Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• After a couple of emails back & forth, Kirk from modlife finally sorted the problem.
    Haven't a clue what was wrong but it works now.

About bloody time!!! ;)

Yea for you! Glad it got sorted out!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • noahgendanoahgenda Posts: 63
    Unfortunately I have been DEAD BROKE and i could not sign up But i am seeing the dead weather on aug 18 here in salt lake city, UT and i hear the icky thump record is for sale at the shows (the white vinyl) we will see here in about 3 weeks hopefully i will be able to get in next time 3 months from now
  • yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    I missed out on the Platinum this time around(I wasn't paying attention). I will grab it in Oct when it comes back up. I marked it on my calendar this time. I would love that Icky Thump pressing if anyone doesn't want it :)
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    mavi wrote:
    Signed in. Like all 3 bands and trust everything this guy does to be way above average. Saw some really cool footage yesterday, I guess it's well worth trying it out for 3 months at least.

Go platinum, baby! All you flippers will make your money back on the material they release alone. A worthy monetary investment plus the stuff featured on there is cool as hell! So far, the chat boards are a little weak compared to here, but its a new process. At least do yourself a favor and check the site out!

no doubt! the regular version of icky thump goes for at least 1/2 the 3 month's membership price ($60). i can't imagine how much this one will go for, though i plan on keeping mine) as soon as my check is deposited tomorrow am i'm gonna sign up for the platinum membership

i saw the regular version of icky thump in 2 record stores over the weekend, 1 was $30, the other $35. i wonder if they will put out any more white stripes records?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • I have to take the time on this message board as well as the Third Man Records Vault to thank the wonderful people there, because just today I received 1 of the 50 Jack White limited vinyl singles titled Fly Farm Blues that were sent out in the mail. It is on tri-colored vinyl with side 2 etched with the TMR logo. Only 150 copies pressed. 100 for purchase at the TMR store in Nashville, 50 more randomly mailed out and I was lucky enough to get 1 in the mail. Thanks alot TMR!
    7/28/1992 Lollapalooza Cincinnati, 9/22/1996 Toledo, 8/20/2000 Cincinnati, 6/24/2006 Cincinnati, 8/5/2007 Lollapalooza Chicago @ Grant Park, EV solo 8/21/2008 Chicago @ Auditorium Theater
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I have to take the time on this message board as well as the Third Man Records Vault to thank the wonderful people there, because just today I received 1 of the 50 Jack White limited vinyl singles titled Fly Farm Blues that were sent out in the mail. It is on tri-colored vinyl with side 2 etched with the TMR logo. Only 150 copies pressed. 100 for purchase at the TMR store in Nashville, 50 more randomly mailed out and I was lucky enough to get 1 in the mail. Thanks alot TMR!

AWESOME.....

I'm curious to know how many people signed up for the platinum edition.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    I have to take the time on this message board as well as the Third Man Records Vault to thank the wonderful people there, because just today I received 1 of the 50 Jack White limited vinyl singles titled Fly Farm Blues that were sent out in the mail. It is on tri-colored vinyl with side 2 etched with the TMR logo. Only 150 copies pressed. 100 for purchase at the TMR store in Nashville, 50 more randomly mailed out and I was lucky enough to get 1 in the mail. Thanks alot TMR!

AWESOME.....

I would like to know as well. I'm one of them. Do you think hundreds or thousands?
    DewieCox wrote:

AWESOME.....

I would like to know as well. I'm one of them. Do you think hundreds or thousands?

I'm in too. The big draw was the vinyl, so I don't imagine it's outrageously high. Could be alotta hardcore fans of his that just buy all his stuff up too, though.

i've always wondered if you called their store would they send you a tri-colored release or the i cut like a buffalo 7 and 12"?

i wonder how many people signed up for a premium membership, too. maybe on icky thump it will say #x/xxx or something?
    don't compete; coexist

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

• Has anyone seen the next Platinum Vault package?

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/news

Raconteurs live album 180 gram double vinyl, rare White stripes 7" and a Ltd Ed Screen Print!

Once again Uncle Jack serves us well and apparently they've taken note of the cocks ups with the dispatches.

10C Where's my Backspacer vinyl?
  • I just love TMR. That is all. :)
    Common sense is not so common.
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    DewieCox wrote:

AWESOME.....

Are they purposefully keeping it a secret? I can't imagine there being more than several thousand max.
    The 2nd vault package is going to be sweet. I have a Racs SBD from last year and it's unreal!
    Has anyone seen the next Platinum Vault package?

http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/news

Raconteurs live album 180 gram double vinyl, rare White stripes 7" and a Ltd Ed Screen Print!

Once again Uncle Jack serves us well and apparently they've taken note of the cocks ups with the dispatches.

10C Where's my Backspacer vinyl?

thanks for posting this!
    don't compete; coexist

• Cant go wrong with TMR vinyl! I have 17 records in my TMR collection with only 4 being purchased from ebay. The rest from TMR Nashville and TMR online. The vinyl value is unreal! Keep 'em coming!
    Just signed up for the Platinum account.. I am a little pissed I missed the first round but I am more than happy with what I will be getting this time around.

www.seanbrady.net
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    yoke wrote:
    Just signed up for the Platinum account.. I am a little pissed I missed the first round but I am more than happy with what I will be getting this time around.

what are we getting for the second round?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
    1) The Raconteurs - Live in London - Double LP 180-gram vinyl gatefold live Raconteurs performance in London from 2008 (not to be confused with the 2005 tour CDrs!)

2) The White Stripes - Let’s Shake Hands (alternate takes) – 7” of The White Stripes performing alternate versions of “Lets Shake Hands” and “Look Me Over Closely” recorded at the same session that yielded the takes from their debut 7”

3) The Dead Weather – Limited edition Rob Jones Dead Weather screen print

VERY NICE
    !
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    I hope the 7" gets real packaging this time.
    Deebs41 wrote:
    I hope the 7" gets real packaging this time.

yeah that was the only thing i could have changed. was a little disappointed in that generic paper.
    i understand not just having the main item White Stripes again and am happy with this live Raconteurs but i hope they do get behind me satan at some point
    don't compete; coexist

• i understand not just having the main item White Stripes again and am happy with this live Raconteurs but i hope they do get behind me satan at some point

I think this is what a lot of us are thinking but the Raconteurs live double vinyl is pretty sweet, it will get played more than the Icky Thump mono pressing in my case as lovely as that was.

When this really gets going who knows what Jack has planned, the way Consolers just appeared, imagine getting their next album weeks before anyone else as a privileged or just a special vault release with exclusive packaging. Dead Weather was ready to go by the time the Vault began, imagine what could happen for us members with the first major Third Man release since the beginning of the platinum offer started.

The mind just boggles to think of what Jack has planned.
    i understand not just having the main item White Stripes again and am happy with this live Raconteurs but i hope they do get behind me satan at some point

I think this is what a lot of us are thinking but the Raconteurs live double vinyl is pretty sweet, it will get played more than the Icky Thump mono pressing in my case as lovely as that was.

When this really gets going who knows what Jack has planned, the way Consolers just appeared, imagine getting their next album weeks before anyone else as a privileged or just a special vault release with exclusive packaging. Dead Weather was ready to go by the time the Vault began, imagine what could happen for us members with the first major Third Man release since the beginning of the platinum offer started.

The mind just boggles to think of what Jack has planned.

i know and to think the deadline still has 2 1/2 weeks, then another 3 or so months after that...!
    don't compete; coexist

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I love the VAULT!!! :twisted:
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • I've been a platinum member since July 5, 2009. I'm up to 17 TMR vinyls in my collection and going to try and get more. Its expensive enough keeping up on the PJ/Eddie merch, and now TMR goodies? Damn, I need some serious cash flow! Have you all seen the prices of the tri-color and reverse vinyls? Only a couple PJ vinyls rival the price of this TMR/Dead Weather vinyl and its less than 6 months old. Imagine down the road......
    it seems the premium membership is a recurring payment, i haven't paid this time yet and went to my bank account online today and there's a $60 pending charge to Third Man
    don't compete; coexist

it seems the premium membership is a recurring payment, i haven't paid this time yet and went to my bank account online today and there's a $60 pending charge to Third Man

good, now I don't have to remember to do it each time.

www.seanbrady.net
  • jmkjmk Posts: 425
    For those of you interested in the second round:

"DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCT. 31
    October 21 2009

Due to difficulties some members had with upgrading and the re-registration issues some international members had, we will be extending the Platinum registration deadline from the 22nd until October 31st.

Tell your friends, neighbors, and loved ones that they still have time to register"
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
    Got my Raconteurs LIve in London vinyl in the mail today.....

www.seanbrady.net
    yoke wrote:

The rest of the goodies are sealed up inside
    DewieCox wrote:
    yoke wrote:

The rest of the goodies are sealed up inside

awesome thanks... I was gonna wait to open it but couldn't. Poster wasn't what I expected at all, very cool looking.

www.seanbrady.net