Albany EV Fundraiser Preparties!

Comments

• InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I am sick as shit today I better be better, so I can rock unhindered by Monday!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    bar to venue justa tweek under 1/4 of a mile..looks like my hotel to the venue is less than a mile too..maybe ill just walk...from the hotel to the bar from the bar to the venue..

That's not bad. I have no problem putting my friend through 1/4 mile walk
    Yeah, it should be a 5 minute walk. However, parking may be a bitch, as there is no parking for either Jillian's or the Palace. Either parking on the street or a garage...OFED - where's the garages or parking lots in the area?
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    how is the cab situation up there? my hotel is about 3 miles away from the theater, and i'd rather leave my car there and cab it to and from.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    bar to venue justa tweek under 1/4 of a mile..looks like my hotel to the venue is less than a mile too..maybe ill just walk...from the hotel to the bar from the bar to the venue..

That's not bad. I have no problem putting my friend through 1/4 mile walk
    Yeah, it should be a 5 minute walk. However, parking may be a bitch, as there is no parking for either Jillian's or the Palace. Either parking on the street or a garage...OFED - where's the garages or parking lots in the area?

i'm staying at the Hampton Inn..2 minute walk to venue and pre-party (it's in the middle) and there is a parking garage next to the hotel...$10 for the night.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    What street is it on Crazy Breed?
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,078
    i am stayin at the Holiday In Express...I think...ill just walk myself to where i gots to go:)
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    What street is it on Crazy Breed?

Chapel Street

and for all the people who have been on the board for a few years now...I hear there is a dude from Boston who is coming to the 2nd show & pre-party who's name rhymes with shoe. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

good times await!! this is going to be epic!!

barney-running-constestants-roll.jpg
    Lol Nice:)
  • Jeanwah wrote:
    OFED - where's the garages or parking lots in the area?
    Uhhh.... I dunno? LOL. There's a parking lot about 100 yards away from Jillians. I've updated my EV map.

That parking lot is a mad house on the weekends... I do not have any idea what it's going to be like on a Mon/Tues, but the EV show could pack that one as i think it's closest to the palace as well. It is (of course) pay parking, and it's not cheap (again, on the weekend it's $10 after some time... i never get there before 11 so I guess i don't really know).

I guess the "best" parking is the Quackenbush garage. Corner of Broadway and Orange st. pretty damn close, IMO. Rates for entry after 4 PM: $3.00 first hour or part, $ 2.00 second hour or part - $5.00 Max, $16.00 24-hour maximum

Columbia St. Garage. It's on the map, marked as... if you can't find it, i can't help you. It is located on Columbia Street between Broadway and Water Street. rates are: Entry after 4PM, $3.00 first hour or part, $2.00 second hour or part - $5.00 max, $16.00 24-hour maximum.

Also, down by red square and near the HI Express, there's tons of parking (listed as Parking 2 on the map). It's times union center parking and there's no event there either night. I'm 100% sure there will be parking there, but it's not so close (but if you were willing to walk from the HI Express, then it's technically closer than that!). some of it (like the garage and some of the lots) is pay, some of the street parking down there (on hudson) is free after 6pm i believe.
    DPrival78 wrote:
    how is the cab situation up there? my hotel is about 3 miles away from the theater, and i'd rather leave my car there and cab it to and from.
    dunno... never taken one here in albany. sorry.
  • VartVart Posts: 291
    You shouldn't have any problem getting a Taxi on a week night. I generally use Capitaland, and will most likely be using them to get down to the shows so my girl and I won't have to worry about driving after a few drinks. They're number is 518-785-9990. Usually a 15-20min wait, maybe a little less.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    Vart wrote:
    You shouldn't have any problem getting a Taxi on a week night. I generally use Capitaland, and will most likely be using them to get down to the shows so my girl and I won't have to worry about driving after a few drinks. They're number is 518-785-9990. Usually a 15-20min wait, maybe a little less.

sounds good. thanks!
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
    :)
    everyone scared to post on this thread now? lol
  • pjbugs007 wrote:
    shhhhhhh!
  • CalumCalum Posts: 635
    pjbugs007 wrote:
    Yes lol

Roll call, who else is crashing at the holiday inn ? me & bugs are.. anyone else?

I really hope I can hear Last Kiss :oops: I love it! also, here's to the state of....
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    pjbugs007 wrote:

Terrified! :o
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    heheh i can tell...its all hush hush now...
  • fuck that!!!! I'm not afraid to speak my mind and i never will be..and surely a mod is going to change that...the last one getting locked was big time bullshit..but like the NSA, apprantly they can do whatever they want .

any-hoo..........few days left to go! man i can't wait to be on vacation..i soooooooooo need to get away!! smoke, drink & have a good time with you all..Then see Ed & Liam woooooooo-fucking-hooooooooo...look out Albany..you're about to be invaded!!!!!
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    I have an extra PAIR of 10C tix to night 1.
    I am going to the pre-party so if anyone is interested in these tix I can meet you here.
    PM me or e-mail <!-- e --><a href="mailto:five55against1@yahoo.com">five55against1@yahoo.com</a><!-- e -->.
    Face of course.
  • BUMP!! you guys are letting me down...lunch time went by without 1 post!!! :x
    Im in hiding:)
  • I have a cold today. I hope I'm well enough by Tuesday. (By Well enough I mean I hope I can wear my contacts to the show without rubbing them the whole time). What do you think the cover to original ratio will be?
  • pjbugs007 wrote:

You think my eyes are closed..But I'm looking at you the whole fucking time!
  • pjbugs007 wrote:

"I'm looking through you, where did you go.
    I thought I knew you, what did I know?"
  • pjbugs007 wrote:

"I'm looking through you, where did you go.
    I thought I knew you, what did I know?"

:mrgreen::mrgreen: i love that song...in my top 3 Beatles tunes.
  • CalumCalum Posts: 635
    howdy L & G

Sorry I havent been messaging much, just been really busy as you can imagine. flights,hotels,trains etc alot of work I tell you!

Just booked a room n NYC for 3 nights after albany, and as a bday gift from my dad.. I am going on a helicopter tour of NYC ! cannot wait! Once I get back home, I will upload pics to facebook for everyone to see :D
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and DMB are going to be in the Albany area around the days of these shows. Ya think any of them will show up?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    Donations updated... pjbugs with the hook up!!!!!!!!!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • 3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Holiday express I am going axel rose on ur ass!!!! hahahahahaha, Where is the afterparty?
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • 3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    Bugs, ur the man. I will buy you a drink for stepping up like this.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.