Most hated MLB teams

Comments

• Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    YANKEES!!
    Save room for dessert!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,686
    1. St. Louis Cardinals (I'm a Cubs fan)
    2. Chicago White Sox (same)
    3. New York Yankees (because they buy championships)
    4. Arizona D'Backs (cause their fans are douchebags in my experience)
    5. Milwaukee Brewers (Cubs fan)

I agree with number 4, at least from my experience at their park. It's funny because the team has 5 minutes of history and changes their uniforms completely. Way to build tradition.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    rrivers wrote:
    Brony wrote:

oak and sf hate each other....so there is "hate" for those teams

I hate both those teams.

SF because I'm a Dodger fan.

Oakland because people think Billy Beane walks on water and his teams always suck.

MOST WINS IN THE '00S
    Team Record
    Yankees 965-651*
    Red Sox 920-699**
    Cardinals 913-706*
    Angels 900-720*
    Braves 892-726
    A's 890-728
    Twins 863-758
    Dodgers 862-758
    White Sox 857-764*
    Giants 855-762
    Phillies 850-769*

No success from Beane huh???

You forgot to count all their World Series, oh wait there aren't any. Not any deep playoff runs that I can remember.

I see you are drinking the Kool Aid. Yeah taking all those walks is really working out, right Billy?
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    edited April 2010
    3. New York Yankees (because they buy championships)

care to take a guess which team is number 3 on teh 2010 payroll spend :lol:

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    The Yankees!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    730_20100406120418_335_220_397x224.JPG

Even President Barack Obama took jabs at the Yankees this week, cementing the fact that everybody -- except, of course, Yankee fans -- hates the World Champions. But are they actually the most loathed team in baseball?

Contrary to popular belief, the Yankees are only the fifth-most despised team in the majors, according to an Internet algorithm built by Nielsen Co. that analyzes how people feel about certain things. This service typically uses various keywords to find out whether people have positive, negative or neutral reactions to different brands and products.

No team registered a negative mark on Nielsen's "sentiment scale," which ranges from -5 to 5, but the Yankees (1.8) were one of only six teams to score lower than 2. The Mets finished four spots higher, making them the ninth most-hated team.

"Even Yankee fans don't hate the Mets these days," says Benjamin Kabak, a writer for the River Avenue Blues Yankees blog. "We just feel bad for them."

The San Francisco Giants (4.5) and Oakland Athletics (4.2) were the most-liked teams on this scale, suggesting that laid-back Northern California fans are the most accepting. But the Cleveland Indians' MLB-worst 0.9 was a bit of a surprise. They simply haven't done a lot over the past 13 years to warrant that much attention.

"I can believe that though," says Ed Carroll, who runs the Deep Left Field Indians blog. "The team does a lot to alienate its fans."

The unheralded Cincinnati Reds (1.5) and Houston Astros (1.8) were also in the basement.

The good news for the Yankees is that their low score is better than the only team that really matters: The rival Boston Red Sox, who are the second most-despised team.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/04/2 ... eam-yanks/

I don't if this is so true or not but I'd say it's still the Yankees.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Ive been an Indians fan for 25+ years, but I cant stand them and the state of how the team is run.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Gob wrote:
    Wait, why do people hate the White Sox??? Besides Cubs fans..

their announcers. worst in baseball
    1 - Mets
    2 - Red Sox (and their 10 million fake ass fans)
    3 - Cubs (I hope they go another lifetime without winning)
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    I'd say it would have to be the Yankees and Red Sox as well. The Sox (along with the Cubs) were a team that most non-Yankee fans (White Sox/Cardinals fans in the case of the Cubs) rooted for until they won the Series in 2004 (wait 'til next year for the Cubs). Everyone then jumped on the bandwagon claiming to be Sox fans and the hatred has grown immensely.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I'd have voted for the Pirates. This is 17 years without a winner, that would be a factor in my book because even with smaller revenues you can devote the resources into player development, which clearly they haven't done with much success.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    The Fixer wrote:
    1 - Mets
    2 - Red Sox (and their 10 million fake ass fans)
    3 - Cubs (I hope they go another lifetime without winning)

I don't have a problem with the Red Sox myself but their pink hat post 2004 fans are lame.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    polaris_x wrote:
    my list ...

Red Sox/Yankees/Phillies ... no other team makes it ... :mrgreen:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    This is my personal list

1. Yankees- I hate the 25 and under fanbase. All they are is used to winnings They probably would be shocked to know the yankees could barely bring in 30,000 people during the donnie baseball era and the boss didn't build that 90's core group.

2 braves- god it was so painful to watch year after year these guys kick our ass's. 06 was really sweet for me. Those 99 and 00 playoff games were fun to be at and watch. It was good times cursing out that piece of shit rocker and seeing shea go bat shit crazy. You don't fuck wit new yawk or the no 7 train and expect to get away wit it.

Btw- the yankees don't go out and buy championships.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I'd have voted for the Pirates. This is 17 years without a winner, that would be a factor in my book because even with smaller revenues you can devote the resources into player development, which clearly they haven't done with much success.

they have developed plenty of players of the last 2 decades. they just end up trading them for the next round of players....

i give you in no particular order
    Bay
    Nady
    Morgan
    McCluth
    Schmidt
    Sanchez
    Wilson
    Ramirez

the list goes on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    they probably did this poll in Cleveland which is why the Indians came up. People hate the Indians here right now. They hate the owners and they hate the team. 2 years ago they were up 3-1 in the ALCS, now they suck because the owners are cheap and decided to trade away 2 Cy Young Winners and their All Star catcher and get a pile of shit in return. So this could be the case if you think about it because in the poll Im sure enough people said they liked the Red Sox to equal out the ones who hate them, for the Indians, nobody loves them, even their own fans hate them. If I were polled I would have answered the Indians even though they are my team.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    thunderDAN wrote:
    they probably did this poll in Cleveland which is why the Indians came up. People hate the Indians here right now. They hate the owners and they hate the team. 2 years ago they were up 3-1 in the ALCS, now they suck because the owners are cheap and decided to trade away 2 Cy Young Winners and their All Star catcher and get a pile of shit in return. So this could be the case if you think about it because in the poll Im sure enough people said they liked the Red Sox to equal out the ones who hate them, for the Indians, nobody loves them, even their own fans hate them. If I were polled I would have answered the Indians even though they are my team.

It is crazy what is happening with the Indians. To think that in the 90s, Jacobs field had what, like 4-500 straight sellouts. But hey, at least you guys have Lebron. But if Lebron leaves this summer, we might have to put sporst fans in Cleveland on suicide watch...
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    81 wrote:

they have developed plenty of players of the last 2 decades. they just end up trading them for the next round of players....

Bay
    Nady
    Morgan
    McCluth
    Schmidt
    Sanchez
    Wilson
    Ramirez

the list goes on.

well spending the money to retain them is part of player development.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    81 wrote:

Bay
    Nady
    Morgan
    McCluth
    Schmidt
    Sanchez
    Wilson
    Ramirez

the list goes on.

this post is a joke right?
    thunderDAN wrote:

It is crazy what is happening with the Indians. To think that in the 90s, Jacobs field had what, like 4-500 straight sellouts. But hey, at least you guys have Lebron. But if Lebron leaves this summer, we might have to put sporst fans in Cleveland on suicide watch...

It's funny and sad to think the Indians were ranked so high because their own fans hate them. I sympathize watching the Dodgers this year. In a winnable division they do asbolutely nothing in the offseason to help their
    pitching and now their offense isn't even scoring runs with Manny out.
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Wait, why do people hate the White Sox??? Besides Cubs fans..

I hate the White Sox.
    But I'm a Tigers' fan, so it's OK :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • rrivers wrote:

You forgot to count all their World Series, oh wait there aren't any. Not any deep playoff runs that I can remember.

I see you are drinking the Kool Aid. Yeah taking all those walks is really working out, right Billy?

I missed all of those Dodger World Championships in that time frame... You peaked with the NLCS last year the A's peaked with an ALCS in 2006. You are in no position to talk crap on the A's especially with Ned Colletti being your GM (signing Andrew Jones, Schmidt, Pierre, calling out your best player Matt Kemp this season)
    10/31/2000 (****)
    6/7/2003 (***1/2)
    7/9/2006 (****1/2)
    7/13/2006 (**** )
    4/10/2008 EV Solo (****1/2)
    6/25/2008 MSG II (*****)
    10/1/2009 LA II (****)
    10/6/2009 LA III (***** Cornell!!!)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    rrivers wrote:

I missed all of those Dodger World Championships in that time frame... You peaked with the NLCS last year the A's peaked with an ALCS in 2006. You are in no position to talk crap on the A's especially with Ned Colletti being your GM (signing Andrew Jones, Schmidt, Pierre, calling out your best player Matt Kemp this season)

Calling out Matt Kemp after a bad stretch is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Colletti is a fucking moron.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Calling out Matt Kemp after a bad stretch is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Colletti is a fucking moron.

yeah, that would be like yanks fans booing jeter. oh wait, that happened too
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    The Fixer wrote:
    yeah, that would be like yanks fans booing jeter. oh wait, that happened too

A handful of idiot fans and the GM are very different.
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

Bay
    Nady
    Morgan
    McCluth
    Schmidt
    Sanchez
    Wilson
    Ramirez

the list goes on.

this post is a joke right?

:?: why would it be a joke. they develop good players and then trade them. no HOF's on that list, but plenty of good every day players to build a team with.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    devote the resources into player development, which clearly they haven't done with much success.[/quote]

Bay
    Nady
    Morgan
    McCluth
    Schmidt
    Sanchez
    Wilson
    Ramirez

the list goes on.[/quote]

this post is a joke right?[/quote]

:?: why would it be a joke. they develop good players and then trade them. no HOF's on that list, but plenty of good every day players to build a team with.[/quote]

let's just say it's not a coincidence that none of those players has ever won a WS (nady doesn't count since he didn't play in playoffs). That list is a perfect example of why the team hasn't won in 20 years...those guys are average players at best (bay might be slightly above avg, but I'm not a big fan of his). McCutchen is the first good player to come out of the bucs system since barry bonds
    rrivers wrote:

I was not comparing the Dodgers to the A's but if you want to you will be crushed. The A's are an absolute joke compared to the Dodgers, one of the most historic and iconic franchises in all of sports. I don't remember the A's coming out to the west coast first. The A's are second fiddle in the Bay Area to the Giants, a team that hasn't won a World Series in over 50 years and was in the middle of the steroid scandal with Balco. Even with all that, people still don't care about the A's.

And you want to talk recently? The Dodgers went to the NLCS two years in a row, not just one in the 00s. Also I love the stat you put up where you highlight the A's wins vs. the Dodgers. So the A's won 28 (!!!!) more games than the Dodgers in a decade. You do realize that is averaging less than 3 more wins a year? I'm supposed to be impressed by that? Especially in that division the A's play in? You need to come stronger than that, son.

Every GM makes bad signings. Jones had a horrible year with the Dodgers but has played better other places before and since. Schmidt got hurt. And Pierre? You actually bring up Pierre as a bad signing? He stepped up big time when Manny was out last year and was the main reason they didn't miss a step his whole suspension. Kemp and the whole team needs calling out right now. They are playing like shit. Maybe Colletti should sign real game changers like Bobby Crosby or Nick Swisher, players Billy Bean drools over.

And I didn't even mention 1988.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    My vote is the Anaheim Angels of Los Angeles.

First of all, they should still just be the California Angels. The new name is stupid.

Plus they're Division rivals of my Mariners and Playoff rivals of my Yankees.

Screw the Angels.
    NERDS!
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    81 wrote:

Bay
    Nady
    Morgan
    McCluth
    Schmidt
    Sanchez
    Wilson
    Ramirez

the list goes on.

well spending the money to retain them is part of player development.
    spending the money to retain players is the most UNDERRATED part of teams "buying" a championship. although a bunch of us have been making fun of the ryan howard over-signing the fact that the phils can keep howard, utley, and rollins together while adding a halliday, or the yanks can keep jetes, posada, rivera, pettite, and pick up others is a luxury that small market teams can't enjoy. In other words it's not necessarily the free agents that large market teams can add, but the fact that they can use them to decimate a small market team's depth that makes baseball a relatively unfair system. Yes you can point to the fact that tons of different teams have made the playoffs and won world series, but baseball is also a pretty luck driven sport. Eh whatever I can't write anymore I'm all fucked up on booze and pain pills.