x2
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    People clicking on your link aren't seeing the Manchester poster btw they're seeing the 'East Bloc 2000' one which is why some of the comments don't match the UK poster.

I have the poster (got is s/n from Ames for $40 last year when they had a sale) as went to Wembley '00 and I always thought it was meant to kindof resemble a map of the UK & Ireland

Shit! I wondered where people were getting the dinosaur thing from! I was squinting and turning my head sideways and everything to see what they were seeing aswell lol.

And yeah im with ya on the map of uk thing,

cheers
  • Options
    who cares?

Well you almost cared hence your clicking on the thread :p

Thanks for your invaluable input anyway ;):D