EV Nashville Pre-Party Fundraiser!!!

Comments

• kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Whoo-hoo! Can't wait--big bump!!! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • uratoweruratower Posts: 3
    It's the least I could do. Count Me In. I will look into possible PJ donations.
  • mysameoldfriendmysameoldfriend Tennessee Posts: 227
    I'm getting pretty excited about this......

10 days and counting til the first show!!!
    I am super excited about the whole thing!!! Can't wait to get back to Nashville, can't wait for the pre-party, can't wait for the shows!!! I am going to do some begging here, so help me out, peeps! Some of you may know that raffles are illegal in Tennessee without a prior permit. Permits are only issued July through December, and are not easily approved. I found out a few weeks ago, but didn't say anything here, as I was trying to figure out how to get around it. Apparently, I can't. Not only would I get in trouble (which might be a bit of an adventure), but so might Nashville Cares and BRB. So, I have been a bit stressed, as I would think that the raffles bring in a good bit of money for the beneficiary. Silent auctions are great, and we are doing them at the Nashville pre-party, but the thing with a silent auction is that you have to have something that a specific person really wants to get the bidding up.

Anyhoo, our first thought was to have a raffle, but make sure everyone got a "prize". However, if the prizes aren't equal, including the actual prize for that raffle, we can still be shut down. So, first I need input. I was thinking of doing give-a-way prizes and guilting everyone into just straight up donating. This alleviates the need for a classic raffle, and still makes it exciting to see who will win. I want to have a solid plan in place so that we don't get there with the intention of doing a classic raffle and being told that we cannot with no backup plan.

Secondly, I need to beg for some great silent auction prizes, as well as more items for the give-a-ways. I know that a lot of you have offered to bring something, but I have no idea what all it might be. I have been buying some small things to give away, but my husband is going to divorce me if I keep it up. LOL

Let me know your thoughts. They are valued and appreciated!!! :)

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    edited June 2009
    First off...don't stress! :D

We'll figure out a way around it. How about you put out a donation box and you just do "giveaways" every 15 minutes or so...have people write their names down and draw from a box. We can give out donated items, etc. That is one sure way to get around the raffle problem.

The auctions will bring in a fair amount of cash too!

While raising a lot of money is great, you're also shining light on an organization that may not normally get a full-days attention.

I don't have anything big for silent auctions, but I'm good for some CD's and stuff, so we'll have something to give away. Plus, I'm sure folks will show up with things to donate.

Again, don't stress! You're doing an awesome job Krista!

Cheers,

Brent
    Post edited by PissBottleMan on
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Put me down for bringing an 04 VFC St Louis (Cheney) poster and a couple of 00 boots. Probably will throw in a 7" and a cd single or 2.
  • anschachanschach Posts: 6
    I would like to RSVP if possible (+ guest)! I guess I'm tentative since I'll be driving from Indiana and am not too familiar with Nashville, but would love the chance to pre-party with other PJ fans! Um, I'm stingy and probably won't be able to part with any of my PJ stuff for the raffle, but I'll make a donation for the cause regardless.
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    anschach wrote:
    I would like to RSVP if possible (+ guest)! I guess I'm tentative since I'll be driving from Indiana and am not too familiar with Nashville, but would love the chance to pre-party with other PJ fans! Um, I'm stingy and probably won't be able to part with any of my PJ stuff for the raffle, but I'll make a donation for the cause regardless.

Alright! Another native hoosier going to Nashville! See you there!
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    anschach wrote:

It's right downtown within walking distance of the Ryman, so you should be golden man.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• DBev1980DBev1980 Posts: 67
    I'll be there! +1 and I'll try to bring some stuff for the silent auction.
    DBev1980, Frankfort KY

08-05-07 Chicago, IL / 08-04-07 Chicago, IL / 05-20-06 Cleveland, OH
    10-02-04 Toledo, OH / 06-07-03 Phoenix, AZ / 04-21-03 Lexington, KY
    04-18-03 Nashville, TN / 08-17-00 Nashville, TN
  • uratoweruratower Posts: 3
    What are The Electronic Options??? Text/email notification/"free"signup.. maybe pick up after the show or whatever. Add links to Nashville Cares for aditional afterthought donations... I dont know really, but ill keep thinkin...
    Hello, everyone! I spoke with Rachel at BRB this morning, and we are all set for next week! I am soo excited! Going out on Thursday to pick up the silent auction forms, have the Wishlist box here (for Nashville, Memphis and Atlanta) and will be dividing it up this weekend, packing my bags on Friday because I am super-excited, and repeating my mantra that I will "not have too much to drink at the pre-party". LOL

Thanks for all of the donation offers! I will update the first thread with RSVPs and donations this afternoon. I am hoping some really cool silent auction items I am working on will come through. We shall see, but PBM is right--this thing is going to get Nashville Cares name out in an arena which it might not have otherwise! I am sooo glad that I did this, and can't wait to help with Atlanta!!!

• rodentrodent Posts: 133
    Count me in +1. We're flying in from Toronto! :D
  • Krista,

We are still good with the pack mule. I talked with him on Saturday. Just distribute the Wishlist goodies equally & possible leave a few extra for Memphis as we are only having 1 party & the attendees are only having 1 shot of the Wishlist merch.....Maybe 5 or so. Also, thanks for the donation of the picks for the Delta Girls. I think I've seen what you're talking about & they are too cute!

I'm having a issues replying to PM's so this was the easiest & quickest way to get back to ya, sorry!

Good Luck & Great Prosperity!
    Melissa
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 134
    Hey friendly Nashvillians.... anyone have an extra ticket to sell for night 2?
    I gotta go and see Ed.

Please, please, please PM me..... I'm growing desparate as the days begin to count down to Thursday.

PS -- I'm a cool, low number 10c fan... not going to demand "Soon forget" the moment EV walks out after Mr. Finn. I respect the intimacy of the Ryman and will be a worthy fan to attend the show. Promise!
  • googoo Posts: 226
    I might stop by there. it'd be cool to meet some of you guys. I still need to sell my extra ticket for that night!
  • cbh1011cbh1011 Minnesota Posts: 134
    goo wrote:
    I still need to sell my extra ticket for that night!

PM sent. I'd love to buy that 10c ticket!
    I just updated the first post with RSVPs and donated items. If I missed your or your item, please let me know! It wasn't intentional...

To all my helpers...I will send out a PM this weekend, although there really isn't that much to do! Eddiewouldknow is bringing a cash box, and I am picking up the forms for the silent auction this weekend! I do need a bucket for the drawings, slips of paper (about 50 or so), and pens (for both the drawing box and the silent auction sheets--say, 10 or so?).

On a BRB note, they will be doing separate checks for us (which I thought was super-cool with a larger group and the possibility of food orders). We will have access to the full menu, which is also super-cool, as their food rocks! We may have one of the brewmasters for BRB in attendance as well! I am going to have a sign-in sheet as well, so be sure to sign in when you arrive...

Have a great day, party people. :)

My plan is to leave work at noon and drive to Nashville. I hope to be at BRB around 4 or so...see you guys next week!

PBM

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    kcherub wrote:

Can I party too? 8-)
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I plan on getting to Nashville around noon or so. Once checked in to the hotel, I'm gonna start hitting the bars along broadway. Looks like the BRB is at the end, so I might be crawling in. Anyone interested in doing a bar crawl along broadway prior to the Pre-Party?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    loadedgun wrote:
    Looks like the BRB is at the end, so I might be crawling in. Anyone interested in doing a bar crawl along broadway prior to the Pre-Party?

It's definitely at the end...there are some great little bars along Broadway...usually with live music going on. Enjoy all of what Music City has to offer!

PBM

• hey there Kcherub!!!

Got the money box......:)

My dontation item is the "limited edition" team McCready shirt!!!!! :D

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

xo
    signed: Mike McCready :geek:
    How I choose to feel......is how I am.
    I am bumping myself. ;)

One week bump...I am be there earlier than expected if you need some extra help.

Cheers,

PBM

One week bump...I am be there earlier than expected if you need some extra help.

Cheers,

PBM

Awesome! We are getting into town on Tuesday night, so we are going to drop by there for a drink and check out our area. Wish I had a great tablecloth for the silent auction/give-a-way table(s). I am going to talk to Rachel or Troy at BRB to see if they have any, and if not--will swing by the Target up there and pick a few up. I might even have my amazing seamstress do a cool logo on them for future WL use! :)

demetrios wrote:
    kcherub wrote:

Can I party too? 8-)

Well, of course! Wish it were in person, but I will try to find a relayer for the pre-party. LOL

Regarding any posters being brought for the silent auction/give-a-ways...if you know what you are bringing, will you send me a PM so that I can print out small pictures of it to laminate and put on the table? Also, let me know if you think your poster would work better as a silent auction or a give-a-way item. I have no freakin' idea what all these posters are worth, so I am going to need some guidance. :)

Thank you!!! Getting super excited looking through all of the Wishlist stuff! I wonder if Laura sent the two really cute items in a SMALL so that I would have to buy them??? My husband has already been trying to buy off of me, and my 8-year old has determined that he will need to have a ticket book for his personal use. I have told them HANDS OFF, PEOPLE for now! LOL

• Here's a Thursday bump from the Memphis preparty!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • jam_fanjjam_fanj Posts: 46
    Count me in +1. 1 week to go!!!