Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    yoke wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    yoke wrote:
    Got my Raconteurs LIve in London vinyl in the mail today.....

The rest of the goodies are sealed up inside

awesome thanks... I was gonna wait to open it but couldn't. Poster wasn't what I expected at all, very cool looking.

Got mine too! Wasn't expecting it at all, nice little surprise before Christmas.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    have they said what is in round 3? i just looked at my bank account and there is some unknown $60 pending charge i figure is third man. i don't mind the automatic thing but i wish they would give you notice that they are going to do it.
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    have they said what is in round 3? i just looked at my bank account and there is some unknown $60 pending charge i figure is third man. i don't mind the automatic thing but i wish they would give you notice that they are going to do it.

3rd Man Records 2009 singles collection on 2lp, 1 yellow 1 white.....yearly Vault release and the only colored vinyl to be sent out for The Vault

Single is 2 first takes of new DW songs from the forthcoming album

3rd Man Records postcards
    DewieCox wrote:

3rd Man Records 2009 singles collection on 2lp, 1 yellow 1 white.....yearly Vault release and the only colored vinyl to be sent out for The Vault

meh, i think i could've done without this one but suppose it's too late now

Lastly, here is the full breakdown of what you will receive in this quarters Platinum Package from The Vault.

Third Man Records "Singles Collection 2009"rn- A double LP on 180 gram colored vinyl in a gatefold sleeve compiling every Third Man single recorded in 2009 including the two latest releases by Wanda Jackson and The Black Belles. The LP also comes with a fold out poster displaying the singles' covers. Record One will be yellow vinyl and Record Two will be white. These Singles Collection albums will be a yearly ongoing series and will be the only colored LPs to be distributed through The Vault.

The Dead Weather "No Horse (First Take)" and 'Jawbreaker (First Take)" rn- Recorded in December of 2009, this 7" features two recordings thatrnare a first listen exclusively for Vault members into the sessions for the new Dead Weather album. These two takes will not be released anywhere else. This is a rare opportunity for fans to be the first to hear how an album is progressing, and we are very excited to be able to bring them to members.

Third Man Records Set of 3 Postcards - 3 old fashioned linen style postcards showcasing the three components of The Third Man Process: Third Man Studio, Third Man Records, and United Record Pressing. These will be valuable collectors items for any fan.
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

DewieCox wrote:

i am curious to know others thoughts on this. it's kinda disappointing for me and i'd probably have canceled my membership for this round had i known. the 7" is cool and the post cards are interesting but i wouldn't pay all that much for either of them. i suppose it's somewhat cool having the colored vinyl but i could also do without it, especially at $60 for everything. i already own the third man singles i'd want to have on 7" and having them on 1-2 albums instead of separate 7"s doesn't matter to me....
    don't compete; coexist

DewieCox wrote:

i am curious to know others thoughts on this. it's kinda disappointing for me and i'd probably have canceled my membership for this round had i known. the 7" is cool and the post cards are interesting but i wouldn't pay all that much for either of them. i suppose it's somewhat cool having the colored vinyl but i could also do without it, especially at $60 for everything. i already own the third man singles i'd want to have on 7" and having them on 1-2 albums instead of separate 7"s doesn't matter to me....

This will happen 3 out of the 4 packages every year according to the website. They have to keep the package somewhat secretive so that people aren't just getting the good packages to flip on eBay. I'm sure the next package will make up for this one.
    DewieCox wrote:

This will happen 3 out of the 4 packages every year according to the website. They have to keep the package somewhat secretive so that people aren't just getting the good packages to flip on eBay. I'm sure the next package will make up for this one.

i'm not sure how secretive it was, i know before the raconteurs live album it was posted before they collected the money and before the 1st one the website said you could sell the stuff you don't want if you don't want it.

and i saw that they said the singles compilation would be an annual thing, i need to start checking their site more often
    don't compete; coexist

• Still very very satisfied with my TMR goodies. I've made a few trips to Nashville for their colored vinyl releases and it is worth the trip. I haven't flipped a single thing from there and the collective value is very good. I'm sure these 100/ 150 copy tri color vinyls will hold their value. The Vault exclusive vinyls are great as well. Some good bands/ artists are on the label now as well and there is a large vault membership party planned for June 2010 in Nashville. Should be a blast!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
    Not sure if you guys saw this but the April dates for The Dead Weather have been announced, pretty much hitting the South. There are pre-sales for Vault members. I'll have to wait until some Northeast dates are dropped, unless I pull the trigger on the Nashville show. :o
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Also the Dead Weather's new album is supposedly due out in April.

I hope they play PHILLY! Jack White always seems to skip our city.

Dead Weather first time- no.
    Raconteurs- no (they did play AC and i think opened up for Dylan at the Spectrum or Wach, Center a few years ago).
    White Stripes- '01@ Northstar Bar, '02@ The Troc, '03 in Camden at The Tweeter, '05 in AC, & '07 in Wilmington, DE (I was at that show :D ).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • going to houston to see them for the third time :D
    got my tix this morning! such a good live band and can't wait to hear their new material
    a large vault membership party planned for June 2010 in Nashville. Should be a blast!

WHAAAAAATT!!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? What's this about? Hope they plan it around my trip to Disney World.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    going to houston to see them for the third time :D
    got my tix this morning! such a good live band and can't wait to hear their new material

nice! we're heading to Austin to see them! only seen them once @ ACL right before PJ & they were awesome.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCox wrote:
    a large vault membership party planned for June 2010 in Nashville. Should be a blast!

WHAAAAAATT!!!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? What's this about? Hope they plan it around my trip to Disney World.

Courtesy of the TMR message boards, and hell yes I will be there! :D

When: June 5th, 6th, and 7th (this falls over a Saturday, Sunday, and Monday)

Where: Nashville. The actual party will take place at The Basement. It's a bar around the corner from TMR that sits under a record store called Grimey's. We have this venue for all three nights. Here is their physical address:
    The Basement
    1604 8th Avenue South
    Nashville, TN 37203

Hotel Acoomodations: We have group rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville. The rates are $79.00 per night. Everyone is responsible for making their own reservations. When you call, state that you are with the Third Man Records fan group to get the group rate. The deadline for reservations is May 1st, 2010. There are 15 king rooms w/ fold out couches or roll-aways, and 35 rooms with double beds.
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
    DewieCox wrote:

Where: Nashville. The actual party will take place at The Basement. It's a bar around the corner from TMR that sits under a record store called Grimey's. We have this venue for all three nights. Here is their physical address:
    The Basement
    1604 8th Avenue South
    Nashville, TN 37203

Hotel Acoomodations: We have group rooms reserved at the Comfort Inn Downtown Nashville. The rates are $79.00 per night. Everyone is responsible for making their own reservations. When you call, state that you are with the Third Man Records fan group to get the group rate. The deadline for reservations is May 1st, 2010. There are 15 king rooms w/ fold out couches or roll-aways, and 35 rooms with double beds.

nice! i may go to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcc07MyG1aU
    don't compete; coexist

DewieCox wrote:

The Basement
    1604 8th Avenue South
    Nashville, TN 37203

Is it actually put on by TMR or just put together by fans? A party thrown by Jack White sounds fantastic, but a fan thrown get together is a let down from your initial statement.
  • quote="glorified G is here"]a large vault membership party planned for June 2010 in Nashville. Should be a blast![/quote]

Is it actually put on by TMR or just put together by fans? A party thrown by Jack White sounds fantastic, but a fan thrown get together is a let down from your initial statement.[/quote][/quote]

I said a vault membership party. Since the subscription service is called the vault, then a vault membership party is exactly what it would be. I did not say a TMR sponsored anything. Its going to be fun. Scheduled tour of United Record Press, rumoured events etc. Its not a let down at all for those of us who have known/ planned on going for quite some time.
    quote="glorified G is here"]a large vault membership party planned for June 2010 in Nashville. Should be a blast!

Is it actually put on by TMR or just put together by fans? A party thrown by Jack White sounds fantastic, but a fan thrown get together is a let down from your initial statement.[/quote][/quote]

I said a vault membership party. Since the subscription service is called the vault, then a vault membership party is exactly what it would be. I did not say a TMR sponsored anything. Its going to be fun. Scheduled tour of United Record Press, rumoured events etc. Its not a let down at all for those of us who have known/ planned on going for quite some time.[/quote]

Sorry :roll: I understand it's called the Vault, I just misconstrued your post, which could be pretty easy to do, imo. Jack White said be ready for anything, so I don't think it would be outta the realm of possibilty for some kinda TMR convention.

Of course those that know what you were talkin about aren't let down.

Not tryin to piss on your party, that's just not somethin I'd travel too far for.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Thinking of signing up for this....

Does anyone have a complete list and perhaps pics of the stuff that has been sent out for the first few rounds?

Thanks
    Thinking of signing up for this....

Does anyone have a complete list and perhaps pics of the stuff that has been sent out for the first few rounds?

Thanks

so far it's only been delievered twice.

the 1st time was a mono edition of icky thump on vinyl, a 7" of the dead weather doing 2 covers and a third man records shirt

the 2nd was a live double lp of the raconteurs, a 7" of alternate takes of the white stripes first 7" and a print from the artist that made the dead weather album cover

this 3rd time i would've skipped, is the double lp is all the third man singles from the previous year, some post cards and i forgot what the 7" is
    don't compete; coexist

Anybody got their 3rd package yet?

They've been showin up.
    not as of yesterday
    don't compete; coexist

Not yet. I read that some folks are irritated that TMR substituted 180g black vinyl for the colored vinyl they originally planned though. Since I'm not looking to flip mine, it makes no difference to me, would rather the better sound anyway.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Not yet. I read that some folks are irritated that TMR substituted 180g black vinyl for the colored vinyl they originally planned though. Since I'm not looking to flip mine, it makes no difference to me, would rather the better sound anyway.

ahhhhhh, get outta here? its not colored anymore? was looking forward to that....

HERE IS WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE 3rd EDITION which should be delivered any day:
    Third Man Records "Singles Collection 2009"rn- A double LP on 180 gram colored vinyl in a gatefold sleeve compiling every Third Man single recorded in 2009 including the two latest releases by Wanda Jackson and The Black Belles. The LP also comes with a fold out poster displaying the singles' covers. Record One will be yellow vinyl and Record Two will be white. These Singles Collection albums will be a yearly ongoing series and will be the only colored LPs to be distributed through The Vault.

The Dead Weather "No Horse (First Take)" and 'Jawbreaker (First Take)" rn- Recorded in December of 2009, this 7" features two recordings thatrnare a first listen exclusively for Vault members into the sessions for the new Dead Weather album. These two takes will not be released anywhere else. This is a rare opportunity for fans to be the first to hear how an album is progressing, and we are very excited to be able to bring them to members.

Third Man Records Set of 3 Postcards - 3 old fashioned linen style postcards showcasing the three components of The Third Man Process: Third Man Studio, Third Man Records, and United Record Pressing. These will be valuable collectors items for any fan.

anyways, heres the inside scoop from the vault on the NEXT exciting package:

It's April 1st so we'd like to announce what the next quarters package will be. But then Blackwell was like "Slow up Swank! This quarters package is SO GOOD if we announce it today, April 1st, everybody is going to think it's an April Fools Day joke!!" And you know what? He's totally right. We're soooo happy with this next quarters package and can't wait to tell you about it. Which will be doing in full on Monday the 5th...

So you all hold tight, and enjoy the holiday weekend. I know we will.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Really hoping the 4th Vault package is amazing. Haven't received the 3rd package yet, but I am not all that excited for it. Announcement was supposed to be yesterday, but no luck....hopefully today!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
    I haven't gotten mine yet either, don't think I was charged for it yet.
    I haven't gotten mine yet either, don't think I was charged for it yet.

If you weren't charged yet, you aren't gettin the 3rd package. Shoulda been charged back in January.
    Here is the info on the 4th Vault package.

1) Full Length = Achival audio of the White Stripes 2007 Canadian Tour B-Shows. Versions are entirely new and not to be found on Youtube. Most songs were not featured on UGWNL.

2) 7" is two unreleased demo's from the Raconteurs "Consolers of the Lonely". Rehersal version of "Top Yourself" and an acoustic "You don't understand Me."

3) Dead Weather T-Shirt

I'm all for this one!
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

jervin007 wrote:
    Here is the info on the 4th Vault package.

1) Full Length = Achival audio of the White Stripes 2007 Canadian Tour B-Shows. Versions are entirely new and not to be found on Youtube. Most songs were not featured on UGWNL.

2) 7" is two unreleased demo's from the Raconteurs "Consolers of the Lonely". Rehersal version of "Top Yourself" and an acoustic "You don't understand Me."

3) Dead Weather T-Shirt

I'm all for this one!

I think this is my favorite yet. Hope the WS archival audio sounds better than the UGWNL companion live album.

Not a fan of DW, but I can always use a tshirt.
    Yeah, I am excited for this one. I think my favorite so far is the second package because I love the live raconteurs album, but this is a close second. Nice step up from the 3rd package, which I haven't received but am not that excited for. I just can't see myself spinning the third man singles records all that much. Would have much preferred something full length from White Stripes, Raconteurs, or Dead Weather.
    PJ: