Options

The hardest song on Eddie?

2»

Comments

• Options
    arq wrote:

Well i want Ed to be safe as possible, there's so many records/concerts to come and i want to hear him live at least 500 times more.

+1
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Nothingman.

I have heard stories of people requesting it before shows and Ed telling them that his voice just isn't up to it. That would also explain why such an amazing and beautiful song has become a rarity.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Brisk. wrote:
    OCEANS!

That's the one I thought of when I saw the thread title
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Nothingman.

I have heard stories of people requesting it before shows and Ed telling them that his voice just isn't up to it. That would also explain why such an amazing and beautiful song has become a rarity.
    Thanks PJ for that in Hartford, it was amazing, and Ed's words leading in.
    I too cringe when I hear him do certain songs. For me, I don't need to hear him scream or strain his voice. It is just very beautiful and I would be fine with letting some of the songs like that go rare to insure his voice stays so. Can times be a changin now? Really its ok maybe its time.
  • Options
    I believe on this tour Comatose and Life Wasted were both tuned down from their original tunings. That ususally is a good indication that the singer can't sing in that key anymore. Which is a HUGE bummer imo. I liked the grittier slightly more pissed off Ed. And I'm having a hard to dealing with the idea that Ed can't get there vocally anymore. It's bothersome. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    I heard Evacuation is a tough song for him to sing, but even if it wasn't, I don't think they'd play it more often.

yep this is the one.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    ....And I'm having a hard...

You're having a hard because of that :shock:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?