2»

Comments

• Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    You're exactly right about those jeans, they ARE comfortable. Sometimes we take comfort in our pain because at least we have that......

Aside from my Christmas story, Black ALWAYS reminds me of the loves I had and lost (of course), but the haunting melody of that song is really the pain - the "what could have been and never was". I think THAT'S the REAL hurt.

Yes? :geek:
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    Black is still in my all time top 3 PJ songs but I'm still waiting to hear the perfect live version of it. Over the years there have been 3 significant 'changes' to different parts of the song that have made it even better live but I've never heard all of the 'changes' in one version:

1. The way Ed sings the "I take a walk outside, I'm surrounded by some kids at play" lines higher and louder, like he did on Unplugged or Drop In The Park

2. Ed holding the "all that I am, all I will beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee " note forever, like on some of the 2003/2006 boots

3. Mike and Boom playing an extended outro, exchanging solo riffs, again like they have on recent tours

I know I'm being greedy but one day maybe all of these elements will be put together in one version of the song (hopefuly in London in August :D ), unfortunately I may pass out and miss the rest of the show!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    weenie wrote:
    You're exactly right about those jeans, they ARE comfortable. Sometimes we take comfort in our pain because at least we have that......

Aside from my Christmas story, Black ALWAYS reminds me of the loves I had and lost (of course), but the haunting melody of that song is really the pain - the "what could have been and never was". I think THAT'S the REAL hurt.

Yes? :geek:
    Do you know me in some way????

I probably do. Thru knowing myself, and being open about it. :geek:
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau