Options

Tar-jay

2»

Comments

• Options
    PearlJainPearlJain Posts: 565
    TheRiotAct wrote:
    See its not so bad...method to their madness.

From Wiki...

Target Corporation is consistently ranked as one of the most philanthropic companies in the country. It ranked #11 in Fortune Magazine's "Top 20 Most Admired Companies" for 2007, largely in part to the donation efforts of the company as a whole.[65] According to a November 2005 Forbes article, it ranked as the highest cash-giving company in America in percentage of income given (2.1%).[66] Target donates around 5 percent of its pre-tax operating profit; it gives over $3 million a week (up from $2 million in years prior) to the communities in which it operates. It also gives a percentage of charges from its Target Visa to schools designated by the cardholders. To date, Target has given over $150 million to schools across the United States through this program. Target's corporate by-laws state it must give 5 percent of its pre-tax profits to charity.[67][citation needed]

Further evidence of Target's philanthropy can be found in the Target House complex in Memphis, Tennessee, a long-term housing solution for families of patients at the city's St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The corporation led the way with more than $27 million in donations, which made available 96 fully furnished apartments for families needing to stay at St. Jude over 90 days.

Target has a standard no-solicitation rule at its properties, as it seeks to provide a "distraction-free shopping experience for its guests." Exemptions to this policy were previously made for the Salvation Army red kettles and bell-ringers outside Target stores during the holidays through Christmas. In 2004, however, Target asked the organization to explore alternate methods to partner with Target. Target donates to local Salvation Army chapters through its grant program and annually to the United Way of America (the Salvation Army is a member of the United Way coalition).

In 2005, Target and the Salvation Army[68] created a joint effort called "The Target/Salvation Army Wish List," where online shoppers could donate goods to the organization for Hurricane victims by buying them directly from Target.com between November 25, 2005, and January 25, 2006. In 2006, they created another joint effort called "The Target/Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree,"[69] which is an online version of the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program;[70] in addition to donating proceeds made from the sales of limited edition Harvey Lewis angel ornaments within Target's stores. During the Thanksgiving holiday of 2006, Target and the Salvation Army partnered with magician David Blaine to send several families on a shopping spree the morning of Black Friday. The challenge held that if Blaine could successfully work his way out of a spinning gyroscope by the morning of Black Friday, then several families would receive $500 shopping certificates. The challenge was completed successfully by Blaine.[71]

During disasters, Target has been a major benefactor for relief efforts. Target provided monetary and product donations during the September 11 attacks; it also donated money for relief efforts for the 2004 tsunami in South Asia and donated $1.5 million (U.S.) to the American Red Cross in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It also allowed its store properties in the affected area to be used as command centers for relief organizations. It also donated supplies such as water and bug spray. Besides these major disasters, Target also regularly lends support to disasters that are not as well known or only affect a regional area.[citation needed]

I know your posting this because you found out some Positive info on Target - and I certainly appreciate it. I guess my thing is - that I shoppe where I shoppe, where I shoppe. This -includes "Tar-Jay" ("Target") of which I'm already aware of the community services they provide.

You are such a wonderful person for posting this. With that said - I guess my personal thing is that there is an actual need for this thread.

The fact remains - I just love their MUSIC. PERIOD. THE END. And if they make personal appearances, and "tour" to promote this music and sign a contract with a store - which I -BTW-believe in (Target -for their social awareness - I think that's really great for us (their fans). I think as their fans - (although I'm not an "elitist (sp) - we still love them, too) We should support them - versus judge them. Look in the MIRROR people).
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

"Empty pockets will Allow a greater Sense of wealth...." EV/ITW
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    Its an issues cause fans on here like to bitch bout anything and everything. The mods locked em cause its stupid to have 10 threads on the same topic. Hell people would bitch if ed drove a hummer or something.like take this thread for example. Is there really need to make another threard bout this. Why can't people just use the fucking search function and type in the word target. Not that hard.
    DeLukin wrote:
    It's only a story here because of all the censorship from the board mods. Which only works to fuel MORE rumor and speculation thus making it an even bigger story, and the cycle continues...

ANGER............Is it a gift?
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Gandhi

• Options
    PearlJain wrote:
    TheRiotAct wrote:
    See its not so bad...method to their madness.

From Wiki...

Target Corporation is consistently ranked as one of the most philanthropic companies in the country. It ranked #11 in Fortune Magazine's "Top 20 Most Admired Companies" for 2007, largely in part to the donation efforts of the company as a whole.[65] According to a November 2005 Forbes article, it ranked as the highest cash-giving company in America in percentage of income given (2.1%).[66] Target donates around 5 percent of its pre-tax operating profit; it gives over $3 million a week (up from $2 million in years prior) to the communities in which it operates. It also gives a percentage of charges from its Target Visa to schools designated by the cardholders. To date, Target has given over $150 million to schools across the United States through this program. Target's corporate by-laws state it must give 5 percent of its pre-tax profits to charity.[67][citation needed]

Further evidence of Target's philanthropy can be found in the Target House complex in Memphis, Tennessee, a long-term housing solution for families of patients at the city's St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. The corporation led the way with more than $27 million in donations, which made available 96 fully furnished apartments for families needing to stay at St. Jude over 90 days.

Target has a standard no-solicitation rule at its properties, as it seeks to provide a "distraction-free shopping experience for its guests." Exemptions to this policy were previously made for the Salvation Army red kettles and bell-ringers outside Target stores during the holidays through Christmas. In 2004, however, Target asked the organization to explore alternate methods to partner with Target. Target donates to local Salvation Army chapters through its grant program and annually to the United Way of America (the Salvation Army is a member of the United Way coalition).

In 2005, Target and the Salvation Army[68] created a joint effort called "The Target/Salvation Army Wish List," where online shoppers could donate goods to the organization for Hurricane victims by buying them directly from Target.com between November 25, 2005, and January 25, 2006. In 2006, they created another joint effort called "The Target/Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree,"[69] which is an online version of the Salvation Army's Angel Tree program;[70] in addition to donating proceeds made from the sales of limited edition Harvey Lewis angel ornaments within Target's stores. During the Thanksgiving holiday of 2006, Target and the Salvation Army partnered with magician David Blaine to send several families on a shopping spree the morning of Black Friday. The challenge held that if Blaine could successfully work his way out of a spinning gyroscope by the morning of Black Friday, then several families would receive $500 shopping certificates. The challenge was completed successfully by Blaine.[71]

During disasters, Target has been a major benefactor for relief efforts. Target provided monetary and product donations during the September 11 attacks; it also donated money for relief efforts for the 2004 tsunami in South Asia and donated $1.5 million (U.S.) to the American Red Cross in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005. It also allowed its store properties in the affected area to be used as command centers for relief organizations. It also donated supplies such as water and bug spray. Besides these major disasters, Target also regularly lends support to disasters that are not as well known or only affect a regional area.[citation needed]

I know your posting this because you found out some Positive info on Target - and I certainly appreciate it. I guess my thing is - that I shoppe where I shoppe, where I shoppe. This -includes "Tar-Jay" ("Target") of which I'm already aware of the community services they provide.

You are such a wonderful person for posting this. With that said - I guess my personal thing is that there is an actual need for this thread.

The fact remains - I just love their MUSIC. PERIOD. THE END. And if they make personal appearances, and "tour" to promote this music and sign a contract with a store - which I -BTW-believe in (Target -for their social awareness - I think that's really great for us (their fans). I think as their fans - (although I'm not an "elitist (sp) - we still love them, too) We should support them - versus judge them. Look in the MIRROR people).

I just wish people would " Sweep" their own door-steps before "sweeping" others. Times are changing. I think we are all pretty much in agreement here on THIS thread anyway. ;)