PJ Radio

Comments

• Anybody notice SOLAT from the spectrum on PJ radio (10/27)?
    Wachovia 05 -- Irving Plaza 06 -- East Rutherford II 06 -- The Vic 07 -- Lollapalooza 07 -- Camden I,II 08 -- D.C. 08 -- MSG I,II 08 -- Chicago I,II 09, Spectrum II,III,IV 09 -- SNL 2010 -- Cleavland 2010 -- MSG I 2010
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    81 wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    tough to listen to boots when crusing down the highway to the show... plus 128 kbs is dog crap in terms of digital quality. even stuff in the 320 range sounds lacking in my truck. i typically rip boots at 1000kbs to use on my ipod in the truck. even at that level, they don't soudn as good as cd's
    Dude, that's crazy! You should've got a stereo that can play lossless files. CD quality is 1411kbps. You could expect FLAC or anything lossless to get under 1000kbps (maybe 700kbps depending on the particular recording) and that would be exactly CD quality, no compromise.

:lol: i'm currently importing with itunes with my settings on apple lossless encorder. if you have a better import suggestion, i'm all ears.

i did some digging on flac stereo's and from what i remember, it was nearly impossible to find one that played them. but this was a couple of years back.

all things considered, i'm not unhappy with my encoding or stereo performance. i just can't listen to low quality music with the sound turned up. it just goes to crap and really makes my ears hurt
    I'm not too familiar with ALAC, but if it's lossless it will be identical to CD quality. I'm surprised your files end up at 1000kbps and don't sound as good as CDs. I'd expect more like 700kbps give or take and perfect sound.
  • VedrtekVedrtek Posts: 12
    PJ Radio........BRILLIANT! Goodonya 10C
    Vedrtek
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    bazzer wrote:
    I'm not too familiar with ALAC, but if it's lossless it will be identical to CD quality. I'm surprised your files end up at 1000kbps and don't sound as good as CDs. I'd expect more like 700kbps give or take and perfect sound.

just looking at backspacer, they range from 769 to 1076.

for the most part they sound good, just a tick less than a cd. my first rip was in the 320 range and mp3 and that sounded bad. found an old show that was at like 194 and it was unlistenable.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPJSPJ BRIGANTINE BEACH Posts: 255
    Kufala wrote:
    It will not work on an iPhone or iPad as they do not support flash but hopefully it will be integrated into the app soon.
    KUFALA

This is great Kufala Thank you!
    Although I have the app on the iphone, it's pretty much worthless unless you like checking the community. I was able to add PJ radio to the homescreen, (thanks Beachman44). If the app was shined up and this was added, it would be a great app. I really dig the vintage radio look, it reminds me of a Grundig I had growing up,
  • KufalaKufala Posts: 48
    PJ RADIO DOWNTIME AT 9:00PM PST FOR 15MIN-30MIN.

WE WILL BE PREFORMING UPGRADES TO THE SERVER TO BEEF UP USER CAPACITY AS THE RESPONSE TO THE STATION HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING. THE UPGRADES WILL START AT 9PM PST AND SHOULD LAST UNTIL 9:15-9:30PM AT THE LONGEST. ANYONE CURRENTLY CONNECTED WILL LOOSE THEIR CONNECTION AND WILL HAVE TO RECONNECT ONCE THE SERVER IS BACK ONLINE AND BROADCASTING. IF YOU TRY TO CONNECT DURING THAT TIME PERIOD IT WILL NOT ALLOW THE STREAM TO INITIATE.

IF ANYONE COMPLAINS DURING THAT TIME CAN SOMEONE REPOST THIS MESSAGE FOR THEM.

KUFALA
    Peace
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Kufala wrote:

it can be posted a thousand times and someone will still complain ;):lol:

good job on the radio :thumbup:
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Kufala wrote:

KUFALA

:lol:
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    norm wrote:
    Kufala wrote:

Yes , good job.

But the complainers part? Been around long? hehehe
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!! SO AWESOME IT DESERVES ALL CAPS!!!

HUMONGOUS thanks to PJ, PJ's sound crew from 1991-current, PJ management and Kufala for making this happen.

Just can't stop listening to this. So addicting.

The Vault has slightly been cracked open. Now someone just needs to figure out how to crack that mf'er open. (Damn you, Sony!) :)

PJ!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Free ideas: Streaming app for smart phones; eventually allowing fans to purchase Vault shows (sigh ... dream); link for each song to the show's setlist/song lyrics.

p.p.s. It's now playing "Immortality" from 6/20/95. Ah!!!
  • DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    should make the radio part of the app. would be sweet like pandora. cover art or posters for unofficial boots.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,978
    Kufala wrote:

WE WILL BE PREFORMING UPGRADES TO THE SERVER TO BEEF UP USER CAPACITY AS THE RESPONSE TO THE STATION HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING. THE UPGRADES WILL START AT 9PM PST AND SHOULD LAST UNTIL 9:15-9:30PM AT THE LONGEST. ANYONE CURRENTLY CONNECTED WILL LOOSE THEIR CONNECTION AND WILL HAVE TO RECONNECT ONCE THE SERVER IS BACK ONLINE AND BROADCASTING. IF YOU TRY TO CONNECT DURING THAT TIME PERIOD IT WILL NOT ALLOW THE STREAM TO INITIATE.

KUFALA

Here's my complaint: we're on Daylight Time right now, so I think you mean 9 p.m. PDT, unless you're only addressing people in Arizona, Hawai'i and U.S. territories.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    norm wrote:
    Kufala wrote:

:lol:

So this works, i am in exile for a little bit hahahahaha

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

BF25394 wrote:
    Kufala wrote:

KUFALA

Here's my complaint: we're on Daylight Time right now, so I think you mean 9 p.m. PDT, unless you're only addressing people in Arizona, Hawai'i and U.S. territories.
    OH MY GOD!!!!! WTF!!!! Who fucking cares.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Kufala wrote:

KUFALA
    So this is to help prevent the cutout I'm experiencing at the moment?

Can't be said enough. You guys are awesome. From the 08 boots experience and now this? 2 thumbs up!!!!

• ruggs1996ruggs1996 Posts: 566
    Black DIamond (Vic '07) There is an official '07 boot out there!
    Camden 2 (2008) 
    Philly 1 and 4 (2009)
    Newark (2010)
    MSG 1 (2010)
    Toronto 1 and 2 (2011)
    Brooklyn 1 and 2 (2013)
    Philly 2 (2013)
    Greenville (2016)
    Columbia (2016)
    MSG 2 (2016)
    Fenway 2 (2016)
    EV NJPAC (2022)
    MSG (2022)
    Denver (2022)
    ruggs1996 wrote:
    Black DIamond (Vic '07) There is an official '07 boot out there!
    could be. Or it's a high quality fan made. They're pulling this stuff from everywhere it's available.

No cutout here, in fact no problems at all ;):D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• OnTheEdgeOnTheEdge Posts: 1,300
    PEARL JAM YOU FUCKING ROCK!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS. tHIS WILL BE PLAYING IN MY BACKGROUND EVERY TIME I'M ON THE COMPUTER FOR SURE. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    wow, Hawaii!! :)
    wah
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,784
    This is awesome... I've been listening for an hour. I can't believe some of the recordings I'm hearing. I leave the player off the screen and try and guess which years the live recordings are. I can't believe how much early stuff I'm hearing, and how great the quality is.
    I have one problem with this Pearl Jam Radio thing..........I'M NEVER GOING TO GET MYSELF TO GO TO BED TONIGHT!
  • nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    Right on! The first song from a show i've been to! Real Me- San Fran
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Best part is listening them evolve. "The Real Me" in '09 compared to "Habit" in '95 sounds like PJ compared to a garage band. (And "Habit" in '95 still sounded awesome.)

Matt Cameron changes everything.
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    edited May 2010
    Is everyone listening to the same song now? Mankind NY 1998?
    Post edited by WashMyLove on
    WashMyLove wrote:
    I everyone listening to the same song now? Mankind NY 1998?
    yep.
    It'd be cool if they had a listeners online deal.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Even Flow from London O2 last year - the best sounding boot in a loooooooooong time!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    goldrush wrote:
    Even Flow from London O2 last year - the best sounding boot in a loooooooooong time!

Love when you can hear the crowd sing.
    Yes it will be cool we all can talk about the song that's playing. remenisce about the show if attended.
    I see this thread being a record breaker for most post. :thumbup:
    92 GARDEN

:D:D:mrgreen::D:D

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows