Options

Great posters - very cheap. hartford 98, boston 04 etc

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
edited June 2009 in The Porch
http://www.blackredyellow.com/bryforums ... =19852&hl=

a member over at the black red yellow is looking to offload a poster bundle for $500 - which is a great price if you want what he has.

The Hartford alone is a great catch.

as always this has nothing to do with me, If i have something to offload I would come right out and say it, in fact I'd rather like he Hartford myself!! Just helping him out as he doesnt have an account here
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    Could you post the list for those of us without a BRY account?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    seller seems like a real winner

he says
    "come on, dont make me go to synergy for the shitheads"

then a few posts later he asks someone with an account here to post this since he doesn't have an account on this site

so as a member of this board... you're a shithead

and now he wants your money

interesting
  • Options
    sure heres the links to whats being offered, some nice framing and very rare setlists included.....for anyone that can be bothered it would be a nice package to buy and resell, although it would be easier for someone from the states to buy due to the framing involved, however I'm siure he'd take it apart if you asked him

Hartford 98
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... C_0370.jpg
    Boston 2004 - blue whale tail
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... C_0369.jpg
    philly
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... C_0365.jpg
    Boston with full set lists
    http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... C_0367.jpg
    Ashville 04 (Neocon) with setlist
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... 0362-1.jpg
    Boston
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... C_0364.jpg
    Albany
    http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww26 ... C_0366.jpg
  • Options
    Lambchops wrote:

he says
    "come on, dont make me go to synergy for the shitheads"

then a few posts later he asks someone with an account here to post this since he doesn't have an account on this site

so as a member of this board... you're a shithead

and now he wants your money

interesting

Good post, I post at both places and spend far more time here, we guys over here tend to get our fair share of abuse elsewhere because we are seen to worship the band blindly - i.e.they can do no wrong.

I can see that, and I'm guilty of it, but for those not so into the band it looks pathetic, hence we get a little grief. I can deal with that. The guy selling these is a huge U2 fan and by the same token I've spent a bit of time telling him how shit they are, and that U2 fans are blind to it and dont mind them playing the same sets every night, and also that he must be blind not see Bono is an egotistical twat.

Its all banter, and BRY is an place full of sarcasm and fun poking, but on the whole its in good spirit.

The bottom line being if you are after what he is offering, they are going for an exceptional price, so whilst your post is good and valid - the deal on the table is good which is why i brought it here
  • Options
    I would be interested in buying the stuff, but I can't get into black and red and yellow to find the guy or forum, any help?
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I would be interested in buying the stuff, but I can't get into black and red and yellow to find the guy or forum, any help?

yeah you just need to register by creating a free account.

Its a great resource for posters too, well worth your time.

UPDATE - the hartford appears to be a copy, a good one at that, but a copy nonetheless - hence the exceptional price beinbg offered for this lot
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

UPDATE - the hartford appears to be a copy, a good one at that, but a copy nonetheless - hence the exceptional price beinbg offered for this lot

I made an account but can't seem to figure out how to get the message board.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    click the tab at the top left of the page - forums
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    pdalowsky wrote:

How do you know it's a copy? I'd be pissed if I bought any poster and later learned it was a copy.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    rawpixels wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

How do you know it's a copy? I'd be pissed if I bought any poster and later learned it was a copy.

because the guy who is selling it 'stonewashtheproblem' has just posted on the BRY thread to clarify....from the pics above though it sure looks good.
  • Options
    rawpixelsrawpixels Posts: 912
    pdalowsky wrote:

because the guy who is selling it 'stonewashtheproblem' has just posted on the BRY thread to clarify....from the pics above though it sure looks good.

Gotcha! Yeah, if it is a copy, it looks amazing, but it's still a copy. It's good that he was honest, though.
    One man stands alone awaiting
    for her to come home
    eyes upon the horizon
    in the dark before the
    darkness leaves the dawn
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    I'm having a bit of trouble with BRY as well. I've tried to open the Forum tab, but all is shows is forum statistics. Is this all that I am supposed to see in the browser, or should there be something else? Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,604
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Lambchops wrote:

he says "come on, dont make me go to synergy for the shitheads"

then a few posts later he asks someone with an account here to post this since he doesn't have an account on this site, so as a member of this board... you're a shithead and now he wants your money

interesting

Good post, I post at both places and spend far more time here, we guys over here tend to get our fair share of abuse elsewhere because we are seen to worship the band blindly - i.e.they can do no wrong.

I can see that, and I'm guilty of it, but for those not so into the band it looks pathetic, hence we get a little grief. I can deal with that. The guy selling these is a huge U2 fan and by the same token I've spent a bit of time telling him how shit they are, and that U2 fans are blind to it and dont mind them playing the same sets every night, and also that he must be blind not see Bono is an egotistical twat.

Its all banter, and BRY is an place full of sarcasm and fun poking, but on the whole its in good spirit.

The bottom line being if you are after what he is offering, they are going for an exceptional price, so whilst your post is good and valid - the deal on the table is good which is why i brought it here

don't take the "Shitheads" to heart, it's not meant as a personal attack on any specific member/s here. as stated above, BRY operates on a different "wavelength" than the Porch and as such sometimes the views expressed there don't always coincide with views expressed here,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    grr, can't access the forums even though I registered!
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    100 Pacer wrote:
    don't take the "Shitheads" to heart, it's not meant as a personal attack on any specific member/s here. as stated above, BRY operates on a different "wavelength" than the Porch and as such sometimes the views expressed there don't always coincide with views expressed here,...

i've know both boards ...

and sure, views expressed are different... naturally

and i understand that the fanboys and girls here can get quite annoying
    but are they more annoying than the cliques that run over there?

you call it operating on a different wavelength

i call it thinking they're better than people

so somebody tell me why a copy of a poster is $500?
  • Options
    I want Hartford. Copy or no copy. I just wish the stupid Black Red and Yellow forums were working.
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Murderers wrote:
    I just wish the stupid Black Red and Yellow forums were working.

+1
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Lambchops wrote:
    100 Pacer wrote:

i've know both boards ...

and sure, views expressed are different... naturally

and i understand that the fanboys and girls here can get quite annoying
    but are they more annoying than the cliques that run over there?

you call it operating on a different wavelength

i call it thinking they're better than people

so somebody tell me why a copy of a poster is $500?
    well said... i snooped around all the different fan forums when i was first getting into the band... BRY and red mosquito just werent as welcoming... they come off as arrogant / elitist... not saying they are - im sure its alot of the same people on all 3 boards - but theres definitely different vibes

and i think even us "shitheads" know better than to pay $500 for a fake... the rest of the set is pretty "meh" IMO... though i like how he framed the setlists with the posters
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    bry is working just fine for me
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I would love to have a couple of "fake" posters, (not the "mini" posters of ebay) I can't pay $400 for a poster, so a good copy should do the trick, if someone have some fakes for sale let me know ;)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    I would love to have a couple of "fake" posters, (not the "mini" posters of ebay) I can't pay $400 for a poster, so a good copy should do the trick, if someone have some fakes for sale let me know ;)
    +1
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    arq wrote:
    got a great looking adelaide '98 copy on ebay for like $12... kindof an under-the-table deal since the posting was removed... ill try to find the name of the seller for you... he might have more... not thrilled about supporting fakes, but the way i see it the true artist wont be profitting whether i buy from a flipper for hundreds or a copy artist for $12

if anyone has others though... lemme know as well :mrgreen: (anyone opposed, please save the moral lectures)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I already have all the poster i always dreamed of (cali trio 2000), but there's a couple of posters my family in SA would kill to have, but i can't send them a U2-PJ honolulu or a Do the Evolution 98 (McFarlane)...
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?