Options

Have you ever lied to attend a PJ show?

2»

Comments

• Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Solat13 wrote:
    I was at a "wedding" last year when I flew across the country for the EV shows at Santa Barbara and LA.

weddings are always the best of excuses! :)

Your fired
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    darrin58 wrote:
    Whether it be to your boss, school, family, or significant other. I have a few times. Come on, time to come clean now.
    for leaving churce of getting married
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    autumnautumn Posts: 191
    I didn't lie. I came clean, my friend and former roomate was getting married in NJ. I had tickets to PJ in Camden NJ. I told her I loved her dearly, but it's Pearl Jam! I was able to go the ceremony, but skipped out on the reception. No regrets and no hard feelings. One of the reasons we're still great friends after being random freshmen college roomates is our mutual love of Pearl Jam :D .
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Told my folks they should totally think about booking a family trip to Japan in 2003, and it worked.

Should've tried the same for South American in 2005.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    im usually straight up with friends family and coworkers about my shows. its hard to contain myself! BUT i sure did have to lie to my parents when i was 16 in order to cross 2 state lines to see my first show in chicago 7.11.95 totally worth it though!

:)
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    My brother and I made plans to drive up to Canada for Kitchener-London-Hamilton 2005. Three shows in three days.
    well it was my senior year of college and it turned out I had an exam which I wasn't counting on (it was the 2nd week of september, wtf??) which was 10% of my grade. I was totally willing to sacrifice an A (or B) in the class to head north, but I figured I 'd try to get out of it.

So I told my prof that I had to go back to Buffalo for my parents 25th anniversary party Sunday night (night of the Kitchener show). The exam was on Monday morning. Eventually after "proving" this by showing him a fake bus ticket I created on the computer, he let me off with the assurance that I would be back in class on Wednesday morning.

The Hamilton concert was Tuesday night, and I was back in Pittsburgh by 11am Weds for that class. I got an A
    "Delight in your youth"

GO PITT
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,641
    My lies usually center around the cost of seeing PJ.
    I seem to lose all sense of 'reasonable' (according to my husband) any time PJ are touring.
    Airplane tickets have drastically reduced prices, as do hotels when ever he inquires about the finances.
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    i paid €100 each for four tickets and told my dad they were €50
  • Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    aicbones wrote:
    Well, sorta. I told my boss that I'm going to MD for my cousin's wedding, which I actually am. But I left out the part where I'm staying a couple of extra days to hang out in Baltimore and DC and to catch Ed's show on the 15th.

Well, you just blew your cover. Don't bother coming in on Monday....Your fired!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Yup definitely lied! LOL

for Groundwork on 2001 I had just started a new job, probably like a month before, told my boss my niece was getting baptized and I was the God Mother and that I need to leave to Seattle, he gave me the day off.

Then for 2002 Seattle shows, I told my boss that I had strep throat and couldn’t go to work for a week, :) got paid with sick time and went to the Showbox show and both Key Arenas – lol

For MSG 2003 I had actually broken my foot a week before, I was just going to call out sick the couple of days that I was going to NYC but then since I broke my foot I told my boss I couldn’t drive (even though my husband took me to work every morning) and went to NY.

Good lord, your boss is a fool :lol:

I haven't had the need to lie, but I sure as hell would.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Told my folks they should totally think about booking a family trip to Japan in 2003, and it worked.

Should've tried the same for South American in 2005.

:o

If there was an applaud emoticon, you would be getting it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    darrin58 wrote:
    Whether it be to your boss, school, family, or significant other. I have a few times. Come on, time to come clean now.

The weird thing is that Ed visited my work the evening I went to their show... so the joke was on me. True story.

Where did you work at the time?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Started a new job a couple weeks ago and when asked if I absolutely NEEDED any specific dates off, I informed them that I had a family function back in Toronto on August 21st, which is not entirely untrue as a PJ show IS a family function with the kind of family I have. :mrgreen:

So I only stretched the truth a bit. :mrgreen:
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    NitroNitro Posts: 264
    I sure have. And now I'm single because of it. hear that ladies? ay oh!
    worth it.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:
    darrin58 wrote:

The weird thing is that Ed visited my work the evening I went to their show... so the joke was on me. True story.

Feel free to tell it. Or is that all?
  • Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!
    8/25/00 8/27/00 8/29/00 8/30/00 10/4/00 4/29/03 7/8/03 7/9/03 9/28/04 9/29/04 5/12/06 5/13/06 5/24/06 5/25/06 6/1/06 6/3/06 8/5/07

Keepin us close, so close... on down the line... sometimes I burn like a dot on the sun
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    in 1995 me and my friend were on holiday from scotland to california, and discovered pj were playing 2 nights at san diego, so we went down. and on the first night my mate sweet talked a security lady, and told her it was our last night of vacation and couldn't get a ticket, so as it was general admission, she opened the door and let us sneak in.

thank you security lady.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08