Options

Pearl Jam to Europe?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Their treatment of British fans is pretty bad to be honest!

that's what you guys get for liking Oasis more...PJ should just stay home in the US where they are loved and appreciated! ;):mrgreen::mrgreen:

:mrgreen:
    fookin mad fer it
    :mrgreen:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Oasis is not that big in Europe anymore however they're still huge in the UK!
    But what has it got to do with Pearl Jam tour??? :evil: ;)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    Ricsard wrote:

they are huge in europe... read my last 3 or 4 posts in the thread about PJ copying Oasis..

they have just sold out a huge Euro tour dude... they are still a big concert band... worldwide.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dunkman wrote:
    Ricsard wrote:

they are huge in europe... read my last 3 or 4 posts in the thread about PJ copying Oasis..

they have just sold out a huge Euro tour dude... they are still a big concert band... worldwide.

Not where I live :lol:
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764

One date at Wembley and maybe somewhere else in the country if your lucky.

More dates in the British Isles please Guys, whether it be this year or next!

What's the problem, just cause the British music press gives them no respect, us fans still love them but the lack of dates when you consider the dates they do back home.

2 Festival dates does not make up for it as well!
    Are you serious? You guys are spoiled. They tour Europe often, a lot lately, and you always get at least 2 shows in London. It's not like they are going to play all over England; nobody does. Buck up and drive the couple hours; nothing's that far in the tiny island.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754

What's the problem, just cause the British music press gives them no respect, us fans still love them but the lack of dates when you consider the dates they do back home.

Are you serious? You guys are spoiled. They tour Europe often, a lot lately, and you always get at least 2 shows in London. It's not like they are going to play all over England; nobody does. Buck up and drive the couple hours; nothing's that far in the tiny island.
    often?
    1992, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2006, 2007... 6 times in 18 years is not exactly often, at least compare to North America. (and It's likely they're not coming back until next year, making it 3 years between 2 visits).
    And there was only 1 show in London (the whole UK actually) last time (despite the fact they had a free day and it sold out superfast).
    And yes, people tour the UK.. Springsteen did 3 stadium shows last year, and is back this year for at least 1 festival.

you barely get out of London in 2 hours drive btw.
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    Pegasus wrote:

often?
    1992, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2006, 2007... 6 times in 18 years is not exactly often, at least compare to North America. (and It's likely they're not coming back until next year, making it 3 years between 2 visits).
    And there was only 1 show in London (the whole UK actually) last time (despite the fact they had a free day and it sold out superfast).
    And yes, people tour the UK.. Springsteen did 3 stadium shows last year, and is back this year for at least 1 festival.

you barely get out of London in 2 hours drive btw.
    Overall, maybe not a ton, but lately a good amount. Remember they are an American band and it's much easier for them to play here. If you don't like it, move here. :D
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    If you don't like it, move here. :D

We can't - your government won't let us in! :cry:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    [/quote]

I'm hoping the guys will make it up to Scotland next time they're in Europe (or a nice gig in a place like the north east of England - wait I know just the place! Newcastle!!).

Seriously though - I think the UK in general would be extremely grateful for more headlining shows during the next Euro tour. Guys/10c/booking manager - if you need any venue advice just let me know ;);)[/quote]

That would be heaven, St James Park has to be the venue, combining my two loves - PJ and the Toon!
    Pearj Jam do have a better record in Europe though.
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    strummers wrote:

I'm hoping the guys will make it up to Scotland next time they're in Europe (or a nice gig in a place like the north east of England - wait I know just the place! Newcastle!!).

Seriously though - I think the UK in general would be extremely grateful for more headlining shows during the next Euro tour. Guys/10c/booking manager - if you need any venue advice just let me know ;);)
    That would be heaven, St James' Park has to be the venue, combining my two loves - PJ and the Toon!

Hell yeah! That's 2 votes for the Toon then! St James' Park it is - could also start off with a pre-tour acoustic warm up set at the Sage a couple of days before kicking off the full tour at SJP! What do you reckon?? :D

We need some joy up here at St James' the way things are going :cry: .
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,928
    strummers wrote:
    strummers wrote:

Seriously though - I think the UK in general would be extremely grateful for more headlining shows during the next Euro tour. Guys/10c/booking manager - if you need any venue advice just let me know ;);)
    That would be heaven, St James' Park has to be the venue, combining my two loves - PJ and the Toon!

Hell yeah! That's 2 votes for the Toon then! St James' Park it is - could also start off with a pre-tour acoustic warm up set at the Sage a couple of days before kicking off the full tour at SJP! What do you reckon?? :D

We need some joy up here at St James' the way things are going :cry: .

Make that 3 votes for the 'Toon. Strummers, I call dibs on your floor :P
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Well from '96 they have come to Europe every second album e.g No Code, Binaural, Self Titled.

So judging by that pattern we won't see them this tour, however its now 3+ years between albums so if they don't come on this tour we might not see them again until 2012!!!

Would love them to kick off the World Tour in Europe in August/September, however I have feeling the album won't be done until November :(
  • Options
    often?
    Overall, maybe not a ton, but lately a good amount. Remember they are an American band and it's much easier for them to play here. If you don't like it, move here. :D

who said americans can be arrogant and obnoxious :roll:
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    As much as I wish they would come to Finland - anywhere in Europe is fine with me! Please guys (yes..you, Mike..Ed.. Stone.. Jeff...Matt... Boom?) - tour Europe! :mrgreen:
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2009
    :
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    between 2006 and 2007 combined (and that had been 6 years since they had been here remember), we still got less shows than the US in 06 alone..for a bigger population.

and I don't need (want) to move, I just come for the shows and bugger back home again :P
    .. but not everyone can do that.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    akire wrote:
    As the title says, does anyone know if they are coming to Europe this year? :?

lets hope so!
    danny d
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    dunkman wrote:
    Ricsard wrote:

Not where I live :lol:

and not in Austria:)
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Europe in 2010 would be prefect for me ... and my first ever trip to Italy :mrgreen:
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Noel can't drive - started lessons and kids would turn up pointing so he thought "fuck this" but decided he would get taken to the late 90s Sex Pistols reunion gigs, their fans covered the roller in flem.

It's true I tells ya..

But back on the subject - is their any chance if Pearl Jam do play the UK it wont be London?
    I chuffin hope not..
    "oh when I was a kid, oh how magic it seemed"

Manchester, England (June 04, 2000) £27.50
    Leeds, England (August 25, 2006) £40
    Manchester, England (August 17, 2009) £50 - I think
    Manchester, UK (June 20, 2012) £50 - I think
    American Express presents BST Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) £80
    Manchester, June 2024 - TBC £160!!!

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things"
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Of the countries they do play in when they come, Ireland got shafted last time & we had to go to London etc to make up for it. We've a huge brilliant new Point theatre sitting there waiting for them to come back. Dublin 09 as a tour closer. Deffo.
  • Options
    Is any1 else completly pissed off at pearl jam for not playing anywhere in the UK except England. They have played Scotland twice in 15 years. Once was in a small venue so most people have only really seen them once in Scotland. We buy the records and merchandise yet we then also have to pay to travel to see them. Its not just Scotland its most places in Europe that Pearl Jam dont seem to think its important to tour theses wee cities.

One totally pissed off fan
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    hahah, your first post? Nice bait! I'll bite...

Are you too retarded to realize how cheap air travel is between london and scotland/ireland? You got em' on your side of the pond and apparently they will return in the next year after the album drops...youre in great shape but youre either too dumb or too spoiled to realize it!