Options

Seattle

2»

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    StalkingForDummies.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MDMMDM Posts: 64
    There have been plenty of threads on this topic in the past as well so do a search and you may dig up plenty of other great ideas and places to visit...

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Post edited by MDM on
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Check out this thread also for some ideas. I had a blast last September for the shows.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117268
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    morgie2 wrote:
    Check out this thread also for some ideas. I had a blast last September for the shows.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=117268

Thanks a lot!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I like McCormick & Schmick's for seafood (the Crab Pot I love too-they are more informal), The 5 point for a greasy spoon, make sure you go to the men's bathroom and look at the Space Needle thru the periscope (my guy friends watched the door for me while I went in there :o ) Gotta have a Dick's hamburger. Def go to Pike Place, EMP, on the waterfront, go to the Ye O'le Curiousity Shoppe (it's like a Seattle version of Ripley's). The Kurt exhibit is at SAM, though it is different artist renditions of what Kurt means to them, no Nirvana memorbilia. Bruce & Brandon Lee are at Lakeview Cemetery on Capitol Hill, Jimi Hendrix is in Renton. I believe Kurt's old house is in the 1400 block on Lake Washington Blvd...HAVE FUN! Sunday is supposed to be nice...pouring right now!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    zchick wrote:
    I like McCormick & Schmick's for seafood (the Crab Pot I love too-they are more informal), The 5 point for a greasy spoon, make sure you go to the men's bathroom and look at the Space Needle thru the periscope (my guy friends watched the door for me while I went in there :o ) Gotta have a Dick's hamburger. Def go to Pike Place, EMP, on the waterfront, go to the Ye O'le Curiousity Shoppe (it's like a Seattle version of Ripley's). The Kurt exhibit is at SAM, though it is different artist renditions of what Kurt means to them, no Nirvana memorbilia. Bruce & Brandon Lee are at Lakeview Cemetery on Capitol Hill, Jimi Hendrix is in Renton. I believe Kurt's old house is in the 1400 block on Lake Washington Blvd...HAVE FUN! Sunday is supposed to be nice...pouring right now!

Oh, great tips, thx!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,560
    uh....hello?.....beer!

Hales Ales in Fremont
    Red Hook in Woodinville
    Bigtime Brewing

etc, etc, etc.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    article-0-001EC5AD00000258-158_468x303.jpg
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    Places to see? What about all Seattle!!! Man that's a beautiful city!!! the people is very polite, the architecture is great, the weather (believe it or not) is wonderful, what's not to love :D

Hey, I would have never thought of Seattle as a city with great architecture, but since I am an architecture lover myself and I am going to Seattle at the end of the month, can you give me some tips or maybe point out some buildings that you particularly liked? Thanks! :D
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,944
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Thank you!!
  • Options
    When I was there many many years ago '99?...I went to Renton and took a purple crayon etching of Jimi's grave....some fucker later stole it from me in Vancouver along with my rain jacket (i still don't know what pisses me off more?!)...but it came out cool...it's a nice spot...Go and check it out if you have time...and easystreet is a must...Have a great time!
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    When I was there many many years ago '99?...I went to Renton and took a purple crayon etching of Jimi's grave....some fucker later stole it from me in Vancouver along with my rain jacket (i still don't know what pisses me off more?!)...but it came out cool...it's a nice spot...Go and check it out if you have time...and easystreet is a must...Have a great time!

Fucker! :evil: And your rain jacket....? :x You know I'd actually wondered if the etching was purple. And yes it was.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    zomg it's dunc!
  • Options

Ahhh, can't wait! Thanks! Sorry about your jacket... :?
  • Options
    Cradles Broken GlassCradles Broken Glass Posts: 1,409
    edited June 2010
    Bump...b/c I too plan on making a pilgrimage to Seattle (someday) and I want to keep track of this thread. I love the suggestions so far. :D
    Post edited by Cradles Broken Glass on
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    Bump...b/c I too plan on making a pilgrimage to Seattle (someday) and I want to keep track of this thread. I love the suggestions so far. :D
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.