Options

Ed as an elder statesman of rock

thecorythecory Posts: 290
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Does it piss anyone else off that Ed is either trying or just becoming one of those elder statesmen of rock? You know the neil youngs, bruce, dylan, pete townshend. Maybe piss off is too strong but i just feel that the world has enough of those. The guys w/ the acoustic guitars who rolling stone magazine is in love with. As far as making exciting new rock these guys should be put out to pasture. Personally, I just think that the more 'Who' and pete seeger tributes there are the further away he moves from what pj was. NOt fact, my opinion. What are your thoughts?

(Ducking for cover)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    What's alternative you are suggesting?
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    As long as Eddie makes albums like Into the Wild, he can become whatever he wants! 8-)
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    i embrace it and enjoy it. With me growing and evolving as an adult and family man, so has Ed. He has the ability to do it, so its wonderful
  • Options
    damendamen Posts: 104
    thecory wrote:
    Does it piss anyone else off that Ed is either trying or just becoming one of those elder statesmen of rock? You know the neil youngs, bruce, dylan, pete townshend. Maybe piss off is too strong but i just feel that the world has enough of those. The guys w/ the acoustic guitars who rolling stone magazine is in love with. As far as making exciting new rock these guys should be put out to pasture. Personally, I just think that the more 'Who' and pete seeger tributes there are the further away he moves from what pj was. NOt fact, my opinion. What are your thoughts?

(Ducking for cover)

Yeah, why would any of us like it if Ed was like Neil, Bruce, Dylan, or Pete..? Maybe because those are four of the best musical artists of all time? You are a pussy if you don't like Got Some and the frantic intensity that Ed sings with. You must be a troll....
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    There's more than one voice in that head...he CAN be both...or several even.
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Ed will be an "elder statesman" of rock............ in about 15 years.