Options

Im going f'in insane

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited June 2010 in The Porch
So this week I lost my job...my father was admitted to the hospital for the third time in 2 months and probably will not leave I'm told...and my fiance' who I have been with 6 1/2 years has been in France for the past ten days. My days have been filled with visiting my dad and coming home to an empty house and drinking enough so I can pass out and sleep. I feel like I'm on an island by myself, but at the same time wish that island would just sink. Just have the bs stop.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Hang in there my friend. I'm sure things will get better. Hoping your dad makes it out of the hospital.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 920
    I'm sorry that you are going through so much all at the same tim. I understand it may seem overwhelming but please hang in there. I pray and hope that your father gets well. Miracles happen every day. I hope that you find comfort in knowing there are complete strangers out there that are praying for you and sending you good thoughts and wishes. Be well, stay healthy, have hope, don't give up.

I hope we hear good news from you soon. Please take care of yourself.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Hey man,

sorry to hear bout your rough week. funnily enough just this morning I was letting things get on top of me, and i decided to let my ipod play me a random 'track of wisdom' and holy shit it worked! It came up with the pearl jam cover of 'won't back down'. dr topaz prescribes this as a mandatory blasting track for you, my friend.

...in a world that keeps on pushin me around I'm gonna stand my ground, and I won't back down...

sounds like world is definitely pushing you around. stand your ground! hope next week brings better things
  • Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 571
    Hang in there, I was off for 9 months last year and I have 4 kids to feed. Everything happens for a reason, just remember....

"Sometimes Life, wont leave you alone"
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    I don't know you, still want to say I'm sorry that your dad is ill.
    You must be feeling powerless right now, but as everybody here has already said, hang in there, things get better when given time.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Hang in there, buddy. When I was going through a rough time, a good friend said that it is important to feel. Both good and bad, that's part of life's journey.
  • Options
    Stypo420Stypo420 Posts: 519
    Just Breath man all these things are out of your control. Just hang on and hope for the best in time things will settle down. I hope your father gets back on his feet.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    put the bottle down

i hope things get better for you
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    "our future's paved with better days" hang in there friend!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i sincerely hope everything gets better for you. take a lot of deep breaths & hold on. i know how bumpy life can be, but it will get easier.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    That's a lot to handle, all at once. I hope things take a turn for the better for you.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Hang on in there, it's really tough right now, and I know right now it doesn't seem like it - but things will improve. Pm if you need to.

Take care.
  • Options
    fuck I was banned over the weekend when I saw this and so badly wanted to respond. Dude, I've been in dark places, and I know it's cliche, but YOU HAVE TO KNOW IT WILL GET BETTER. It always does. Even if it gets darker still, it WILL get better at some point. Hang in there.

I also know that booze seems like a good and only solution right now, but it can lead down a dark and eventually lonely path. Try to control it as best you can, don't let it get out of hand. Don't ever let it control you.

I don't know you, but pm me if you need to. I'll listen, and if you want, can offer some of my experiences as well. It might help.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Stay busy and stay away from the booze... it'll only make things worse. Good luck to you.