Options

Heard Bettter Days on the Radio today...

2»

Comments

• Options
    shortstack wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I heard Just Breathe while shopping in Lowes today. :)

me too!

As an employee of Lowe's, just want to say thank you both for shopping there.

Always one of the little highlights of my day, hearing this song. They've been playing it pretty frequently for the last couple of months.
  • Options
    ADogNamedPilateADogNamedPilate Texas, USA Posts: 291
    Kpatrick wrote:
    I just saw on EW.com that "Better Days" is Ed's contribution to the new Julia Roberts movie, "Eat, Pray, Love."
    Not sure if anyone else has heard this. Apparently it was leaked from the films soundtrack.
    The 93.3 WMMR website, http://www.wmmr.com/shows/preston-and-steve/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10118246, says the same thing.
    Probably from EW haha.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    Kpatrick wrote:
    I just saw on EW.com that "Better Days" is Ed's contribution to the new Julia Roberts movie, "Eat, Pray, Love."
    Not sure if anyone else has heard this. Apparently it was leaked from the films soundtrack.

the comments people posted under this article are so funny...

"I’d just like to point out that the song was NOT “hacked” but rather simply downloaded from an UNSECURED (at the time) website."

" will second the comments that PJ fans did not go on and hack the site like a bunch of rabid animals. it was accidentally posted, then spread virally. that’s the internets."

"Ugh. Pearl Jam Fans: We’re such geeks…"

haha
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    Kpatrick wrote:

Here are sections of the article. I edited out a website's name. Otherwise it's untouched.

Also, after reading one side's version of how the song was discovered and copied, I'd have to say I think EW's use of the term "hacked" is inaccurate. But then again, they're not exactly known for being paragons of hard journalism.

by Whitney Pastorek
    Categories: An EW Exclusive!, Leaks, News, Pearl Jam, Soundtracks

Over the past couple of days, the always-exciteable members of the Pearl Jam message board community have been scrambling to figure out the origin of an accidentally leaked Eddie Vedder-sung track apparently called “Better Days.” The song was hacked from the secure site of XXXXXXXXXXXX, and spread — as such things do — like wildfire across the web, with speculation ranging from “It’s a lost track from Riot Act!” to “It’s this year’s Christmas single!”

How about: It’s Eddie Vedder’s contribution to the Eat Pray Love soundtrack! A source close to the band has confirmed exclusively to EW.com that the track is a new original from Vedder, intended to play during this summer’s Julia Roberts-starring odyssey. Lyrics like “My love is saved for the universe, see me now I’m bursting / on one planet, so many turns, different worlds” would certainly seem to jive with Elizabeth Gilbert’s story of global self-discovery, and there’s an exotic edge to the instrumentation that could happily live in Italy, or India, or Indonesia. Eat Pray Love star Javier Bardem and Vedder are friends, which may explain Ed’s participation. And considering 7 million people or something bought Gilbert’s book, it’s a savvy involvement for anyone.

Now that we know what the song’s for, what do you think, Mixers? (And you, Jamily friends?) A worthy contribution to the soundtrack? A worthy soundtrack for Vedder to contribute to? And if you’ve just now heard the leak, what do you think?
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    Gibson wrote:
    Arkum's razor tells me that the DJ('s) in Philly might just be a huge PJ fan(s). I'd put some money that maybe they are just doing it to please those fans "in the know?"

Arkum's razor gives the Joker a close shave.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    As I stated in another thread, we'll probably get to hear this at EV's next solo tour.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,342
    rrivers wrote:
    Gibson wrote:
    Arkum's razor tells me that the DJ('s) in Philly might just be a huge PJ fan(s). I'd put some money that maybe they are just doing it to please those fans "in the know?"

Arkum's razor gives the Joker a close shave.

I appreciate this joke, and so does William of Occam (not to mention William of Ockham).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.