Sawyer wrote:
    Born to Run

that was his 3rd

but it says....Best Album of all Time...not debut
  • Options
    70% now
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    there are some polls..............where losing would seem more honorable.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    ajedigecko wrote:
    there are some polls..............where losing would seem more honorable.

:)

"It's unfair, it's like pitching to a healthy Lou Gehrig"
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Who is actually voting for Kanye West or Britney? This whole thing is a sham and Im glad we've ripped the heart out of this competition. 69% right now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,000
    we ARE the machine!

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Who is actually voting for Kanye West or Britney? This whole thing is a sham and Im glad we've ripped the heart out of this competition. 69% right now.

Most likely the 15 year olds who actually watch MTV.

It is kind of funny though. This board did the same thing to that end of '09 Spin poll.
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    down to 69%
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Just Voted

Back up to 70% :D

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    vedderoffdeadvedderoffdead Posts: 684
    edited February 2010
    Nice to see Joy Division getting a little love:)

The album that should be on there and should probably win is 'Never mind the bollocks, here's The Sex Pistols'. That album is STILL fucking incredible today, it hasn't aged a day, and it's never even been re-mastered, or re-mixed! That album turned the music business on it's ear. :)

I also think Metallica's 'Kill 'em all', Alanis Morrissette's 'Jagged little pill', The Cure's 'Three imaginary boys', Snoop Doggy Dogg's 'Doggystyle' & Violent Femmes 'self-titled' should be on there
    Post edited by vedderoffdead on
  • Options
    I voted! :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    bunnybunny Posts: 270
    Is Kanye's The College Dropout The Best Debut Album Of All Time????
    No!!!!

OF COURSE, TEN :P
  • Options
    For those voting, Do you really honestly believe Ten is the greatest album of all time? I'd say for the most part it's not even everyone's top Pearl Jam album. That 70% number is a sham. It's not top album...it's what band has the most obsessive fan base. Not to mention, the band has shunned MTV for years.
  • Options
    No- I will say that honestly it may not be the best debut album of all time but I think the point we've arrived at is this list is a joke and we are ruining this poll the bast way we know how. Disrespect through sabatage.
  • Options
    ^^^The poll is for best DEBUT album of all time, not overall best album of all time.
  • Options
    Voted...Pearl Jam at 71%.
    10/02/04 - Toledo, OH
    09/12/05 - London, ON
    05/19/06 - Grand Rapids, MI
    06/27/08 - Hartford, CT; 06/28/08 - Mansfield, MA
    08/21/08 - Chicago, IL (EV); 08/22/08 - Chicago, IL (EV)
    10/07/09 - Los Angeles, CA; 10/09/09 - San Diego, CA
    05/06/10 - Columbus, OH; 05/07/10 - Noblesville, IN
    06/26/11 - Detroit, MI (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/14 - Detroit, MI
    08/20/16 - Chicago, IL; 08/22/16 - Chicago, IL
    08/13/18 - Missoula, MT

• Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    what the...when i left awhile ago, it was at 73%?!?!

:o
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    I just voted and it said 68% ?? :?
  • Options
    For those voting, Do you really honestly believe Ten is the greatest album of all time? I'd say for the most part it's not even everyone's top Pearl Jam album. That 70% number is a sham. It's not top album...it's what band has the most obsessive fan base. Not to mention, the band has shunned MTV for years.

It is one of the greatest debut albums of all time and probably their best album (redux that is) but not a lot of the hard core fans like to admit that. Just look at the songs on that thing, and it still holds up today (redux that is). Besides the purpose of this is to crush the likes of Kayne West and Brittany Spears showing them who has the real fan base. (or the fans with the most time on their hands :eh: ) Nah, that's not it, PJ is one of the last bands standing that has that close knit communal relationship with their fans.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    that is the worst list ever How do you not have Pink Floyd? Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Michael Jackson.....seriously
  • Options
    My first thought was Led Zeppelin, but they're not up there... Pearl Jam it is!

And I just love how Pearl Jam dominates in every poll this board finds out about :]
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    It's not about the greatest album of all time. It's about the greatest debut album of all time. This is only about bands that put out just absolutely stellar albums as their debut album as a band. And, undeniably, Pearl Jam did.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    For those voting, Do you really honestly believe Ten is the greatest album of all time? .
    YES
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Yes, the list was a joke.

Yes, I did vote for PJ.

Yes, I'm not at the AIC Oakland show.

Yes, I'm enjoying some delicious Bordeaux wine.

Yes, I'm going to see AIC in LA....Sweeet!
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    I voted for biggie ;)
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited February 2010
    75% now.

EDIT... oops, meant 70% myself.
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    my vote, but back to 70 % now!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017