Options

PHILLY CONFIRMED

2»

Comments

• Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Yeah delusional :roll:. Everyone just be patient. Every tour fans act like they are entitled to every bit of information. I don't care if its one or one hundred calling that dude. It's all un-needed. Not to mention, "ohhh maybe I should call another place up that is rumored to be a venue".
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Why does every rabid Pearl Jam fan feel the need to post everything they come across just because they get a bug up their ass? You got info you aren't supposed to have, then you post the info on a public board practically encouraging people to do the same. Then you people don't see any problem with the box office getting flooded with calls about shit that isn't announced yet. I'm sorry but it is not this person's job to tell you info you shouldn't fucking have in the first place. If you call the spectrum and cant wait a day or two you are a douche bag.

Thanks for calling me a douche bag. Now I'm sure I don't care about your thoughts on this subject.
    8fod2tg.gif

...and if the box office is telling any random Joe who asks, I wouldn't be sure it's "info you aren't supposed to have".

anyway... where's that "ignore" button again?

So - who's happy about it being at The Spectrum?! :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    TS164310 wrote:

Solar,

This aggression won't stand...man! What's really wrong? You sound like you can't make the spectrum shows and now you have to piss in everyones' cheerios. It's okay we'll rock out for you.

Thanks for the info!

What's really wrong? Message boards + Pearl Jam fans who have no patience... that's what's wrong. I know what's going on later this fall but I have the ability to bite my tongue and let the information come out like it was intended.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    benjs wrote:
    Why does it bug you so much? What is REALLY the big deal?
    You actually think 1000 people are gonna call all day to ask for the same answer the OP got?
    +1. It's the Pearl Jam Forums - not CNN. I don't think more than 5-10 people would read this thread and call, just to confirm exactly what the OP has already stated.

yes...this person is obviously delusional. if the OP already called, why would i? and i'm thinking most people are thinking the same.
    The way I took the OP was if people wanted to call other rumored venues i.e. OZ, MSG, etc...not for others to call the Spectrum. What are we, idiots? :D
  • Options
    quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    yeah, I find all this unadulterated excitement annoying. We should go back to complaining about the length of Backspacer.
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Yeah delusional :roll:. Everyone just be patient. Every tour fans act like they are entitled to every bit of information. I don't care if its one or one hundred calling that dude. It's all un-needed. Not to mention, "ohhh maybe I should call another place up that is rumored to be a venue".

do whatever you want. i don't give a fuck what you do...knock yourself out. we'll all just be here enjoying the anticipation that we do every time some shows are on the horizon. come back and join us when you're in a better mood.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    SolarWorld wrote:
    If you call the spectrum and cant wait a day or two you are a douche bag.
    First of all - you are delusional if you think that many people will be calling the Spectrum, after we've just received, thanks to the OP, confirmation that this is a fact, not a rumour. Second of all, I don't understand why you feel the need to move to the defensive and start saying things like that.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    thebettermanthebetterman Posts: 657
    SolarWorld wrote:

yet somehow you sound the most douche-like. How dare someone call an info number for info... that's preposterous. Without people like the OP, these shows wouldn't have been rumored for the past 3-6 months.

by the way, awesome Willy Wonka reference Hoff.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    TS164310TS164310 Posts: 43
    SolarWorld wrote:
    TS164310 wrote:

Solar,

This aggression won't stand...man! What's really wrong? You sound like you can't make the spectrum shows and now you have to piss in everyones' cheerios. It's okay we'll rock out for you.

Thanks for the info!

What's really wrong? Message boards + Pearl Jam fans who have no patience... that's what's wrong. I know what's going on later this fall but I have the ability to bite my tongue and let the information come out like it was intended.

sorry this isn't exclusive to PJ fans. look at what Phish phans have been doing with the whole "Save the Date" festival: http://jamtopia.com/blog/phish-halloween-festival-info/

patience IS a virtue, but what's the fun in that? if you have info, spill the beans! hopefully it's as concrete as CJMST3K's info.
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    The way I took the OP was if people wanted to call other rumored venues i.e. OZ, MSG, etc...not for others to call the Spectrum. What are we, idiots? :D

shit...you're right. *runs to the phone to call the msg box office*
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 738
    Solarworld,
    Seriously, poor form? If you can't share in the excitement don't read the threads. All he did was confirm what we think is coming. Where's the harm in that? And I think your argument that now everyone will be calling the venue is BS. Can't make the show? So sorry. I'll be there.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    ponner1us wrote:
    Solarworld,
    Seriously, poor form? If you can't share in the excitement don't read the threads. All he did was confirm what we think is coming. Where's the harm in that? And I think your argument that now everyone will be calling the venue is BS. Can't make the show? So sorry. I'll be there.

I'll have plenty of opportunity to see them out west, so everyone claiming I'm jealous is wrong. It annoys me when fans feel they are entitled to information they shouldn't have yet. If you dont get that... fine.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Why does every rabid Pearl Jam fan feel the need to post everything they come across just because they get a bug up their ass? You got info you aren't supposed to have, then you post the info on a public board practically encouraging people to do the same. Then you people don't see any problem with the box office getting flooded with calls about shit that isn't announced yet. I'm sorry but it is not this person's job to tell you info you shouldn't fucking have in the first place. If you call the spectrum and cant wait a day or two you are a douche bag.

Why does it bug you so much? What is REALLY the big deal?
    You actually think 1000 people are gonna call all day to ask for the same answer the OP got?
    probably he is the guy who answers the phones in spectrum,and want to play with playstation,than answer pj fans questions.. :D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    SolarWorld wrote:
    ponner1us wrote:
    Solarworld,

I'll have plenty of opportunity to see them out west, so everyone claiming I'm jealous is wrong. It annoys me when fans feel they are entitled to information they shouldn't have yet. If you dont get that... fine.
    It annoys me when people call other people "douchebags" in an attempt to prevent them from recognizing their freedom of speech.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Tensions are high whenever a tweet is atop the board, as even while all signs from the tweet point to something obvious, people could find that one little word that gives them hope for their home town, and thus can't swallow news of it actually being what it said it was going to be... :?

Breathe and relax.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    SolarWorld wrote:
    ponner1us wrote:
    Solarworld,

who said entitled?
    the OP made a cold call, if he 'shouldn't have' said info, joe at the box office should not have told him, right? and if that were the case....we'd not have this thread, end of story. lots of people check websites, call venues, all in the HOPEs of some info.....not out of some sense of entitlement. and again, they get diddly unless some website or some venue spills it. and so it goes...
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

This discussion has been closed.