Prayers for my son Vedder!

Comments

• petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Its great to hear things are getting better..my fiance and my prayers are with you..we have 2 little ones so we know every prayer counts :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • I am so glad to hear that Vedder is making progress. You all still remain in my thoughts and prayers and I wish that things continue to progress positively for you (and i'm sure they will). Thank you for keeping us all updated.
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    great news
    :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    let the good vibes rain o'er your family
  • If anyone at the solo shows, cna tell Ed about this, maybe he'll mention it.. a little message from Ed should work wonders!

Keep fighting guys!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• eeedmdeeedmd Posts: 40
    Update

My daughter Winter is scheduled to come home on friday. (We desperately need to get one of the twins home) Vedder on the other hand developed a disinterest in feeding today. Based on my wifes maternal instinct she asked the doctors to re-examine him. His belly was slightly distended and he is very uncomfortable today. X ray reveals suspicious isolated area in the small intestine. "Stricture". Not an obstruction, but a narrowing of the small intestine. Tomorrow he will get a barium upper GI series of xrays to evaluate the size and significance of these "strictures". If large= surgery to correct. If small= slow down on the feedings and proceed to treat medically.

Thank you again for all the well wishes. Keep us in mind, tomorrow is a big day for us.

PS These posts have become very therapeutic for me, I appreciate such a gracious audience.
    EEEDMD
  • skipskip Posts: 25
    Your family is in my prayers
  • angelm20angelm20 Posts: 142
    Hang tough~ We got your back today~ every lil things gonna be alright! All my love to you guys today and always~ peace
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Well wishes and thoughts for you and your family.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    eeedmd wrote:
    Update

My daughter Winter is scheduled to come home on friday. (We desperately need to get one of the twins home) Vedder on the other hand developed a disinterest in feeding today. Based on my wifes maternal instinct she asked the doctors to re-examine him. His belly was slightly distended and he is very uncomfortable today. X ray reveals suspicious isolated area in the small intestine. "Stricture". Not an obstruction, but a narrowing of the small intestine. Tomorrow he will get a barium upper GI series of xrays to evaluate the size and significance of these "strictures". If large= surgery to correct. If small= slow down on the feedings and proceed to treat medically.

Thank you again for all the well wishes. Keep us in mind, tomorrow is a big day for us.

PS These posts have become very therapeutic for me, I appreciate such a gracious audience.

So good to read an update, your babies have been in my prayers and I will continue to pray~positive energy being sent your way can't hurt!

Please stay strong, I can't even imagine how hard this is for you and your wife, and nobody can say anything that will take away this worry. Just know that your pj family is thinking of you and wishing your family a happy healthy lifetime together!

Good Luck on the GI series of x rays, Good luck little Vedder and may your name give you more strength than your body knows what to do with, you will pull through this and be a happy healthy little Vedder!

I'm so happy you get to bring Winter home on friday, hopefully!

Keep the faith!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    While it is good to hear that your daughter is coming home it is important to remember that there is a bond between twins that is somewhat unexplainable so it is important to bring her back as often as possible to see her brother. If possible even ask if they can lay together in the same crib. Best wishes on the tests.
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
    u2gator wrote:
    While it is good to hear that your daughter is coming home it is important to remember that there is a bond between twins that is somewhat unexplainable so it is important to bring her back as often as possible to see her brother. If possible even ask if they can lay together in the same crib. Best wishes on the tests.

As a mother of 26 yr old twins, I can confirm that this is indeed true! Even though mine fight like heck sometimes~ NO ONE ~ can be closer to them~ NO ONE~not me~ no man~ No one~ well maybe their boxers (my grand sons)~ ok~ just kiddin~well kinda~ seriously though~ this is wonderful advise!! Hope all went well yesterday!
    I feel a bond to these babes~ Vedder has my name as a middle name and of course his first name is my hero...and Winter is just cool as heck~ I picture this dark hair~blue eyed Angel with rosey lips and cheeks! I'd love to see a pic, but probably not the best idea to post one.
    Love to all~peace
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Thinking of all of you ;) Can't imagine what its like!

Keep smiling and hanging in there :D
    I need a coffee!
  • JoWesleyJoWesley Posts: 109
    My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. :)
    Aug 93 - Toronto Mar 94 - Ann Arbor
    Sep 96 - Toledo Aug 98 - East Lansing
    Oct 00 - Detroit Apr 03 - Cleveland
    Jun 03 - Detroit May 06 - Grand Rapids & Detroit
    Jul 07 - Lolla Jun 08 - WPB & Tampa
    Vedder: DC 1&2, Chicago 2
  • Little Vedder ... I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping all goes well
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • I feel for you all, you are in my thoughts.

I hope you can take your kids home soon. Sounds crazy but you just long to hear them cry!

You will be amazed how resilient baby's are, in January my son had a big op at 4 days, fed via tube etc for 2 weeks we did the whole crib side vigil 24/7 (in shifts) until he was released at 4 weeks and now he is bouncing at 6 months with a cool scar on his tummy for his efforts.

BTW, very lucky to have an ICU that plays music -and such cool names.
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Thoughts and prayers to you, your wife, Winter and Vedder.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    My prayers are with your little boy. Hope he comes home soon.
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
    Bump Bump
    Thursday was a Great Day:

Winter was discharged from the special care nursery, she is home and loving it.

Vedder's upper GI barium series was deemed "UNREMARKABLE" by the team. No strictures = No surgery! We commenced feeding on Thursday night and once he can tolerate his feeding goal, he will come home too.

Of the 18 PJ and EV songs on his music therapy CD the song "Tuolumne" is Vedder's favorite. Even at his most inconsolable moments "Tuolumne" played 2-3 times in a row would really soothe him.

Thank you again for all the well wishes, please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We cannot wait to get him home with his sister.

Regards,

THE EEEDMD FAMILY
    EEEDMD
  • That is such wonderful news. Your family has been in my thoughts everyday.

Vedder has wonderful taste, "tuolumne" is such a beautiful song.

I am so happy that everything is improving and wish you and your wife and children all the best!!!
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    That's great to hear. Good luck to you and your family.
  • kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Keep the updates coming! Pictures at some point would be wonderful, too!

Love babies!!!

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    eeedmd wrote:
    Long time reader, first time post.

My wife delivered our twins @ 32 weeks on July 3, 2008

Vedder Gabriel & Winter Evangeline

Last week my son was thriving and close to discharge when he developed Necrotizing Enterocolitis. A devastating GI disease that we are currently battling. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Regards,

eeedmd

ok, I don't pray often anymore; it is more of a personal respect for God really. But this is important and tonght I will ask for God to help all of you and get your son well quickly.

hang in there. I hope it gets better.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    eeedmd wrote:
    Thursday was a Great Day:

Winter was discharged from the special care nursery, she is home and loving it.

Vedder's upper GI barium series was deemed "UNREMARKABLE" by the team. No strictures = No surgery! We commenced feeding on Thursday night and once he can tolerate his feeding goal, he will come home too.

Of the 18 PJ and EV songs on his music therapy CD the song "Tuolumne" is Vedder's favorite. Even at his most inconsolable moments "Tuolumne" played 2-3 times in a row would really soothe him.

Thank you again for all the well wishes, please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We cannot wait to get him home with his sister.

Regards,

THE EEEDMD FAMILY
    SOooooo Happy to hear this update! Wonderful news! I get chills and misty eyed with the music therapy~WOW~its so beautiful~so perfect~ all my love ~ prayers ~ and warm wishes ~*peace~*
    This is such great news! Thanks so much for the update!!
    I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers, little Vedder will be home soon.
    Please continue to update us, pictures would be great~of course when you have the time.
    Peace, Love & Pearl Jam!
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    wow, all the prayers, well wishing, good thoughts have done a great job of sending the message above for your family.
    I am so happy for you and hope that the upcoming days are ones that allow you to enjoy your new little ones without worry.
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
    Well Winter is home and doing well.
    Vedder remains in the NICU until he has 3 days of weight gain. Can't wait!

How do I post pictures to the forum?

Thank you again for the well wishes

The EEEDMD family
    EEEDMD
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    eeedmd wrote:
    Well Winter is home and doing well.
    Vedder remains in the NICU until he has 3 days of weight gain. Can't wait!

How do I post pictures to the forum?

Thank you again for the well wishes

The EEEDMD family

That is fantastic! Been following and I could not be more thrilled to hear about this. Keep up with the updates.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • akallakall Posts: 25
    I'm glad to see the great updates....

When are we going to get some pictures!! Better be in a Pearl Jam onesie!!

Again, all our prayers are with your family!!